Cadia Stands! Knighty's Cadian 8th

Hello everyone. Now that I've gotten my head around how to upload pics that don't take up the entirety of the screen I'm finally ready to start a WiP log!

So here's the beginnings of my Imperial Guard army, loosely themed around the Fall of Cadia. The grand plan to have a combined force of Guard, Adeptus Mechanicus and Space Marines, but the Cadian 8th is the true heart of it.

gallery_100560_13625_44899.jpg

gallery_100560_13625_61682.jpg

gallery_100560_13625_11030.jpg

gallery_100560_13625_70155.jpg

gallery_100560_13625_72435.jpg

gallery_100560_13625_36147.jpg

Comments & criticism heartily welcomed.

Though I've been hobbying on and off for a while its only now that I'm really trying to make an effort when it comes to painting. In the past it would be base-wash-done but I want to get past that. So here's my first, humble attempts at highlighting.

Next up will be a couple of heavy weapons squads, though at the moment I'm taking a brief break from the guard to work on some Blood Raven Primaris.

Thanks for looking!

Knighty

Thank you very much for the comments.

I must admit I've yet to play a game of 40k Bjorn, I've always been more of a collector than a gamer. I am tempted to jump in with the new edition however. I suppose I'd use him as a generic HQ to begin with, then switch to Creed's rules once the army has grown.

On that note - I wonder what will happen to him in the new codex. My guess would be that he and Kell would disappear, to be used only with the index?

"cadia stands", actually cadia looks to be mostly kneeling ^^

Okay, no more terrible jokes, very nice work man, love it :)

As for criticisms, cant really fault you on them, the only thing i would say is a personal thing of liking of object source lighting for things like flamers and plasma guns, but thats hard to do well and once you feel up to a challenge is the next step i would say, everything else in highlighting looks 100% good to me.

Haha I'll give you that one Mitch - though whilst it may be true it didn't sound quite as good for a topic title.

I've tried to give each squad a certain flavour, so I stole loads of the kneeling legs from command and heavy weapon kits to make these two form a gunline pose. The next two squads have flamers and lots of the running/marching legs, as though they're advancing forward to dispense holy fire on the enemies of the Imperium. 

I take your point on the OSL too, at the moment its not something I'd feel up to but perhaps one day I'll give it a try. 

Thanks for the compliments though, and you too Luke. 

Just had a bit of a spending spree and ordered some of the Wall of Martyr kits. We shall hold the line!