An ancient Quest

Black Cohort

The beast being engaged by the two small squads finally falls quickly disintegrating into smoke as it returns to it's cursed realm. They can hear nearby gunfire as someone engages the last of the warp spawn.

The Explorator wounds the second creature but it is still moving, an oozing blob that flows towards him. He can act one moee time before the creature reaches him.

++ Solus, relay via vox++ the Explorator blurts out a string in binary, +This is Thane. I have successfully drawn the attention of the Intruder at Coordinates (xx) and continue engaging. Hostile is now open for intervention from friendly forces while I attempt to fall back to junction (xy)+ With the creature flowing towards him, Thane judges the probability and decides that an attempt to stop the creature is preferable to being overrun during a hasty retreat. Bracing the Hellgun against his shoulder, another staccato of las cracks rings out as he pulls the trigger a second time.

OOC WS 35 Semi-Auto Burst (+10), Point Blank(+30), Size(?) means DC 75 --- Result is 13 (phew) ..linky http://orokos.com/roll/550552#

Which means all three shots hitting, I guess.

Damage is E at Pen 7, with 11 http://orokos.com/roll/550553#, another 11 http://orokos.com/roll/550555# and 9 Damage respectively http://orokos.com/roll/550557#

Since Thane is shooting a Warp creature made of ooze, guess hit locations aren't that important here?

Sighing in relief as the thing is banished back to whence it came, Romelia takes a quick second to clear the jam from her first Bolt Pistol slamming in a new mag one clear before taking a quick look at the group assembled in their area: "Everyone alright?" she asks before responding to the Explorator "Confirmed Explorator; Hostile Eliminated on our end, on our way to your position. Be on the lookout for a potential third hostile."

The Explorator's fire seems to have had little effect on the oozing foe.  Each blast punches a hole in the creature that seals after a few seconds as it flows onwards.  A tentril flows out of the creature as it reaches the Explorator swinging over his head with no effect.

----

The other members of the team move towards the Explorator estimating that he is about 10 seconds away.

Solus frantically blurts out a warning in binary as the tendril misses it's master. Thane curses under his breath and attempts to back away from the oozing thing." I really miss that Plasma Torch we lost on Tantive IV."

OOC This seems to a moment where Thane's action is probably gamewise dictated by circumstance, or more likely the Initiative Order . I rolled 6 ( http://orokos.com/roll/551355# ). Thane is attempting to Diengage and put some distance between him and the ooze.

Thane let the Hellgun slip down along the gun strap as he backed away further from the invading goo. As the ooze pauses, the Explorator tenses, preparing to dodge. +Thane to Response Teams. I am leading the target towards the junction at (x;y). Beware, target may be capable of ranged engagements+

[ooc] Sorry, got super sidetracked![/ooc]

With the warning of the Explorator preceding her rounding of the corner and having her a bolt pistol already drawn, she quickly makes sure that she isn't going to be firing a mass-reactive round into the back of their mechanically inclined compatriot before opening fire on the...thing.

Initiative (4AB + 2 Arch-M Ability): 1d10+6 16

[ooc] Assumption is that the thing is within Short Range of us since it recently attempted to Melee the Explorator and I'm some distance behind him.

BS 53 + 10 (Semi-Auto) + 10 (Range) = 73; no half-aim since I moved into the corridor[/ooc]

Ballistic Skill Test vs 73: 1d100 64 = 1 DoS only for 1 hit, missing a 2nd by 1 :sad.:

Damage: 2d10+7 19 = 13 X Damage, Pen 4, Clip: 6/8 (Rolled 2 6s')

Not even bothering to warn the Explorator that she was opening fire; assuming that he had to have something that let him know she was there what with all the replacement parts.

Edited by Slips

"Emperor have mercy...I...well...I can't say that that's a common occurrence...." she says slightly bummed out that she slew her prey so rapidly, holstering her pistol as all clears start resounding in her earpiece. Snapping back from her slight reverie a second or so later, she remembers herself and approaches the explorator " Explorator! Were you harmed?"

Straightening, Thane keeps his attention focused on the dissolving thing and continues his retreat, albeit in slower, more dignified matter.
"The Omnissiah smiles upon us, Archmillitant" A ruffling of armor and robes conveys something like nod. "Your timely arrival and swift action has ensured the safety of my physical form. " Another nod. "Thank you, Archmilitant. Is anyone else in need of medical assistance?" With no immediate danger present, the Explorator begins taking in his wider surroundings. With a short burst of binary, Thane sends his ServoSkull to scan the area, making sure the threat has been averted and in search of possible survivors. "I suggest we secure the area before deploying purification and repair choirs"

Edited by Xin Ceithan

Fortunately the Gellar field breach is the only significant incident on your journey. You exit the warp a safe distance from the planet, it will take you 74 hours to reach the ideal launch point.

You see that the system is fairly empty with a few small orbital facilities over the main colony and one transport ship heading towards the planet. The transport is moving slower than you would but will still reach orbit 18 hours before you following a normal system entry.

The rogue trader calls you all back to her briefing room.

"So it seems that we are not the first to arrive. Options?"

Victris peers at the dataslate before him, trying to ascertain if the transport was one of the vessels that had been at Port Wander during their visit or just another colony transport.

"Administrative interference by the port authorities?" inquires the navigator, glancing towards Ethan. Red tape had never been an issue for the fleet of the Mechanicus but he had heard dark tales of vessels stranded in space awaiting some scribe to discover the fate of their system permit.

"Our current data is not sufficient to formulate adequate options. With your permission, I will access the current Sensorium readouts and attempt to identify the vessel. We should at least attempt to verify if this craft is here investigate the relic site before wasting resources in attempt to outrun or outgun it." Thane shrugs. "I am assuming we are not initiating a pre-emetics use of force this close to Imperial authorities at this point". Gesturing toward the SevoSkull, the Explorator begins to examine the data feed from the Sensorium. "At any rate, I am seconding the delaying option brought on by Master Victris. As a suggestion, I will prepare a list of possible pathogens and ailments which could be used to convince port authorities to delay the transport until necessary rituals of prevention have been observed."

Ethan nods at Victris. "I have some friends in the adminstratum and I might be able to work something out to slow that ship down. I'll return to the bridge immediately and reach out to my contact."

Charm(?) test with administratum contact:

Fellowship 51, Etiquette +10 for dealing with high authority, Loyalty +5 to all Fel tests while aboard ship, Peer (Administratum) talent +10 = 76

Roll: 43. 3 degrees of Success unless GM applies other modifiers. 

Thane quickly identifies the transport as the "Anointed Star" a independent merchant vessel that was at the edges of Port Wander system preparing to warp when the news of the find broke.

Fortunately Ethan has an old friend who was recently transferred to this system. "Ethan my old friend, it is good to hear from you. It turns out that ship recently docked at Ragesh III, where the white flux is common. The High Lords Colonization Sanitation Decree of M37.633 chapter II section VI Paragraph D states, the following diseases are if great risk to fledgling colonies and all efforts to prevent their spread must be undertaken. Further in sub para 4, it lists the white flux as one of those diseases. According to the Imperial quarantine guide of M40.728 version 2, white flux can manifest up to 100 days after initial infection. It would seem that it has been 96 days and 20 hours since the ship departed Ragesh III. As a diligent servant of the Throne, it appears that I am duty bound to order the vessel to remain in orbit until the required safety period has elapsed. To do otherwise would violate a direct order from the High Lords of Terra. I assume this means I don't owe you anymore for that thing on Rexos Prime?"

• 2 weeks later...
Nodding in appreciation, Thane quips im binary, watching the exchange on the view screen. +Solus. Activation rituals are to begin at once, so that the Ship's Launch is ready for descent once we reach orbit+