Help me find new models for my army

Deekthegreat

Hey all so I own about 4000 points of salamanders but I want to add to the army and I just don't know what to add what's currently in my collection

Praetor

Chaplain

Primus medicae

Apothecary

10 fire drakes

10 pyroclasts

2 contemptor dreads

2 dread drop pods

3 quad mortars

55 tactical marines

2 rhinos

2 land raider Achilles

1 spartan

And Vulcan

I'm stuck with what to get because I like fast units like bikes and javelins but my play group says those aren't very salamanders because fluff. I thought about it and would drop pods fit the salamanders theme well?

I have zero special weapons on my tactical squads just 55 Bolter marines. So tactical support squads maybe? Would 9 more quad mortars be overkill? Any suggestions would be great :) thanks all

I think getting some more infantry diversity as you suggested would be a good place to start, any chance of altering some of your existing tacticals with special/heavy weapons? Other things to consider: 

• Some more rhino chassis tanks - leaning towards vindicators/ or melta predators for theme points
  • I think dreads are very thematic for Salamanders so perhaps looking at a Leviathan or Deredo
  • You already have plenty of infantry but could also consider getting some more non-Firedrake terminators as they are a pretty fluffy unit for Salamanders
  • I also wouldn't be too caught up with the absolutely no skimmer/flyers - the Salamanders still had these units - so perhaps some Javelins or even Fire raptor/Storm eagle/Xiphon
  • Another fun thing to do could be to look at filling out the command roster (ie. the other types of Centurions)- as you already have a sizeable force, it could allow for more narrative options if that floats your boat. 

So where does it show jetbikes can have heavy flamers? I don't see it as an option in the book so did I miss an update?

Salamanders can exchange any heavy bolters for heavy flamers for free so it's just a straight swap.