The Drinking Hole - General Necromunda banter thread

hummus

• 3 weeks later...

Could be very cool! I was thinking of getting one of those Genestealer cult trucks and Eschering it up. But my gang could use a big killy bug robot :)

I'm looking forward to my Escher sending a giant robot to fight my son's Goliaths for them

Now we have Robots runnin about all I can think of is those ones in 2000AD, A B C Warriors? Cant remember the name exactly.

I would love a gang of clunky ass robots.

I kinda like the Stallone version more, the Karl Urban version took itself too seriously I think.

Currently building some minis for a Slaaneshi Cult, a couple of beautys based on the Wire Twins from Hellraiser Inferno and a Butcher/Surgeon if I have all the bits.

@SlaveTD have you ever seen me and tank girl at the same place at the same time? :D Thanks love, its good to be back! Looking forward to your Slaaneshi cult!

Im torn between the two Dread movies, as I love them both for different reasons. But Karl Urban has such a dreamy chin :)

@InquisiFox Big killer robots would make up nicely for the superior Goliath stat line i think :)

But Stallone is teh Law!!!

Then again the new one has Judge Anderson :wub: :wub: :wub: Mama's Slomo death was pretty brutal as well.

Just got the Genestealer Cult rules, now I have an excuse to build those Hybrids I got ages ago.

Last night I built a Cultist for my Slaanesh gang

using some old legs from the Mordheim plastic humans, a torso from a Zombie and a Cultists head. Now I have a topless guy in a gimp mask and skinny jeans. :lol: Might as well paint his boots like a pair of Converse and give him a HIM/Heartagram tattoo as well.

I cant really say how the rules are, not had a chance to playtest them. But they look ok, I wont know for sure until my Cenobite gang is painted, Im not letting them see the table until they are all finished.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It’s going to be using the NCE rules but figured a few people in this thread might like to join in a ashwaste/gorka morka/ mad max themed necromunda campaign

https://yaktribe.games/community/threads/tribemeet-south-2018-yakday.7136/

Hope to see some of you there

Gonna check that out later, that sounds interesting.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

so, I've become interested in Necromunda recently, but sadly almost every video about how to play the game and picking your gang are old and predate several of the currently avalible gangs, not to mention those hired guns/mercenaries/hive skum and upgrades from Forge World, and the subsequent updates that are included in the new rerelease of the rulebook...

So anybody here got recommendations for all this? I'm leaning towards Orlock or Van Saar, based both on looks(because in the end I'm going to have to care enough to build and paint these guys/gals) and the premise of their gameplay style(Orlocks are well rounded jack-of-all-trades types, and Van Saar are cheating bastards who get high end gear from the start).

• 4 months later...