The Drinking Hole - General Necromunda banter thread

hummus

http://pro.bols.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/NdhJR1r.jpg

http://pro.bols.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/22852944_1779717748994054_6839838918036508347_n.jpg

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2017/10/white-dwarf-upcoming-releases.html

New terrain and some repackaged old ones, cant wait

Edited by Colonel Schaeffer

• 2 weeks later...

Just like the House Weapon Charts in the last edition. 

One thing that will piss people off is Gangers not being able to change weapons in a campaign. I have seen people fly off the handle about that but they dont pay attention that you CHOOSE your stat increase, so if you make a shooty ganger you choose the BS increase not the WS. 

Just like the House Weapon Charts in the last edition. 

One thing that will piss people off is Gangers not being able to change weapons in a campaign. I have seen people fly off the handle about that but they dont pay attention that you CHOOSE your stat increase, so if you make a shooty ganger you choose the BS increase not the WS. 

That does address the issue of having to convert new versions of gangers because they rolled the 'wrong' upgrades.

Overall I'm pleased with this. It feels like Necromunda and yet still improves on the classic formula. There are some things my group will be house ruling however: everyone will be able to swap out equipment, and hangers will use the same table as juves for skills. I understand the WYSIWYG issue and the concern for new players but I have a temporary glue I use to swap loadouts anyway.

1000 creds. Confirmed by someone who has the book. 

Looking at the starting gangs in the box and the main rulebook yesterday, that is incorrect.  1500 is the starting amount.

I was under the understanding that the starting gangs cost more because they have extra skills etc.  

After talking to someone about this they said the page above is from the campaign rules in the expansion, and maybe the 1500 thing could be for pick up games and the starting gangs to represent gangs that have already had a few fights under their belt. 

That would seem to be the case.  There are rules in the main rulebook for creating your own gang and the limit is 1500 - but that's probably for non-campaign settings, I guess.  My store didn't have a copy of Gang War to look over.

Still, it seems strange that you couldn't play the basic gang in a campaign... doesn't it?

That would seem to be the case.  There are rules in the main rulebook for creating your own gang and the limit is 1500 - but that's probably for non-campaign settings, I guess.  My store didn't have a copy of Gang War to look over.

Still, it seems strange that you couldn't play the basic gang in a campaign... doesn't it?

Indeed, tbh I think GW has dropped the ball with Necromunda, but I am not here to complain as we have all heard them anyway from various people. 

Indeed, tbh I think GW has dropped the ball with Necromunda, but I am not here to complain as we have all heard them anyway from various people. 

I guess that's the way of saying get the box set and get the book...the book should've been in the box set from the get go :sweat:  anyways...

do people have colour schemes all sorted for their new gangs?... any new ideas or sticking with old school?... 

I'm thinking of Going Ex-Army looking for my Goliaths eg camo or Olive pants, brown singlets/t-shirts(if they have any upper torso coverings?)

with either plain rusted metal or a nice ??? "insert colour here" for the plates...

Mithril