The Drinking Hole - General Necromunda banter thread

hummus

A name tag isn't a bad idea, but usually I place those on the back of the base - I find them unsightly on the front (not to mention my freehand lettering is awful) and it's more important for me to be able to see the name than my opponent (so that I know who has what gear and stats.

But these are great ideas, thanks.  Always open to imaginative suggestions.  I might also take a look at how Warmahordes players did it - if only they had a forum as good as this one...

Well it's Xeno traders in the top spires of the hive. In an IF recruiting world.

So yeah I think is uncommon.

I've always had the impression that the planetary governors have enough power to get the liberty to read the imperial laws as they wish as long as they can meet the calls for materials and manpower from the larger imperium.

On the topic of the 90° arc:

I could never find anything about this in shadow wars, and it bothered me a lot, is it an Xwing 90° arc (45° from the center point of the base) or is it a warmachinr 90° (90° each way from the center, giving you a 180° peripheral vision)?

A lot of the players playing shadow wars said it was the second one, and I couldn't find anything in the rules explicitly saying so (I might have just missed it)

Again, Eldar were in original Necromunda as well.

Screenshot_2017_11_14_at_6.jpg

A lot of the whole "Ew, XENOS GET OUT OF MY GALAXY REE!!1!" only showed up in 3rd edition, before Necromunda was written.

That isn't 'original' as such - it's Citadel Journal, right? But the Elder scout I had linked to somewhere on the B&C was in Outlanders, but as an oddity. Anyway, 2nd did also have a strong anti-xenos standing for humanity, it wasn't a new thing in 3rd. If you don't believe me, go read the 2nd edition codices & books. And that article by Jervis is from after 3rd was published too! 

@ All:

Please note that whilst posting a snippet from a page or an article is one thing, posting complete pages and/or rules sections is an intellectual property (IP) violation, and is therefore against B&C rules.

Sure thing! Would the living rulebook from the 2000s, published online by GW, be ok? It doesn't have that section from Outlanders, but for other pages & the like? Or not?
Edited by Petitioner's City

It's a 90 degree arc from the center of the base - 45 degrees to the left, 45 to the right.  I've seen the template and basically it's a right triangle (minus the curve at the apex).  It was the same in Shadow War (there's a diagram in the rulebook on page 36 - but in SW:A arc of fire only applies to Overwatch, at all other times you can turn to face your target).

Edited by Ulfgrim Alvsbane

Again, Eldar were in original Necromunda as well.

Screenshot_2017_11_14_at_6.jpg

A lot of the whole "Ew, XENOS GET OUT OF MY GALAXY REE!!1!" only showed up in 3rd edition, before Necromunda was written.

Well I'll be damned. I stand by my original statement though, a Hired Gun SC would be ok, but a full blown gang would be too much. One of the great things about Necromunda is the fact it's an insight into the more human/everyday life of the setting. Lots of Xenos gangs would take away from that.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how the re-release plays out, I was excited at first just because they were bringing Necro back but with the beastmen hired guns and possible use for Eldar in the game I think its going to be a blast. Especially if I can find an excuse to make a Ork Freebooterz gang....

Disappointing about the lack of out-law gang rules, but maybe thats something that will be released as Chapter approved

@ All:

Please note that whilst posting a snippet from a page or an article is one thing, posting complete pages and/or rules sections is an intellectual property (IP) violation, and is therefore against B&C rules.

Sure thing! Would the living rulebook from the 2000s, published online by GW, be ok? It doesn't have that section from Outlanders, but for other pages & the like? Or not?

Speaking here as a Frater and not a Mod, I would prefer to have topics remain "whole" and not have parts removed or hidden - for whatever reason - as I often find them useful long after they topic is finished (for example, if I'm searching for something and happen across a relevant thread). When part of that discussion has been excised, I feel it can diminish the thread's value as those who come to it later will obviously miss out on parts that are no longer there.

Therefore, my personal (i.e., not official) position would be to err on the side of caution if in doubt, to avoid having something removed from the thread (and therefore from the flow of discussion).

For example, you might post the points values of a lasguns vs an autogun in order to make a comparison as part of a discussion, but you wouldn't just post the whole armoury's points costs even if doing so is relevant to the discussion.

Similarly, one one or two specific snippets is one thing, but posting a complete section or table is probably not.

Whether the source was released for free or not, I would again err on the side of caution.

Hopefully that helps at least a bit? :smile.:

I'm really looking forward to seeing how the re-release plays out, I was excited at first just because they were bringing Necro back but with the beastmen hired guns and possible use for Eldar in the game I think its going to be a blast. Especially if I can find an excuse to make a Ork Freebooterz gang.... Disappointing about the lack of out-law gang rules, but maybe thats something that will be released as Chapter approved

I'm trying not to get too excited, and am going to wait to try it first before I pass judgement.

That said, I would suggest that rather than waiting to see if Orks get a release in Necromunda you just use Goliath rules in a "counts as" capacity for your Ork gang - I have a feeling they'd be a perfect match! :biggrin.:

As for the Outlaw rules and Outlander gangs... I would probably expect the Outlaw rules in some form via a future Gang Wars "N" expansion, but Outlanders are almost certainly coming after the House gangs are done - assuming that the new Necromunda does well. Now whether Orks specifically get an Outlanders gang is another matter (and I'd suggest it's unlikely except perhaps via a White Dwarf article). Then again, I didn't expect Halflings cooks or Beastman bounty hunters as hired guns either, so who knows? :wink:

Edited by Major_Gilbear

I like the idea of an Ork gang using Goliath rules. I'm not normally an Ork sort of player but I'd love to see that!

these are the perfect models for an Ork Goliath Gang -

med_gallery_9146_6928_7322.jpg

and your right that would be awesome to see :thumbsup:

Mithril

Damn :sweat:  even i'm tempted by this idea...although i'd go real pale on the green,even as far as Nurgling green, pale green orks in the underhive :wub:

Q- how many spare weapons etc are there on the Goliath sprue ?...and speaking of that,does anyone Know how many gas mask/re-breather heads are on the Goliath sprues?...i was wanting to maybe make all my gang in re-Breather masks..:happy.:

Cheers, Mithril

Well, using Goliath rules for Orks was done by some players in the older versions of Necromunda too (Warboss Kurgan and Big Boss Redskullz are two such people that I believe used to do this). If anything, the new Goliath rules just seem to fit even better! :D

Another counts-as gang, especially if you're after a sneakier type of Ork gang could be Cawdor. They typically got skills based around ferocity, agility, and combat, and are therefore a reasonable match for these types of gangs.

Finally, Pit Slaves were a good choice for those Ork players wanting something based around a mob of crazy CybOrks. Again, suitable skill sets, Outlanders, lots of bionics, melee-oriented, and lots of ablative slab armour all worked well with the theme.

Q- how many spare weapons etc are there on the Goliath sprue ?...and speaking of that,does anyone Know how many gas mask/re-breather heads are on the Goliath sprues?...i was wanting to maybe make all my gang in re-Breather masks..:happy.:

Here you go:

I was really hoping that I could make an entire gang of guys with just gas masks (half or full) and, while there's only one full and one half gas mask per sprue sheet (meaning only 4 per ten guys) the sprue actually has a full gas mask piece that's supposed to be used as belt decoration. Given the way the heads come in two parts, I wanted to check if that gas mask decoration would work and... lo and behold, it does work, with only a little bit of green stuff to be added. Since I get to keep the extra bits from this set, when I get my own box I should be able to make a full Goliath gang with gas masks. Can't wait for that! :biggrin.:

:)

Q- how many spare weapons etc are there on the Goliath sprue ?...and speaking of that,does anyone Know how many gas mask/re-breather heads are on the Goliath sprues?...i was wanting to maybe make all my gang in re-Breather masks..^_^

Here you go:

I was really hoping that I could make an entire gang of guys with just gas masks (half or full) and, while there's only one full and one half gas mask per sprue sheet (meaning only 4 per ten guys) the sprue actually has a full gas mask piece that's supposed to be used as belt decoration. Given the way the heads come in two parts, I wanted to check if that gas mask decoration would work and... lo and behold, it does work, with only a little bit of green stuff to be added. Since I get to keep the extra bits from this set, when I get my own box I should be able to make a full Goliath gang with gas masks. Can't wait for that! :D

:)

Thanks for that., but gee that means I have to get a second box to make it happen... Might be doing 2 gangs then I guess lol,

Cheers, Mithril