Flagellants (and similar) attacks

radionausea

How do you calculate how many attacks a unit of flagellants has?

Do you roll a d3 and say that's for all the attacks made by all models? (Quick but you could roll atrociously)

Or do you roll a d3 for each and every attack? (Slower, but more likely to get more attacks)

And more importantly, what the actual rules legal way of doing it?

Edited by radionausea

Per model and per attack as the rule is for each time the model.makes an attack, roll d3. Each model has 2 attacks so 2d3 for each model.

Yes, it is slightly slower, but it feels good to roll that many dice and then roll potentially 3x that dice again...mmm thats enough attacks to make a khorne zerker proud.

As a note, there are some ork units that operate on a per unit basis - I expect this is to make them more "swingy" and therefore more random & "orky" feeling.

It is important to note, however, that when a random attribute (such as attacks) operate on a "per unit" rather than a per model basis, the rules say so explicitly.

Inquisitor Psychologis Ruminahui

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui

Good stuff. Certainly makes arco-flaggelants jump up in my estimation, and they were already quite high.

I think I'd get an app up with xd3 dice on though for speed of play as I honestly can't be bothered with counting and halving that many dice rolls!

And more importantly, what the actual rules legal way of doing it?

We had this very question recently raised in the OR forum. With the specific exception of random movement ratings it's all per model unless stated otherwise.

Could I ask, without offending you, if you recall what it was that lead you to think otherwise? Was there a blog post or a battle report somewhere?

Could you imagine how time consuming it would be to have to roll for and move individually every model in a unit with which you elected to advance?