Elduderino's World Eaters - Juggers paint in progress

ElDuderino

So, my old topic seems to have been archived, not surprising since i haven't updated it in years.

Anyways, due to me getting a real job and my gf living in another city for a while, I've suddenly found myself with spare time and money. Strange new feeling:) I can't think of a better way to kill time and personal finances than getting into 40K again, so here we go! Expect World Eaters, khornate demon engines and maybe some converted Sisters of Battle (real, unfallen ones, believe it or not).

gallery_73760_13626_680018.png
I've started cutting up the plastic contemptor, mostly trying to get rid of the awkward pose. Hathis' thread was a big inspiration for this one. It's mostly reposed for now, and with some AoS bits added. I'm thinking of cutting up a Bloodthirster chestplate to further chaosify it, but i'm a bit reluctant to potentially ruin these pieces. Any ideas for the head are appreciated, I'm thinking of going with one of the MKIII-looking heads from the skull crusher kit.

gallery_73760_13626_77273.jpg
Some work on the trim and trying to clean up the cuts. The knee looks a bit wonky like this, with the armor plate sticking up. Do you guys think i should continue bulking it up or try to rotate it backward a bit more? This would be so much easier if the plastic contemptor wasn't such a horrible model hehe.

gallery_73760_13626_75809.jpg
I got the Frenzied Wartribe box mostly for the amazing bits on the wrathmongers but the legs look great IMO and the idea is to use them on terminators. Here are two early WIPs, I'm smoothing the armor plates on the back of the legs a bit, the exoskeleton-like supports will be added. Unfortunately I don't have any terminator bits available at the moment so i'm taking a bit of a lead of faith with these, but i'm thinking (read hoping) they should be good size-wise. It'll be bit of work to get these done, but terminators are among my favorite units so it'll be worthwhile.

gallery_73760_13626_99435.jpg
And there's this guy, currently competing with the dreadnought about who should get the bloodthirster's chest armor. It was a bit of a hassle to get the horns to fit behind the cables but i like the result! I haven't decided on a face-plate yet, it won't be the skull though since almost every chaos knight goes with that one.

Thanks for looking, c&c is appreciated!

Edited by ElDuderino

Looking great so far. With the contemptor I would angle the knee back a bit more as then it'll look more like it's charging (if you want that effect).

I like the aos stuff, mixes well with the 40k. I hope the new bezerkers (when they come out) look a bit like the khorne aos range

Thanks guys! These new AoS minis brings a slew of possibilities, and with the new plague marines looking quite medieval I feel like they'd fit with a possible new khornate 40k range

Looking great so far. With the contemptor I would angle the knee back a bit more as then it'll look more like it's charging (if you want that effect).

Do you mean the knee or the whole lower part of the leg? Unfortunately the foot gets buried in the base if I rotate the leg any more, could be solved by cutting the whole foot loose bit that seems like more work than it's worth:)

I'll post some updates tonight anyways!

Thanks for the encouraging words! There's a link in my sig to my older work if anyone is interested.

gallery_73760_13626_28449.jpg

Here's how the contemptor's legs are looking now, I followed Sagentus' advice (skulls are coming too, i promise:biggrin.: ) and i must say i like it more like this, thanks! The left knee needs more work obviously, the knee pad needs to be built up more and the seams needs to be smoothened.

I'm adding some spikes to the circle thing on the shoulder armor, it'll have some sort of icon on the outer surface too.

gallery_73760_13626_43976.jpg

Work on the legs is comming along too, much smoothing to be done here. I'm not enjoying this part honestly, it's mostly repeating every step 10 times... On details that won't even be seen from the front... It's getting easier as work goes on though, and i think the results will be worth it!

gallery_73760_13626_83616.jpg

And this is what I'm doing with the front armor. I'm removing the gut-plates and i'll add some belts, then regular terminator torsos on top of that. The gut-plates will be kept for other uses, two are used for the knees on the dread, and I suspect they might even be used as shoulder armor on the termies! I really look forward to see how that'll turn out, if only my bit box wasn't 800 km away:dry.:

Thanks for looking, any input is appreciated!

Edited by ElDuderino

Thanks!

The legs on the contemptor look great and will give it a nice dynamic pose. The work on the legs for the termis is coming along brilliantly too, they will give them awesome aggressive stances. Have you decided on which weapon combos your going for?

You can take the credit for the pose, as well as Hathis, i feel like there's a risk i'll end up with a crappy copy of his brilliant contemptors:biggrin.:

As for weapons, I'll probably use the less demonic melee weapons from the wrathmonger kits, that kit is a gold mine! Don't know about the ranged weapons though, the regular termie guns will probably look clunky as hell combined with the new kits.

gallery_73760_8758_111950.jpg

I'e gotten some work done on the legs but nothing worth showing. but this guy gives a taste of things to come. I'm planning on replacing his legs with a pair of the new ones, depending on how it comes together. Otherwise he'll get a bodyguard of five guys with cooler legs than him, and we can't have that:wink:

gallery_73760_13626_38985.jpg

Here's something i'm pondering, is the arrow too much? less is more and all? it's easy to get carried away, so i need some input. Also, if anyone has any ideas as to what to use as the head i'm all ears, i've got no idea atm.

gallery_73760_13626_28127.jpg

And a lowly berzerker. I really don't like how the mouths are left uncovered by these helmet, so I'm doing some rebreathers to cover it up. As for now it's only a tube, but i'm quite proud of it anyways, those things are hard as hell to sculpt! i'll go over it again to smooth it up. I haven't decided what to do about the boots yet, maybe greaves from the raptors kit?

The shoulders will have to go too, it just doesn't look enough marine-like with these.

Anyways, thanks for looking! I'll have something more substantial next time so stay tuned!

Aw, man, I was waiting for that particular chaos lord to make a return! I love that guy! :)

Personally speaking, I wouldn't change the legs: The leg splice you have going on there right now should make him original and impressive enough, even if his bodyguard gets a leg up (hur hur).

The rest of the recent update is looking promising as well!

Thanks Kraut! Yeah i promise i'll get him done now, it was a bit hard to combine hobby with living on 18 m2  and student loans, but that's over now! I might even throw him a a weapon or two to celebrate, as i never felt the lightning-claw really worked pose-wise

That termi lord is something else, I agree with kraft, keep the legs! The only little thing I would do is bulk out the waist a little bit.

I can't take the credit for the dread legs, but they are certainly coming on nicely. I really like the arrow on the trim, a lot of the larger models have them.

Looking forward to seeing how the bezerker comes on. I agree with the masks, the rebreather is a great addition.

Your worldeaters are off to a great start, and I get the feeling the berzerkers will look brutal. The classic way to convert things for khorne is letting the chainaxes roar and butcher it and see what the bloodspitters and techmagos can stitch together again. :biggrin.:

If I have managed to give you some inspiration to strengthen our brutal legion, it will make both me and Khorne happy :wink:

On the contemptor, don't be afraid to chop it up a bit and hammer things into place, and greenstuff to even it out, so far so good, and as someone else mentioned i too am intrested with weapons you will add to this beast.:smile.:

Well you've certainly convinced me to keep the lord mostly as is, he'll get a new pair of weapons at least!

Sagentus

Thanks for all the input! Yeah the waist will be beefed up, he looks a bit lika wasp now, suitable for a nurglite maybe, not a Khorne beefcake.

Hathis

I'm glad you found this since you were such a great inspiration for the dread! I really like the vibe you've got on your minis, mine will be a bit less crazy I'm afraid, mostly since I don't think i'll be able to pull it off hehe. The dread will have it's standard configuration, claw + assault cannon. Although I have some giant bloodthirster axes lying around...

Now i know I promised some bigger updates, but i'm quite happy that i've accidentally this:

gallery_73760_13626_49195.jpg

Remove spike, paint a planet and BAM, instant World Eaters symbol!

Started working on the assault cannon and i'm quite pleased with the results. I cheated a bit and made a mold of one of the weird shields from the blood warriors, as i couldn't find any parts that fit. I'm glad i was able to keep the sight too!

gallery_73760_13626_15543.jpg

Edit: sorry for the crappy picture, didn't see how bad it was until I saw it on the phone

Edited by ElDuderino

Thanks for the kind words, really encouraging! Especially since I've been gone for so long:)

Unfortunately I'll probably be gone for a few weeks again, I'm moving and haven't got a good place for my hobby stuff set up yet. On the positive side, I'll have my bitz box again and we'll finally see if these terminators look any good haha.

Rad, will be watching for inspiration. Also any idea how the AoS Blood Warriors stack up against the new Primaris Marines height-wise?

Thanks! No idea about the scales, mostly heretics in my collection:) They are a bit larger than normal marines anyways, as tall as a terminator would be my guess (bunny ears not counted)

Lovely greenstuff work. I'm sure you'll nail those re breathers.

Thanks for having faith in my abilites, but to be honest it was a bit too much work to get it to look good. I'll just steal some re-breathers from some marine heads for the rest:whistling: