Elduderino's World Eaters - Juggers paint in progress

ElDuderino

Great job so far, but don't fill the gaps with greenstuff, I beg of you; it's terrible for the job and looks especially bad on large, flat areas. There's any number of purpose built gap fillers out there that are cheap and work so much better than GS. I prefer the Tamiya brand, and Perfect Plastic Putty would be my #1 choice if I didn't wet sand everything (it's water soluble) but there's a lot to choose from. 

World Eaters show up to a party they play the best music.

What music will a World Eater listen to, besides a fighter's screams of rage, his opponents' screams of pain, and a dying person's moans and last breaths? [sarcasm]

?[/sarcasm]

Raining Blood, obviously.

What music will a World Eater listen to, besides a fighter's screams of rage, his opponents' screams of pain, and a dying person's moans and last breaths? [sarcasm]

?[/sarcasm]

I don't know, that big purple guy singing about hugs... Slannesh?

As for what my world eaters listens to, i think they enjoy sound recordings from the Venice Beach League Playoffs 1987 latest  pit-fighting championship aboard their battleship:)

Great job so far, but don't fill the gaps with greenstuff, I beg of you; it's terrible for the job and looks especially bad on large, flat areas. There's any number of purpose built gap fillers out there that are cheap and work so much better than GS. I prefer the Tamiya brand, and Perfect Plastic Putty would be my #1 choice if I didn't wet sand everything (it's water soluble) but there's a lot to choose from. 

?[/sarcasm]

?[/sarcasm]

I don't know, that big purple guy singing about hugs... Slannesh?
Barney's costume covers too much skin to be that of a Slaanesh worshiper. Tzeentch (make enemies underestimate him) or Malice (drive enemies literally insane) are more likely masters of the Purple Dinosaur.

Tzeentch (makes people underestimate him), Malice (drives people insane), Khorne (insane with rage), Slannesh (hugs) and Nurgle (jolly attitude): Undivided greater daemon confirmed

The Chaos Gods sent him to "aid and advise" Abaddon on how to best reach Terra and permanently end the threat of the Anathema.

And by constantly singing the galaxy's most annoying song, motivate the Despoiler to HURRY UP- or kill himself and allow a quicker thinker to replace him as Champion of Chaos Undivided. Seriously, 10,000 or 100 years (depending on how time is measured in the Warp), just to clear a path?

Update time!

Building the front of the land raider was was more fiddly than i had imagined, I think it's turning out pretty decent:) The HB turret even has some limited movement!

gallery_73760_13626_174573.jpg

gallery_73760_13626_107124.jpg

Suggestions for chaos decorations are welcome, there will be skulls and spikes (in moderation) and something needs to go into the 'reliefs' behind the lascannons. Ideas?:)

She is a BEAUTY!! And know now that I will be stealing knornate decorations ideas from you for one of my own LRs.

One thing I wanted to try aside from skulls on spikes is to take a single thin layer of guaze and try to make it look like netting for trophies & skulls. Have it hanging by a side door or on the rear by the exhaust. Some weapons and the skulls of the worthy foes who wielded them kept secure-ish for later boasting. I think in one of the first two predator films the predator had this.

• 2 weeks later...

Great job so far, but don't fill the gaps with greenstuff, I beg of you; it's terrible for the job and looks especially bad on large, flat areas. There's any number of purpose built gap fillers out there that are cheap and work so much better than GS. I prefer the Tamiya brand, and Perfect Plastic Putty would be my #1 choice if I didn't wet sand everything (it's water soluble) but there's a lot to choose from.

Yeah i know, i was a bit impatient again, but i've since then bought a tube of plastic putty. Works great, dries quick and easy to work with. Thanks for the tip!

She is a BEAUTY!! And know now that I will be stealing knornate decorations ideas from you for one of my own LRs.

One thing I wanted to try aside from skulls on spikes is to take a single thin layer of guaze and try to make it look like netting for trophies & skulls. Have it hanging by a side door or on the rear by the exhaust. Some weapons and the skulls of the worthy foes who wielded them kept secure-ish for later boasting. I think in one of the first two predator films the predator had this.

Thanks! Steal away as usual, the gauze idea sounds interesting, well worth some experimentation. Just do a couple of tries before you glue it to something expensive:D

I've been meaning to post some updates but i just haven't gotten around to it, but here's the current progress:

gallery_73760_13626_81278.jpg

gallery_73760_13626_28592.jpg

gallery_73760_13626_20768.jpg

gallery_73760_13626_11133.jpg

All in all I'm really happy with the way this is turning out, way better than expected. Unfortunately the white plasticard don't photograph very well, but you get the idea. Trim and arrows, nothing new. The hull is still not glued BTW, so many gaps will be taken care of.

Todo:

• blend the edges where the roof meets the side parts, now there's just an abrupt 90 degree angle
  • cover the gap between the hull and the armor piece above the heavy bolters
  • Some skulls and such, i want to keep it relatively clean however.
  • Chaos symbols where the aquilas have been shaved off of the tracks. Any ideas are welcome, I'm looking for flat pieces of chaos iconography of suitable sizes

After seeing Krauts excellent new Lorimar conversion i just couldn't resist buying myself a bitrhday present. I'll do my best to finish the LR before starting cutting this guy apart (like that's going to happen)

gallery_73760_13626_158351.jpg

Edited by ElDuderino

• 3 weeks later...

You can't prove that i haven't finished the land raider (it is almost done, i'll post some pics before priming it.) so here we go:biggrin.:

gallery_73760_13626_120665.jpg

Work has begun on the new lord! Abaddon is a joy to cut apart, i imagine the possibilities are almost endless when it comes to conversions. Finding suitable arms and such might be a hassle though, he's big. Really big.

Getting Kranon's head to fit inside the collar was a pain, but i wanted a helmeted lord this time around. It's almost weird to see a 40k leader without the bare head though.

I'm currently debating whether to give him the classic bunny ears or not, i'll throw some together and let you folks have a say.

You've done a fantastic job so far! Kranon's head seems like an inspired choice! As for adding bunny ears, I can tell you from personal experience that a) adding them to Abaddon can be a bit of a pain due to the lack of space, something that's compounded even further by those pauldrons and :cool.: it's what essentially sells your model as a World Eater, so you should totally do it. I've personally found those helmet crests that look like a stylised icon of Khorne the most helpful (Wrathmonger helmets, Skullcrusher helmets), as they can be added on top of the armour without interfering with the rest of the setup.

When it comes to figuring out something for his right hand, let me just add my observation that the lower arms from the Skullcrushers and (older) plastic Chaos Knights might work -- and the arms from the WFB/AoC Chaos Lord on Manticore are just about perfectly scaled for Abaddon (and even share a similar style).

That belly plate is an excellent choice, by the way, and I love the tweaked shin armour!

Edited by KrautScientist

What's he gonna be armed with ? combi-wep? Combi-bolter?

I don't know yet. I never play so anything that looks cool:) A combi-bolter might actually fit the pose pretty well, seems a bit mundane though. We'll see.

I really want to see a mock up of some bunny ears but regardless of that your conversion is looking sweet!

Bunny ears incoming, how could i resist:D

I really like Kranon's head in there...nice start!

Thanks man! Glad to hear it, i was a bit weary of cutting that guy up. Nice mini, doesn't scream World Eater though.

Im eagerly waiting to see where you go with this Eld!! I know itll be awesome, just as your LR is

Thank you Sagentus, I'm pretty happy with this conversion so far. And glad you like the LR, it doesn't seem to get much attention. Not so strange, i'm seldom super interested in tanks myself:)

Looking forward to seeing more on your Addison conversion. Such a great model

Thanks!:biggrin.:

You've done a fantastic job so far! Kranon's head seems like an inspired choice! As for adding bunny ears, I can tell you from personal experience that a) adding them to Abaddon can be a bit of a pain due to the lack of space, something that's compounded even further by those pauldrons and :cool.: it's what essentially sells your model as a World Eater, so you should totally do it. I've personally found those helmet crests that look like a stylised icon of Khorne the most helpful (Wrathmonger helmets, Skullcrusher helmets), as they can be added on top of the armour without interfering with the rest of the setup.

When it comes to figuring out something for his right hand, let me just add my observation that the lower arms from the Skullcrushers and (older) plastic Chaos Knights might work -- and the arms from the WFB/AoC Chaos Lord on Manticore are just about perfectly scaled for Abaddon (and even share a similar style).

That belly plate is an excellent choice, by the way, and I love the tweaked shin armour!

Thanks for the input as always!

The khorne rune style seems to be the easiest way to do this, I prefer the older look with two separate prongs however. I don't want him ending up too similar to your new Lorimar too:)

Skulcrusher arms might be an idea, Manticore lord arms seems a bit hard to come by after a quick look through some bit stores. I'm still not settled on what weapon to put there, an axe seems obvious but we'll see.

The FW khorne termie upgrade sets has the bunny ears on the top of the "body" part and not the head and they go a bit inwards first so I think it would work.

Yeah i've been thinking about that style, i'll throw something together some day:)

You’ve got some great new World Eaters going on here Eldude.

Looking forward to seeing what you do with Abaddon. He’s looking good already! The bunny ears on the terminator armour would fit with your new World Eater termies.

Thanks KDC! Bunny ears are a must by now:D

Now for some updates. First up, I've actually painted most of the Land Raider, and i've come to realize that i hate painting, especially vehicles:D Damn thing ate almost all of my brushes too. Still, I'm glad it's almost done.

gallery_73760_13626_21724.jpg

gallery_73760_13626_9654.jpg

And then there's not-Abaddon

gallery_73760_13626_96274.jpg

A quick mockup of a set of bunny ears, as well as an added tabard. I'm not sure about these ears, they seem a tad small.

gallery_73760_13626_53804.jpg

Here are some other options. The one to the far left is the result of a failed try, at least one zerker has a head waiting. Anyone want to see a particular headcrest on abaddon? Personally i thing the second one from the right or the center one might look decent, the top of Abaddon's armor is pretty curved so these might compliment the general shape better than a more angular set of bunny ears.

Thanks again for the comments and likes!

Edited by ElDuderino

I like the mock up and agree that it’s a bit small. I really like the middle one with the extra skull trophies. I also think a plasticard mock up to make up for size wouldn’t be a bad venture. I also love the added tabard. What kit is that from?

The land raider is also looking great. Can’t wait to see it after some more paint.