Elduderino's World Eaters - Juggers paint in progress

ElDuderino

Wow, thank you so much everyone, i'm glad that you like it! And the icon in particular, those teeth were a pain to get right. It's based on the terminator sorcerer's staff ornament if anyone was wondering:)

I was haha. It makes me think of the FW Dread that has a similar icon on the shoulder too. 

Wow, thank you so much everyone, i'm glad that you like it! And the icon in particular, those teeth were a pain to get right. It's based on the terminator sorcerer's staff ornament if anyone was wondering:)

I was haha. It makes me think of the FW Dread that has a similar icon on the shoulder too.

Hehe yeah that was the inspiration:) and while speaking of shoulder icons, the one on his right has an built in servo skull, just cut the star away and viola

Hehe yeah that was the inspiration:) and while speaking of shoulder icons, the one on his right has an built in servo skull, just cut the star away and viola

I may give it a try. Seeing your Contemptor makes me want to buy a new one to try my hand at converting it up properly for chaos.

The only plastic one I have was only cut up so I could repose the boring stance it had (and mine barely looks different).

Go for it! You can get pretty far just by cutting up one of the legs and the waist, unfortunately there's a bit if work requires, mostly due to the stupid design of the knees. The feet could probably be cut off too, for even more possibility. But honestly, in that case it might be better to just buy one of the FW models, the plastic one is almost as expensive if you get the kit separate.

Go for it! You can get pretty far just by cutting up one of the legs and the waist, unfortunately there's a bit if work requires, mostly due to the stupid design of the knees. The feet could probably be cut off too, for even more possibility. But honestly, in that case it might be better to just buy one of the FW models, the plastic one is almost as expensive if you get the kit separate.

No joke, the cost for the plastic one alone is ridiculous. I'd rather buy another HH box as it would be worth the money. However, they are usually $25+ on ebay new so I may go that route.

I bought the talon of the emperor set myself, dread + rhino + land raider + silent sisters + custodes for a decent price. Im thinking of making some sisters of battle, no idea what to do with the custodes though:)

Well, either start a loyalist army of them OR, even better, I think they would look good on trophy racks or larger, daemonic engines.:wink:

Im going to send you some dreads and i need about 5 of these ASAP. Haha amazing work!

yeah i mean you could do that, but they'd just end up in my big box of stuff still on sprues haha

I bought the talon of the emperor set myself, dread + rhino + land raider + silent sisters + custodes for a decent price. Im thinking of making some sisters of battle, no idea what to do with the custodes though:)

Well, either start a loyalist army of them OR, even better, I think they would look good on trophy racks or larger, daemonic engines.:wink:

Ah, we'll see. maybe i'll just trade them away. In my personal head-canon, the custodes are still on Terra, guarding some corpse or other:)

Your contemptor turned out very nicely, especially like the face and the section around it, the greenstuff on the gattlingcannon and the wire at its waist is a very nice touch.

But i agree with The Traitor, to turn the fist into a claw, even if its just the finger tips that will have sharp tips.

Looking forward to see it painted:yes: , and i know i will keep an eye out for that knight you're working on:biggrin.:

• 7 months later...

Hi folks!

I've been busy with work and other hobby activites lately, i'm building a synthesizer and that's been taking up most of my time and money. as luck would have it, my motivation for soldering has dried up, so... 40k it is!

gallery_73760_13626_14931.jpg

Work on the knight is progressing quite nicely. My main concern at the moment is to keep myself from filling every surface with chaos icons and trim, less is more and so forth.

gallery_73760_13626_21971.jpg

On that note, i've kept the melta weapon mostly clean, apart from this guy. Storywise, it's the helm of a Blood Angel officier who got a bit carried away on the battlefield and killed an impressive number of berserkers before biting the dust. Since Khorne doesn't care from where the blood flows, he now serves as inspiration for the WE's, and his presence is sure to annoy some dirty imperials. Win-win!

gallery_73760_13626_10274.jpg

gallery_73760_13626_17558.jpg

A random berserker and another in the making. I really like the AoS khornate helms, apart from the uncovered mouths. A quick splice with a CSM helm fixes that problem.

gallery_73760_13626_47840.jpg

Last but not least, the last juggernaught rider has recieved an arm, a joyous occassion if there ever was one. All that's missing are backpacks and this squad is finished.

Thanks for looking, hopefully it won't be months until the next update:)

Great to see an update! I may have t try something like you did with the AoS helms. I had been thinking of cutting off the bunny ears and putting them on mk3 and mk4 helms but if I could add a vox grille to the front of those AoS heads it'd be great.

The chaos icon hanging from the gun is a cool idea! Really liking that berserker as well, the head looks great. Looking forward to seeing the juggernaught rider finished! 

Thanks for replying, maybe i'll throw i a group pic of the juggers next time:)

The knight looks promising, really like the look of the greave you've made! And the berserkers looks nice, the AoS helmets do look way cooler!

Thank you! I'm happy with the greave too, it was a bit of a pain to make though, i think ill try to replicate in on one shoulder and leave it at that. Maybe some sort of quartered color scheme too to make it make sense, why should the loyalist get all the cool heraldry?=)

Great to see an update! I may have t try something like you did with the AoS helms. I had been thinking of cutting off the bunny ears and putting them on mk3 and mk4 helms but if I could add a vox grille to the front of those AoS heads it'd be great.

Give it a go! It's imple really, you just need some green stuff to tidy it up. One thing though, the heads get quite flat using this method, they look a bit flat when wieved from the side. I'l try cutting off the nose part and adding the while vox grille part later, maybe it'll look more in line with the marine helms. And if it fails, i'll just cut the while face off and put the front half of a CSM helm there instead. 

Yeah, I might give it a go this weekend. I got some painting to do and I want to crank out 5 more berzerkers. I have those AoS bloodwarriors helms and I've used three but I feel like they are lacking.

I'm keen to see your second take on the helm. I think you are onto something with removing the nose section for a whole vox grille.

Hey I really like the models your producing for your World Eaters, nice use of greenstuff too, I love those little details that people would not know any difference about like the addition to the trim on the armour and the arrows. Have you thought about getting a "tentacle maker" to make tubes when you want them? the tentacles look more like segmented worms or ridged tubes than tentacles, might be worth checking out. I really like the chained effigy hanging off the gun, thats quite a cool edition. its going to be awesome to see some of these guys painted up so all the parts are unified. 

The Knights off to a great start, nice work with the icon. I’d maybe rough up the BA helmet a bit more though.

What else do you have planned for it?

The berserkers looking good as well, I’ve tried adding a full box grille to the front of one of those helmets a while back and it was a pain to get looking right. I’d suggest maybe making a gs mould of a vox and using that.

Yeah, I might give it a go this weekend. I got some painting to do and I want to crank out 5 more berzerkers. I have those AoS bloodwarriors helms and I've used three but I feel like they are lacking.

I'm keen to see your second take on the helm. I think you are onto something with removing the nose section for a whole vox grille.

You know, i was gonna cook something up yesterday but it turns out i'm all out of suitable helms. But I've ordered a box of blood warriors so i'll get to work asap:)

Hey I really like the models your producing for your World Eaters, nice use of greenstuff too, I love those little details that people would not know any difference about like the addition to the trim on the armour and the arrows. Have you thought about getting a "tentacle maker" to make tubes when you want them? the tentacles look more like segmented worms or ridged tubes than tentacles, might be worth checking out. I really like the chained effigy hanging off the gun, thats quite a cool edition. its going to be awesome to see some of these guys painted up so all the parts are unified. 

Hey, thanks for the support:) Yeah I've thought about getting a tentacle maker, seems like a really useful tool, just haven't got around to it yet. One of these days i'll run out of old guitar strings though hehe. Paint is coming, placed an order last night and stayed up all night to watch duncan hehe

The Knights off to a great start, nice work with the icon. I’d maybe rough up the BA helmet a bit more though.

What else do you have planned for it?

The berserkers looking good as well, I’ve tried adding a full box grille to the front of one of those helmets a while back and it was a pain to get looking right. I’d suggest maybe making a gs mould of a vox and using that.

Thanks Bio! Yeah i'll mess that helmet up some, it doesn't show in the pic, but the spike comes out of one of the eye lenses, so that needs to go at the very least. And thanks for the advice, although i think it'll be hard to capture the grille detail with gs. I'll give it a go anyways of course:) Do You happen to have a picture of the end result btw

Yeah Guitar strings are good, I actually used a mix of tentacle maker pipes and guitar strings on my helbrute and on one of my possessed, but I would say that its definitely worth getting the Tentacle maker, because of the freedom to change the thickness and more importently how much more easy they are to bend and pose. On of the coolest things I found to do with a guitar string was making the pipe, then green stuffing over it (because it was a huge base string and I thought it looked too boring and featureless) then cutting parts of the green stuff away after it cured, like a fleshy skin over it.

I'm really liking a lot of your green stuff techniques though, I will have to remember them for future reference.  :biggrin.:

Yeah I think so too, unfortunately I got a mail today saying that my order is delayed, apparently Sweden considers spray paint hazardous goods. Crap. And there's a perfectly rainy midsummers weekend coming up too... guess I'll have to entertain myself with dark souls instead:)