The Drinking Hole - General Necromunda banter thread

hummus

Well to be fair the top set could be from any generic sci fi game so I get what you mean. I think the middle bottom two feel the most 40k to me for some reason, I'm hoping this is something they expand on so we can see a bit more of the lower tiers of the Imperium in a little more detail.

I'm going to be starting a thread for this soon once we have worked out the fine details but wanted to show the map for what we might be running as a painting campaign here in the other games forum. I've done it in the style of the old school second ed/gorkamorka/necromunda for nostalgia reasons. 

http://i64.tinypic.com/f013c5.jpg

It's going to be a slow burn painting campaign where you progress various competing factions and the narrative by painting gang members and showing off your lovely work. :smile.:

This will represent a drained cavern on the outer reaches of the Underhive and the Houses are eager to influence the ruling factions of this territory.

Ooo I'll hold off starting to paint my Eschers then (still stumped on a paint scheme anyway, the Ma-Ma Clan don't really have a colour scheme and Imperator Furiosa/generic Fallout scheme might be a bit bland).

Found out this morning - The Necromunda boxset package we pre-ordered got sent back to GW as my mates home address was incomplete on the order :facepalm: we may get it by the end of the week... so i guess that worked out for the best...in the long run :tongue.:,at the moment i have 10x 25mm necromunda bases base-coated and 3x escher gangers put together but that's about it.. 

Bring on next week :thumbsup: 

Mithril 

They're completely different rulesets with Shadow Wars based on 2nd Ed 40k (and old Necromunda) and Necromunda based on 8th Ed 40k. You could maybe make Shadow Wars compatible with the original or LRB (or Yaktribe's community edition) of Necromunda.

Ah :sad.: so including an inquisitorial kill team in NewMunda would require a drastic modification or using OldMunda

Or writing your own rules. We really need a B&C made version of Inquisimunda based and balanced upon the Newcromunda rules asap ;)

My son and I talked once about one day trying mixed house gangs.... Where members were from whatever houses, you just declared when you hired them and did their initial equipping. That approach could work for an Inquisition warband if they don't make "generic warband" rules.

Ah :sad.: so including an inquisitorial kill team in NewMunda would require a drastic modification or using OldMunda

Or writing your own rules. We really need a B&C made version of Inquisimunda based and balanced upon the Newcromunda rules asap ;)

This seems to be, in a cautious way, going on at Yaktribes - have you checked out there/contributed? Ahaha, are there too many forums on the web? :D

This seems to be, in a cautious way, going on at Yaktribes - have you checked out there/contributed? Ahaha, are there too many forums on the web? :D

Can you give me a link? All I can find is the v3 version which isn't based on the new rules afaik (and is missing stuff like Marines).

Can Gangers Always collect income after a battle? Or is it only when Turf income is collected and special territories are used?

Should the Escher boltgun and Gangs of Legends boltgun be considered to be two diffirent weapons, or is one "more correct" then the other? As some of the stats are diffirent.

If one team chooses to leave the field, should capture prisoner be rolled for? The roll only gets + for those that Went down in the figth, not for those who fled without being shot down or similar?

Please excuse grammer, Spelling mistakes and such.

I'm currently working on the 3D version of the boardgame Zone Mortalis board in my WIP thread - so much to do! Glad I have some time to finish a 3x3 board 'till FW will bring on some more weapon options for Goliaths/Eschers :whistling:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/291212-atias-thread-necromunda-zone-mortalis-board/?p=4958849

med_gallery_79873_10492_96310.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So I know some people liked my report on yakday earlier in the thread and so I am posting this link

https://yaktribe.games/community/threads/tribemeet-uk-2018.6081/

So anybody who felt like joining in something similar could get involved. The event will be using the NCE rule set and is themed around a guild war, follow the link for more info and I hope to see you there :)

• 2 weeks later...