The Drinking Hole - General Necromunda banter thread

hummus

Makes sense, since Feb is what has been said since Christmas. As rules for Chaos Cults are supposed to be released in WD along with GW2, and the WD is released... when? End of first week? We might see GW2 be released about the same time... hopefully.

Got 3 games in today, just the 3 first scenarios from basic boxed game. It was needed, since getting the hang of the basic rules is harder than you would expect, especially since the rules are all over the place.

The Goliaths are powerfull! Apart from a couple of lucky rolls in the last game from my opponent, I barely lost any models. They simply pushed through the firestorm and killed everything in their first round of close combat. The ranged weapons of the Goliath suck though, I even had one guy just charge some Esher when he missed the target 4 times in a row with his Stub cannon. He punched them dead pretty fast when he got in close.

And the Rivet gun on the standard guy is just horrible. The Unwieldy rule is such a handicap I'm practically forced to write my own card just to add the Bulging Muscles.

The box set for the basic 'board game', for the full on Necromunda experience you need Gang War 1. That coveres Escher and Goliath. Gang War 2 for Orlocks and Hired Guns, and maybe expanded weapons charts now FW are doing weapon packs in resin, dont take that as gospel though as I am still catching up on the Weekender news. 

Those bounty hunters are awesome and the squat especially is welcome - but I'm disappointed not to have mad Donna, all Jericho, vandel feg the caller and the redeemer updated. Maybe a bit too comic book?

I thought Mad Donna would show her face considering Escher were one of the first gangs out. I know she isnt technically Escher herself but c'mon GW, I would sell everybodys newborns for a new sculpt, as would a lot of people I guess. 

Hasn't Belladonna Noble Bounty Huntress replaced Mad Donna Ultani? That's what I read into it. Absolutely loving these new figures and pretty happy with a lot of the concept art for guild's and other three house gangs. 

Just started building my first 10 Goliath's. Thinking I'll do them with the boxed game loadout's and hold off on the second 10 until the new weapons sets are released. 

Damn it's even making me consider selling some of my original necromunda miniatures. 

Finally had a good read through gang war 1 and noticed that sawn off shotgun stats are included although I can't find any reference to it in gang lists or trading post? However Stubcannon stats are missing, anyone else notice this?

Edited by Corsovitt

Hey gents

Currently converting up my old Enforcers to run as Van Sarr for a imminent Gang War.

Currently at:

Leader: 110 {210}
Plasma gun 100
Pistol (Las or Auto pistol) 10

Champion 105 {170}
Grenade Launcher 55

Champion 105 {185}
Boltgun 55
Fighting Knife    15

Juve 25 {40}
Club/Maul/Hammer

Ganger 55 {85}
Shotgun 30

Ganger 55 {85}
Shotgun 30

Ganger 55 {70}
Lasgun 15

Ganger 55 {70}
Lasgun 15

I have 85 left, just wondering if I should use the points to outfit the gang a bit better, or take another ganger and give him twin knives (This would be the old cyber mastiff model and twin knives is just to represent the jaws and bit attacks)

Just started building my first 10 Goliath's. Thinking I'll do them with the boxed game loadout's and hold off on the second 10 until the new weapons sets are released. 

I've done the same. The list is pretty balanced, since I made my own list and I had a disturbingly close match with the box's recommendations.

Finally had a good read through gang war 1 and noticed that sawn off shotgun stats are included although I can't find any reference to it in gang lists or trading post? However Stubcannon stats are missing, anyone else notice this?

Probably a mix up from the Gang War 2 book, plenty of weird mistakes in that book. I've noticed double barreled shotguns on the new weapon options, so we can expect the Sawn off in GW2.

Edited by GreyRavenC

Hey gents

Currently converting up my old Enforcers to run as Van Sarr for a imminent Gang War.

Currently at:

Leader: 110 {210}

Plasma gun 100

Champion 105 {170}

Grenade Launcher 55

Champion 105 {185}

Boltgun 55

Fighting Knife 15

Juve 25 {40}

Club/Maul/Hammer

Ganger 55 {85}

Shotgun 30

Ganger 55 {85}

Shotgun 30

Ganger 55 {70}

Lasgun 15

Ganger 55 {70}

Lasgun 15

I have 85 left, just wondering if I should use the points to outfit the gang a bit better, or take another ganger and give him twin knives (This would be the old cyber mastiff model and twin knives is just to represent the jaws and bit attacks)

Enforcers will be coming in plastic according to the weekender.

Enforcers will be coming in plastic according to the weekender.

Yeah.... but who knows how long that will be.

I'll do enforcers again probably when they come out. I have all the old models at home for Escher and Redeptionists as well, but we have plenty of players who'll be repping those gangs so I thought I'd convert these up and play some Van Saar for now.

• 1 month later...

So, I'm biting the bullet early, and starting work on a gang now before the game comes out. So far, I'm waiting on an eBay auction to end on a Confrontation model to use as a proof of concept. Will post pics if or when I win the auction.

Edit: Considering going either full on 80's campiness, or Blanchitsu style.

Blanchitsu style 80s campness??
I was thinking Dayglo style for maximum campiness.

For reference, this is the model I was able to get. (For a sweet, sweet $25)

http://www.collecting-citadel-miniatures.com/wiki/images/1/1c/LE1_Hive_Bratt_Ganger.jpg

I love that mini!! Go paint it right now!!

Sorry for the Threadnomancy, but pics will be coming soon. Finally got the mojo to paint him. As well as the gang he tags along with......