The Drinking Hole - General Necromunda banter thread

hummus

Only issue with vehicles is that they'd need to be something you can either focus a campaign around, or a sub-setting (Ash wastes, anyone?). Otherwise, even if you have things like the old 2nd Edition vehicle hit charts, they'll have issues of balance given anti-vehicle weapons aren't exactly a common thing in Necromunda, so that Cawdor gang with only autoguns, blunderbusses, and flamers aren't really going to have a chance against that Goliath running them over.

Sounds like an interesting concept, definitely would like to hear more. New to the game myself so I can't comment on anything game play related. But I love converting things for post-apocalyptic type stuff.

Yeah, same here. That's why I was asking, seeing if anyone did it :lol:

Only issue with vehicles is that they'd need to be something you can either focus a campaign around, or a sub-setting (Ash wastes, anyone?). Otherwise, even if you have things like the old 2nd Edition vehicle hit charts, they'll have issues of balance given anti-vehicle weapons aren't exactly a common thing in Necromunda, so that Cawdor gang with only autoguns, blunderbusses, and flamers aren't really going to have a chance against that Goliath running them over.

True. I was thinking most weapons would be useful against anything but an "armoured" vehicle (Taurox or Goliath-based). For those, you'd need weapons like a Heavy Bolter, Heavy Stubber, Lascannon, Meltagun, Plasma weapons, etc.

Also regarding the Cawdor thing: Flamethrowers versus vehicles, the person holding the flamer wins unless they get run over/shot. :lol:

You might want to see if you can find the old gorkamorka rules squirreled away somewhere on the internet - they are 2nd ed. based, but they combine vehicles and small unit combat.  They could well give you some base points to work your own system off of.

My buddy has/used to have them, but his were in French... in orky French.  I have 9+ years of schooling in French, but find GW's ork trying in my native English - in French it was impenetrable.

That said, I agree with Gederas that they are best suited to a customized campaign or setting - I would think that most places in the underhive are too constrained / too uneven / have too many stairs and ladders even for bikes to be feasible means of transportation.  That isn't to say that there aren't some routes that are flat and even enough for vehicle traffic, but anywhere off those routes would essentially be impassible for vehicles - meaning that it might not even be possible to get vehicles to the places of the underhive where the conditions give them some utility.

On the other hand, vehicles do seem like a perfect fit and integral part of any Ash Wastes campaign, which to me seems like the perfect place to let your inner Mad Max enthusiast go hog wild. 

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui

My buddy has/used to have them, but his were in French... in orky French.  I have 9+ years of schooling in French, but find GW's ork trying in my native English - in French it was impenetrable.

Qubecois or Parisian French? Or is Ork French completely different?

Fair point about the Gorkamorka stuff. I think Miniwargaming has their version on their website.

The reason why I brought up vehicles:

I had an idea of using the Taurox as the basis for an Enforcer APC. And since I'm going to be running a campaign with only 4 people (counting myself as the Arbitrator), I was planning on using the Enforcers as my "DM Boss Battle scenario", and had an idea of the Enforcers smashing through a gang's hideout wall using an APC.

Qubecois or Parisian French? Or is Ork French completely different?

I'm not sure how familiar you are to the GW ork "dialect" - its basically English with lots of word substitutions (so, a weakling is a "weedy git", a bionic jaw is an "iron gob", etc.) and abbreviating ('ard instead of hard, 'urty instead of hurty, etc.).  My recollection is that GW was trying to make orks sound like soccer hooligans, so it draws on forms of English used by the English lower class.

As for orky French, I assume it is Parisian French that is similarly modified... now, if I had been fully fluent, I might have been able to figure out what was being said, but I'm not.  Additionally, my recollection is that unlike modern ork rulebooks where the name is orky but the explanatory & rules text is normal English, in Gorkamorka (and the 2nd ed. ork codex) all of it was orky - meaning I could use the rules to figure out what the name meant.

Fair point about the Gorkamorka stuff. I think Miniwargaming has their version on their website.

I had an idea of using the Taurox as the basis for an Enforcer APC. And since I'm going to be running a campaign with only 4 people (counting myself as the Arbitrator), I was planning on using the Enforcers as my "DM Boss Battle scenario", and had an idea of the Enforcers smashing through a gang's hideout wall using an APC.

Well, if you plan on having it ram through a wall and then back out (hard for the Enforcers to advance through the hole in the wall made by the APC if the APC is still in it), you might not need a full set of rules if any at all.  Sounds like after its dramatic entrance, its going to be largely static, which means you don't have to worry about its movement rules.

Now, is it something you want your players to engage, or is it more a hazard (for example, you could represent it as a heavy stubber that can fire at an ark limited by the edges of the hole.

How do the rules represent the Ambot?  Is it in line with, say, a 40K dreadnought?  If so, you could likely use the 40K stat block largely as is.

Well, if you plan on having it ram through a wall and then back out (hard for the Enforcers to advance through the hole in the wall made by the APC if the APC is still in it), you might not need a full set of rules if any at all.  Sounds like after its dramatic entrance, its going to be largely static, which means you don't have to worry about its movement rules.

Now, is it something you want your players to engage, or is it more a hazard (for example, you could represent it as a heavy stubber that can fire at an ark limited by the edges of the hole.

How do the rules represent the Ambot?  Is it in line with, say, a 40K dreadnought?  If so, you could likely use the 40K stat block largely as is.

Well, the Taurox has exit doors just behind the driver/gunner's cabin ;)

And it depends. I could have the Taurox be the "boss battle" itself and basically be an enemy spawner :lol: So the gang needs to destroy the Taurox (unlikely unless there's melta/plasma in play), disable it (easier: Couple flamers would cook the driver/gunner, because do you know what a flamethrower does to people when they're inside a metal box?), or something.

And I'm not sure. I've yet to get the books (hopefully getting them soon!). But there does seem to be stats in Necromunda that don't exist in 40k.... So... Maybe.

The idea was the Taurox-based Enforcer APC would be a bit different (Meltaguns on the front to give it an easier time of breaking through said wall).

The Gorkamorka vehicle rules were tweaked in the old citadel journal for Necromunda ash wastes rules, I think I have the PDF somewhere, if not I have  Gorkamorka somewhere on my hard drive, ping me a PM if you want them. The Vehicle rules were pretty good actually, you could still flatpack a trukk with low strength weapons if you were lucky. Or if people think a Taurox/APC type vehicle is too armoured up just shoot the wheels, cant move if you dont have wheels. 

It gave plenty of ways to modify existing campaign systems, though. No need to reinvent the wheel just because it's now Cult vs Imperials instead of Law vs Order. I'd just wished they'd give a few things for the Imperial side in it, maybe some sort of Cawdor bone-charms for warding off evil spirits, that sort of thing.

Disapointed with the book of ruin, no campaign system and lots of republished material

I'm loving it, can now run games based on the Thing, Alien, Hellraiser... All I need now are the Ash Wastes rules so I can Mad Max out and I can kiss 8th ed and Primaris crap goodbye and play in a better setting. 

Hell with the special character whos a supposed Vampire with an old Bolter means I can now run my Warband based on the Inq trilogy characters, Jaq Draco, Grimm, Mehlindi, the Astropath and Navigator who's names escape me and Lexandro the half naked Fists commander. 

I am gutted you don't find anything good in it though, that's how I feel about 8th ed.

Edited by Slave to Darkness

I'm loving it, can now run games based on the Thing, Alien, Hellraiser... All I need now are the Ash Wastes rules so I can Mad Max out and I can kiss 8th ed and Primaris crap goodbye and play in a better setting. 

I'm gathering bits for Cenobites and The Thing, Freddy, Jason, Michael, Leatherface, Chucky and any other slasher movie "monster" I can think of to build a Chaos Cult.

I'm gathering bits for Cenobites and The Thing, Freddy, Jason, Michael, Leatherface, Chucky and any other slasher movie "monster" I can think of to build a Chaos Cult.

So what do you have for your Cenobites? Lets talk ideas... This is a serious project to be undertaking so you gotta be prepared... 

Eventually I wanna build a gang for the missus based on House of 1000 Corpses, Otis, Baby, Capt Spaulding (R.I.P. Sid Haig, I love ya man, Ill see you in hell soon) and Dr Satan and the other ones I can't remember the names of. 

I did a spawn a few years ago based on the Julia thing from the Prequel, and started some Cenobites that kinda got forgotten... I really should dig them out and finish them. 

Oooh idea, get a Goblin or some small tiny ass mini for Chucky. (Btw the remake is crap, but its so crap its kinda funny for all the wrong reasons, worth a watch at least once though). 

As I have already converted the Toxic Avenger and Ash Williams (Evil Dead) Bounty Hunters I might go all in on a Venator gang and do Sgt Kabuki Man, R.J. MacReady (Thing) and a few other low budget/cult classic/forgotten Horror film and 80s TV anti heroes, maybe even a Worzel Gummidge mini as well. When we get vehicle rules I might even do the Wacky Racers... Grimdark Dickdastardly and Mutley need to exist. 

Disapointed with the book of ruin, no campaign system and lots of republished material

Hell with the special character whos a supposed Vampire with an old Bolter means I can now run my Warband based on the Inq trilogy characters, Jaq Draco, Grimm, Mehlindi, the Astropath and Navigator who's names escape me and Lexandro the half naked Fists commander. 

I am gutted you don't find anything good in it though, that's how I feel about 8th ed.

That guy screams Blood Angel to me :D like Proteus and Cloten on their adventures hehe!

I really want to play in an alien campaign - the Thing in Necromunda!

That guy screams Blood Angel to me :biggrin.: like Proteus and Cloten on their adventures hehe!

I really want to play in an alien campaign - the Thing in Necromunda!

Oh yea I got the Angel vibe from it, but atm its as close as I am gonna get to running the Inquisitor Draco warband. 

Ill deffo do a batrep when I get around to the Thing game. 

So what do you have for your Cenobites? Lets talk ideas... This is a serious project to be undertaking so you gotta be prepared... 

Oooh idea, get a Goblin or some small tiny ass mini for Chucky. (Btw the remake is crap, but its so crap its kinda funny for all the wrong reasons, worth a watch at least once though). 

For Cenobites I'm starting with Delaque as the base models.

I've got a Gnoblar to convert into Chucky.

I have been looking at Delaque as a basis but I think the Dark Eldar Wracks have come out on top, maybe I should get both and see what magic happens. 

It might be worth you looking at Clive Barkers 'Tortured Souls' line of action figures for ideas as well. 

I have been looking at Delaque as a basis but I think the Dark Eldar Wracks have come out on top, maybe I should get both and see what magic happens. 

It might be worth you looking at Clive Barkers 'Tortured Souls' line of action figures for ideas as well. 

a combination of Delaque and the Drukhari Wracks would be perfect.

a combination of Delaque and the Drukhari Wracks would be perfect.

and expensive lol 

A friend who plays Imperial Fists asked if he could use his current models in Necromunda. I told him yes he could using Venator gang rules.

Mesh Armour? + Light Carapace Armour would give a 3+ save.

Bolt pistols seem to be common enough in the hives along with Chainswords.

Won’t be able to get Space Marine stat line but should be able to find one that’ll work.

I’d limit it to 3 Marines (Hunt leader and 2 Champions) and the rest as scouts. I think fluff wise a Chaplain, Apothecary and a Veteran Sargent would be appropriate for the Imperial Fists on a recruitment search.

For skills I’m not sure.

Chaos Marines were in Outlanders, the old Munda sourcebook, the skills would be the same as that.

If I had access to that book that would be great.

From Outlanders:

Weapons: Chaos Space Marines usually carry boltguns, bolt pistols and frag grenades. Their weapons are well looked after and as such automatically pass Ammo rolls.

Armour: Chaos Space Marines wear power armour which confers a 3+ saving throw. Power armour is neurally linked to its wearer so it does not penalize his Initiative like carapace armour.

Skills: Rapid Fire - Bolt Weapons, True Grit

Chaos Space Marines are Never Pinned.

Adapt as necessary.

There is mention of busy roadways in the hives, like at Dust Falls. https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/03/12/apocrypha-necromundus-dust-fallsfw-homepage-post-1/

So they would be cannon for Necromunda, but for civilian use I don't think a Taurox or Goliath would be fitting except as cargo transport, motorcycles for sure would be common for civilian use and SxS 2 to 4 seater buggies also.

Edited by Cadius

Apparently I'm in for Necromunda. I liked it back in the day but it was hard to find people committed to a campaign. Also over time Van Saars would win as they made more money and found better kit. The other problem was life was short in the Underhive. You converted up your all metal gang to be armed correctly then they were dead. Gorkamorka was actually more fun because Ork were tougher and if they got an arm cut off they might get a new better arm or they would just get a club or a blade. You could also convert up plastic orcs easily enough and paint them in time for next week's game.

I'm going Escher again. I have almost all the original ones, plus some new ones so I will just keep converting and painting until like Bloodbowl I have most any model I can randomly acquire.