The Drinking Hole - General Necromunda banter thread

hummus

Excellent. Now that they're distracted and all pulled in close to their base by my planted rumour of a raid it'll be easy pickings to muscle our way in on one of their peripheral holdings.

Ha! Joke's on you! All my territories are Slag Heaps!

I'm so poor... :(

I just bought a complete set of 12 of the original unpainted Orlok plastics on ebay in anticipation of this, time to break out the green stuff. :smile.:

I call dibs on any left over stub gun arms!!! I love a good stub gun I do.

I just bought a complete set of 12 of the original unpainted Orlok plastics on ebay in anticipation of this, time to break out the green stuff. :smile.:

I call dibs on any left over stub gun arms!!! I love a good stub gun I do.

I think I've got a few kicking about, drop me a PM if you want them :)

Having a hard time getting in Character I have mellowed in old age.:dry.:

Just wait until you open the starter set then, I bet you will Squeeeee and do other childish stuff. :lol:

Ha! Joke's on you! All my territories are Slag Heaps!

Slag heap? Score! Just the raw materials we need to maintain that Ko-Iron contract.

In that case... I'd better get the lads ready. Lasguns and hand flamers all round! Someone kick Big Steve! We'll need that heavy stubber! :devil:

Edited by Olis
Typo. Again.

I cant look at Goliaths without thinking of the Blue Oyster from Police Academy. 

Well, now I know what my paint scheme is gonna be! :biggrin.:

Among all the other things our group did, we made a map of the spire we were battling for.  One of the players held a junk yard (whatever they were called)  I asked one of the other players to help me come up with a name.  "I want it to suggest crap, but useful crap" I said.

His reply: "Um, how about... The Dump?"

Classic.

Edited by Ulfgrim Alvsbane

Ahh welcome to the Drinking Hole, whats your poison sir?? Though we only have urine at the moment, but we do have a choice of Human or Rat. 

Why stick to GW gangs, nothing from stopping you creating your own but using the rules for another House. For years I was using Confrontation gangs with Necromunda gang rules. So far (I cant speak for the new edition) the only difference between gangs was the weapon charts used for starting gangs (House weapon lists were introduced in 2nd ed) and the skill charts used when you level up. 

Or just go Enforcers so you can scream I AM THE LAW!!!

I will have a glass of Human with not quite so much Rat in it. :wink:

I missed out on playing the original game, and did not enjoy the craziness around SW:A. I failed to get an original box when it arrived (like so many others) and had too many problems with finding players. Too many complained about its NOT being Necromunda and others tried to play it AS old Necromunda. So, I never got a feel for its play, one way or another. 

I look forward to the new release and its hive gangs. Although I am sure Enforcers will not be included any time soon, I am imagining what a full scale hive riot would look like. Prison break? Mass riot? Hive coup? I would be curious to convert some Astra Militarum as Enforcers and Judges for a 40K size melee scenario. I recently found a few old Citadel Journals (#'s 22, 23 and 29) that covered the Adeptus Arbites with an army list (of sorts).

So, here is to whatever lay ahead. (gulp) Ack! I said not so much Rat!

Shamelessly dropping this here :P http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/338245-confrontation-stds-necromunda-thread/

Cmon peeps lets see some 'Munda threads starting. 

Shamelessly dropping this here :tongue.: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/338245-confrontation-stds-necromunda-thread/

Cmon peeps lets see some 'Munda threads starting. 

I was just looking at your thread. Very nice. 

Starting a 'Munda thread?

1. No experience with original Necromunda

2. Little familiarity with Shadow War: Armageddon

3. No gang models at all

4. No idea of the new rules and weapons allowed

5. ----- (I cannot think of a 5th reason for "why not?")

Okay, I will see what I can come up with even if it won't be useful when NuMunda comes out. :teehee:

Would anyone be interested in House badges? I know we don't truly need more stuff clogging up our signature spaces but, well, if the interest is there then I can whip up some 100 pixel high images using the old 'munda House sigils in a picture editor...

I really need a method of successfully transferring photos to the PC in my flat. The data cable from the camera doesn't work. Ugh.

EDIT:

House badges?! Sign me up!

Edited by Gen.Steiner

I'm going to have a go at making a couple of my Genestealer Neophytes into Van Saar gangers - the mining suits look a bit similar to the bodysuits the VS guys have and I have a couple of beardy space wolf heads kicking about I think... 

Would anyone be interested in House badges? I know we don't truly need more stuff clogging up our signature spaces but, well, if the interest is there then I can whip up some 100 pixel high images using the old 'munda House sigils in a picture editor...

Ooo could you do one of the new Skaquilla? (skull aquilla).