The Drinking Hole - General Necromunda banter thread

hummus

That's a good option, but I honestly liked the way it used to be - we had an open-ended campaign with a map of the level of the Hive that the gangs were fighting for.  The goal, of course, was to conquer enough territories so that the other gangs would have little choice but to submit - but that probably only works with small groups and mutual agreement.

• 2 weeks later...

Some House Escher colour schemes posted on the 40k subreddit (they come from a GW stores Facebook page or something)

Imgur link isn't working for me but here's the reddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/Warhammer40k/comments/78jcdv/gw_harajuku_posts_necromunda_images_early_house/

Edited by Reyner

So never played necromunda, do your characters have injury/buffs that carry on from game to game? Had some guys that wanted to do a campaign (this is their first wh40k game). With how vibrant house escher is my wife may join in as well.

I have been wanting to buy some Tempestus for awhile, would they fit into any gang? I love their models but don't play guard... Y

yet.

Out of the main 6 houses, Tempestus would probably fit best as Van Saar? More uniform look, with high tech equipment, armour and weapons?

I have seen some cracking Van Saar converted from GS Cult bodies, Tempestus arms and bearded SW heads...

At the moment I'm wondering about the plastic wall and door sections, seem to be on a similar scale to the old Necromunda terrain, might be useful for combining/ kitbashing larger buildings?

Looking at the sprues I wonder how easy it would be to magnetise the arms to the Gangers so you can build them to match the preset Gangers or make your own unique ones... My wife wants the Goliaths (I have a feeling Mad Max quotes will be thrown around a lot, can't wait haha) so I'll be playing the Eschers until the other Houses make their entrance! 

So there is going to be a campaign mode right? Something that is going to go on for a series of games?

Yes, but you'll need an additional book for that, it's not included in the box. I wonder if they'll just include the rules in that book or the different gangs as well. It would suck to buy the book for 2 gangs when they release a new one in january.

I know there is a campaign for the 3D 'version' but I dont recall hearing or seeing anything about a boardgame campaign system.

Not sure if people have seen it but BeastsofWar have a gameplay vid where they got to try it at one of the trade shows. I admit that I am an Oldmunda elitist and what I have seen so far has pleased me. I love how they work out hard/soft cover so there isnt arguments. Good job so far GW. :tu: My only complaint is the monopose'ishness (its a real word, trust me) of the minis, but I aint getting this for the toys, to me they are raw materials for the conversion god.

I know there is a campaign for the 3D 'version' but I dont recall hearing or seeing anything about a boardgame campaign system.

There is no difference, the actual playing in either tunnels or 3D-terrain has no impact on the use of a campaign. There are blank unitcards in the box to make your own dudes, so you could include juves. Just annoying that you have to buy an extra book to be able to play a campaign.

I think WB mentioned that alternating between missions in tunnels and regular terrain would be nice to add some variation.

Edited by GreyRavenC

There is no difference, the actual playing in either tunnels or 3D-terrain has no impact on the use of a campaign. There are blank unitcards in the box to make your own dudes, so you could include juves. Just annoying that you have to buy an extra book to be able to play a campaign.

I think WB mentioned that alternating between missions in tunnels and regular terrain would be nice to add some variation.

I know, I just woke up and could have worded that better I must admit. I should have just said 'no idea about the box set but its in the cash grab book'.

Cash grab book.

Perfect summary. They should use that instead of 'gaming supplement'. 

Edit: The book is nice when you have no interest in the boxed game, but they could have included it in the box at the very least.

Edited by GreyRavenC

They are also selling the Escher and Goliath gangs in there own boxes immediately, so for anyone complaining, you can simply buy the gangs and the 3d terrain book when it releases if you want. I personally plan on using my space hulk board tiles (which are probably the best terrain I've ever bought) for some tunnels missions. 

We don't yet know if the Gang Wars book will have the actual Necromunda rules in it, or if it will just have the supplemental rules needed to play in 3D.  I don't want to assume it's all you'd need (especially knowing GW's modus operandi) until I see it in a couple weeks.

Since I will have new people playing I plan on getting the box set and the additional book. Practice with the box set so the know how to play. While they do that I can paint up some Sector Mechanicus for campaigns. Just need to find a mat or plastic panels that match the terrain.