Oh the things we find in Boxes...

Pbenner

Oh man,  

So I was digging through some boxes of stuff from storage the other day and I came across a Fortress of Redemption that I forgot that I had.  Now, to be honest, I got this back in 5th edition when I played a weekend tournament and it was the only thing in the store that I could use and didn't see myself coming back soon.  It was also brand new, but out of shrink as someone locally bought it, only to decide that they didn't need a giant terrain piece and traded it back in, so it was pretty cheap.  

All that said, I've spent the last week or so assembling and preparing this toy for a permanent home.  

I'll post pictures when I figure out a hosting thing, and I've taken a couple, but the main things are;

1) I did decide to put it on a base, so I bought a sheet of hard board.  It's not quite flat so I still need to figure that out to make it sit correctly.  Not sure on this.  

2) it's primed black at the moment, but I've done all the prep work to do whatever I want.  I am going to go for paint scheme next and am nearly set on basing the black primer over with a dark grey and starting up from there.  

Anyway - here's to the single largest thing I've ever painted and hoping I can get past the anxiety to make it look good.  

Best,

Paul

I did my 3rd serious round of paint last night and I think other than the upper most section I might be done with the Grey. I will be going over it with a fine tooth comb tonight, but I think I'm okay.

Phew.

Now it's next steps time, probably time to work out all the metal reinforcements on the exterior.

Okay, so it won't let me host these as images yet, but I'll work on that, for now, links to my google drive.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B9vpsiky1r0qUkttVXlJUk9sTTg?usp=sharing

Everything up to date including the first run at the metal color in places.  That is current project.

Paul

Are you painting that thing by hand? That's crazy! It took me like forever to paint that thing with an airbrush!

Okay, so it won't let me host these as images yet, but I'll work on that, for now, links to my google drive.

The B&C-gallery is pretty good (and safe from the whims of external providers). You just need to scale down your original pics a bit

Are you painting that thing by hand? That's crazy! It took me like forever to paint that thing with an airbrush!

The B&C-gallery is pretty good (and safe from the whims of external providers). You just need to scale down your original pics a bit

Yes,  I am painting this by hand.  I do not own an air brush as I have not afforded one yet, but It's probably my next major purchase.  Outside of nickle and dime stuff, I haven't spent cash on this game in 2+ years.  Have been working through my back log.  

My father already owns a compressor that I can use, as he uses an air brush to apply his Clown Makeup for his work as a Shriner, so I just need the gun.  I'm just a broke bitch.  I will be buying one before I start going whole hog on my Crimson Fists.  

I'm also not very good with pictures and what not, so am kind of lazy about it.  I'll work on it, but while B&C is good for hosting 2/3 armies I play, I can't leave my bugs out of the loop.  

I haven't gotten any more painting done recently, but I'm going to do some today for sure.

Best,

Paul

I'm also not very good with pictures and what not, so am kind of lazy about it.  I'll work on it, but while B&C is good for hosting 2/3 armies I play, I can't leave my bugs out of the loop.  

The rules have changed mate, your bugs are allowed on the forums now! Here's their lair

And the pictures are easy as well. Open picture with paint, scale down to 20% and save. It's faster than photobucket used to be

It is permanent attached to the baserver at the momen. I have considered cutting into the bottom and making a trap door, but I like the permanent attachment as it will allow me to play around with more things like dirt and debris caught in corners and what not.

Since it will he a long work in progress I will have time to do more to it as we go along. For now this is back burnered as I am working a project for the local FLGS owner. (GK Project)