An ancient Quest

Black Cohort

I can understand and definitely haven't been coming back to this topic as frequently as I should have; the slow pace has indeed made it difficult for me to keep track of the topic. :\

The missing notification thing is certainly an issue here. I tried to manually check for updates./ new post initially and kind of let it slip. Also typing from my mobile's possessed autocorrect meant keeping posts short or delaying until I got home. And being new to this play by post thing, I felt a bit likeI was forcing my char into the spotlight at the cost of other who were maybe just delayed.

Anyhow, what are our options or solutions here? I am certainly up for running this even if there might be some adjustments needed.

I can try to increase the rate I post at, I wanted to at least bring it up so we can try to address it.  I also played with some settings and notifications of posts in threads I follow trigger the bell at the top, similar to if someone likes one of my posts.

Xin, don't worry about posting too much.  It is much harder to steal the spotlight in play-by-post rather than face to face.  Others aren't waiting around the same way here as they would if we were sitting around a table.

[ooc]Ok that cold lasted far too long.[/ooc]

The Rogue Trader calls down, "Acknowledged Ethan, tell the Governor what he wants to hear.  We can sort out how to deal with his schemes later, unless any of you have a better plan?  If his men resist any further once an agreement is reached, re-arrange the equation in our favour."

"The tent, and all it contains, are not within the boundaries set by the governors aid", Victris notes, "and I fear that if we should depart this place for negotiations there may be little left to return for. Perhaps we should discover what has already been taken from the craft and take measures to ensure that nothing more leaves before we can enter."

Ethan brings up the channel to the governor's staff. "I've been in contact with the Captain and she's prepared to make some concessions here, but ten percent off the top -- I think we can both agree -- is a bit steep. Tell you what, I'll offer six, you'll come back with nine, and then we agree on seven so that it looks like we've both been doing our jobs to our superiors. At the end of the day it's a marginal difference to the governor's take when it's all run through the cogitators but to a Rogue Trader there's a reputation to maintain that's far more easily diminished than that of a planetary governor in the eyes of her peers and we can't give the appearance of concessions without some haggling. Would that be amenable to his Lordship?"

Ethan brings up the channel to the governor's staff. "I've been in contact with the Captain and she's prepared to make some concessions here, but ten percent off the top -- I think we can both agree -- is a bit steep. Tell you what, I'll offer six, you'll come back with nine, and then we agree on seven so that it looks like we've both been doing our jobs to our superiors. At the end of the day it's a marginal difference to the governor's take when it's all run through the cogitators but to a Rogue Trader there's a reputation to maintain that's far more easily diminished than that of a planetary governor in the eyes of her peers and we can't give the appearance of concessions without some haggling. Would that be amenable to his Lordship?"

"This is barely acceptable but when any announcements are made it must be clear it was only possible through the gracious assistance of the governor."

"So, whats the word? We good to go? I'd rather get in there ASAP before more start showing up and we start getting unannounced guests." she asks, not being privy to the private communications.

"The tent, and all it contains, are not within the boundaries set by the governors aid", Victris notes, "and I fear that if we should depart this place for negotiations there may be little left to return for. Perhaps we should discover what has already been taken from the craft and take measures to ensure that nothing more leaves before we can enter."

"With a wreck this ancient, any and all things are likely to be viewed as holy relics. That said, the relative newness of this discovery should mean that they haven't yet gotten to the interesting parts. I'll keep an eye out and we should all do the same, however, for ancient, powerful stuff has a worrisome habit of looking relatively mundane."'

Thane pays only passing attention to the conversation as he has been running the Protocols of Greeting a fellow Traveler on the path of unity with the Machine God, exchanging ritual formula and technolingual chants among the necessary praises and rites.Minutes pass as sacred data is exchanged. Given the somewhat... eccentric.. reputation of the Ix'Chaal, the Explorator has established a tradition of attributing his identity and personal ciphers closer the Disciples of Thule and the Lathe worlds at large, combined with the expectations regarding more mercurial humors often associated with the Calling of the Explorator,Thane found it usually sufficient in establishing a working relationship with his fellow Adeptus. It was not deception as far as Thane was concerned. It was simply efficiently using the data at hand in away that kept more orthodox minds from stalling the Great Work, unhindered by a lack of perspective. Finally, Thane pulses a request to the local adept.

+Honorured Fellow, would you allow my fleshbased companion units and my physical frame access to your temporary environment shelter to observe your findings? I would look forward to see what insight you have gleaned from such a fortuitous trove already+

Ethan opens a channel to the captain and the away team. "I just got the green rune from the governor's office, but it's going to cost us seven percent off the top and the usual tip of the hat to the greedy bugger when it's all said and done."

You see the junior officer in charge of security touch his ear, clearly listening to a transmission.  Once it is completed he turns to the arch-militant.

"It would seem like you have secured clearance from people far more important than me.  But the Priest of Mars does not report to me."

-------------------------

The explorator exchanges the detailed and required forms of greeting and communication with the local tech-priest, including passages from the catechisms of knowledge and learning and the invocations of proffering assistance while not implying the fellow priest requires assistance, over the noosphere as he approaches.

Once in the tent, you see that the tech-priest has removed a single dataslate which is sitting on an elctro-transference pad.

Romelia simply shrugs to the officer "Whatever works." and then turns to the others "Alright, lets get a move on" before picking up the gear she put down (if any) and crosses the security line to begin heading towards the wreck.

Victris keeps his head down as he follows Thane, using his familiarity with the explorator fleets to try and appear as much like an attendant with regards to his position and demeanour.

Sparing a glance for the others, knowing they still had time to inspect the pod itself, he once again extended his senses looking for signs of warp energy. At this point there was little he could do about the pad itself but did not doubt that Thane had also observed the device.

The Explorator glances around the tent, taking in his surroundings. After establishing a preliminary survey of it's contents, Thane turns his attention towards the pad on the transference node. The Explorator bows, making the sign of the Omnissiah across his chest and offering a binaries praise to a relic recovered from the past. He then begins analyzing the device, careful not to touch anything.

[is this a good time for an Archeotech roll ?]

He spares a sideways glance at the local Adept:

"What have you accumulated regarding the wreck? Any ideas of its origin?"

Solus circles around the tent, mechatendrils quivering, mumbling in binary.

Over a private channel, Thane subvocalizes towards Victris. + Keep me informed if the Empyrean area saturation surpasses acceptable levels."

Sorry to drop this on you guys after the recent attempt to keep this going, but I'm taking a break from 40k entirely and don't plan on being on the B&C much at all for the forseeable future. I was really enjoying Ethan but if no one wants to take over the character do with him as you please.