Elduderino's World Eaters - Juggers paint in progress

ElDuderino

Thanks for the input! Alas, the center one is too big, I thought Abaddon's armour would be large enough but nope.

Even the one on right of it is just a bit wider than the top of the armor, I'll give that a shot. If that doesn't work out I'll go with Kraut's idea, don't want to end up cutting apart all my khorne helmets in vain:)

@Hushrong: the tabard is the same one from the kit, just cut off from the belt buckle:)

@Warbringer it depends on how the bunny ears ends up, don't want it to look too busy. None of my other terminators have them for the same reason.

Edited by ElDuderino

If I may, regarding the Bunny Ears, I'd suggest mounting a larger, more impressive trophy Skull than the current ones between them to show his immense prowess compared to his subordinates. I'm thinking something like these two:

boyz-ork-skull.jpg

citadel-bitz-skulls-for-warhammer-aos-40

Also, while the current pose and weapon setup is good I personally can't get the image of his right arm thrust up in the air holding a bundle of severed heads by the hair/ a single freshly-ripped off head aloft in triumph, with a great axe of some kind (perhaps the Master of Executions' own?) in his off hand instead of the sword, because SKULLS FOR HIS THRONE. Regardless, he's looking super promising so far and I can't wait to see how he evolves.

If I may, regarding the Bunny Ears, I'd suggest mounting a larger, more impressive trophy Skull than the current ones between them to show his immense prowess compared to his subordinates. I'm thinking something like these two:

boyz-ork-skull.jpg

citadel-bitz-skulls-for-warhammer-aos-40

Also, while the current pose and weapon setup is good I personally can't get the image of his right arm thrust up in the air holding a bundle of severed heads by the hair/ a single freshly-ripped off head aloft in triumph, with a great axe of some kind (perhaps the Master of Executions' own?) in his off hand instead of the sword, because SKULLS FOR HIS THRONE. Regardless, he's looking super promising so far and I can't wait to see how he evolves.

Oh boy, I had misgivings regarding the previous update, because the WE Lord just looked weirdly off to me, but it's good to see you're back on track! The bunny ears work splendidly, and I kinda like the axe, too: While it may need some more work, it just feels to me like using the Talon is the ultimate easy way out. That being said, if you maybe leave of the bolt pistols and make the back of the "hand" look a bit more Khornate?

Oh, and can we get a closer look at the GS'ed part of the left arm? It's back to looking fine again now, but it just seemed really off in your previous update.

Anyway, excellent work so far! Keep working! :)

gallery_73760_13626_115816.jpg

gallery_73760_13626_47700.jpg

As i wasn't happy with the axe, the lord has gotten a brand new power fist. This looks pretty badass in my opinion, and not the usual setup, I guess it's an illegal combo as far as rules go. Now I just have to decide if he's going to hold up some giant severed head, or just shake his fist at whippersnappers menacingly.

gallery_73760_13626_10514.jpg

Some work on a shoulder pad. I always find this sort of thing hard, bending plastic to conform to the round shape beneath... Luckily all the edges on this particular bit are spiky, so it works even though the edges isn't stuck to the pad itself. The part is the hand guard from one of the swords in the skull reaper set, it's a bit hard to see with all the material fatigue.

Oh boy, I had misgivings regarding the previous update, because the WE Lord just looked weirdly off to me, but it's good to see you're back on track! The bunny ears work splendidly, and I kinda like the axe, too: While it may need some more work, it just feels to me like using the Talon is the ultimate easy way out. That being said, if you maybe leave of the bolt pistols and make the back of the "hand" look a bit more Khornate?

Oh, and can we get a closer look at the GS'ed part of the left arm? It's back to looking fine again now, but it just seemed really off in your previous update.

Anyway, excellent work so far! Keep working! :smile.:

Thanks man. The Talon was tempting, but i found a solution that keeps the general pose:) The axe is fine in itself, it'll find a new owner soon i'm sure.

I added the second smaller pic so that the gs can be seen, as you pointed out it was a bit off, the arm bends in a unnatural way. I've begun taking care of it, some layered armor plates will take care of it.

The WE lord is looking sharp!

Thanks man:up:

New bunny ears are way better, good stuff.

If you're not a fan of the axe - and this might be me being crazy - but would this guy's work?

Hey, thanks for the input:) Yeah that'd look pretty brutal, a two-handed axe paired with a bastard sword seems a bit overkill though:) I feel like both an axe and a sword messed with the composition a bit.

The Lord is looking great so far! :smile.:

Thanks man! I loved your Abaddon!

I think you're right about the axe arm. Right now, it kind of looks like he randomly picked up an axe from the arsenal which he isn't too fond off

I really like the power first. I was thinking if you could get the axe at a "by his side" position, much like how he is handling the sword right now, it would look cool. However the fist just looks spot on! I am torn as I think him clutching a chain of various trophy skulls and helms would look sweet but I kind of like the flexing arm with clenched fist look.

Also, I am digging the icon adorning that once bare pad. That emblem of Khorne fits perfectly after you got it on there.

Thanks hush!

Yeah I like it too, it brings back memories or older editions when powerfists were omnipresent.

As for trophies, I was thinking of something that can be held by the hair, a horn or something similar. More "hey guys, look at this cool skull I just chopped off" than "hey guys, look at this cool skull that I brought from the skull heap aboard the ship, which has a chain attached but is still so large I had to bring my power fist to carry it around":D

Edited by ElDuderino

Love the fist! Legal equipment be damned, these are ancient, monstrously powerful demigods bestriding the galaxy. We need to go with what looks good, not what is legal in some puny book written by mere mortals...

...ahem...

Anyway, the fist's looking great, is all I'm saying: Maybe it could be holding some lashed-together skulls dangling from a chain, as seen on the FW Lord Zhufor model? In any case, great job replacing the iconic Abaddon weapons -- they are definitely a temptation because they look so cool, but to keep them ultimately just makes the model look like Abaddon with a headswap, so you've made the right call. The left arm is also looking better now. Fantastic work all around!

Love the fist! Legal equipment be damned, these are ancient, monstrously powerful demigods bestriding the galaxy. We need to go with what looks good, not what is legal in some puny book written by mere mortals...

...ahem...

Anyway, the fist's looking great, is all I'm saying: Maybe it could be holding some lashed-together skulls dangling from a chain, as seen on the FW Lord Zhufor model? In any case, great job replacing the iconic Abaddon weapons -- they are definitely a temptation because they look so cool, but to keep them ultimately just makes the model look like Abaddon with a headswap, so you've made the right call. The left arm is also looking better now. Fantastic work all around!

I'm in agreement with Kraut. Rule of Cool > Legal Loadouts

...ahem...

I'm in agreement with Kraut. Rule of Cool > Legal Loadouts

Thanks guys! Yeah who needs rules, it's not like these guys have a codex to follow:D

No news regarding lords or land raiders, i threw together some berserkers last night though. Love the new plastics:)

gallery_73760_13626_33717.jpg

And believe it or not, I'm actually about to start painting my knight, after using the LR for practice. More on that later:)

Thanks! The lack of bunny ears was a deliberate choice, I'm running out of them and I wanted to sprinkle some other heads throughout the force. Any future horns will be similar to these, since they're not too far off from the classic bunny ears:)

Bits sites my dude :lol: I mean, hey. Forge World has some nice ones ;) And AoS has two kits that's got a very decent amount of them :lol:

I kid, I kid (or am I?). I suppose it'll all be up to the painting and the rest of the squad's loadout. I do expect to see at least a few Chainaxes, or else as a Khornate, I'll be ashamed of you :teehee:

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for the absence folks! Since last time i've been busy with some minor projects like:

• summer
  • refurbishing the kitchen
  • trying to learn how to skateboard (at 32 nonetheless)
  • looking for a new job
  • preparing for our first child

hobby time has been tight as you can probably imagine:)

gallery_73760_13626_139081.jpg

I've built a berserker at least. Getting the headcrests from the skull reaper kit to fit onto a marine helmet is harder than i imagined, i'm not sure it looks good neither. The new CSM helmets has more detailing around the "ear" parts, which interfere with bunny ears.

gallery_73760_13626_224356.jpg

One good thing about renovating is the free basing materials:) I figured i had to at least start on the base for the knight before painting it. I think that those fancy texture paints will take care of the rest. And probably a skull or two:)

Bits sites my dude :laugh.: I mean, hey. Forge World has some nice ones :wink: And AoS has two kits that's got a very decent amount of them :laugh.:

I kid, I kid (or am I?). I suppose it'll all be up to the painting and the rest of the squad's loadout. I do expect to see at least a few Chainaxes, or else as a Khornate, I'll be ashamed of you :teehee:

Bits sites my dude :laugh.: I mean, hey. Forge World has some nice ones :wink: And AoS has two kits that's got a very decent amount of them :laugh.:

I think i have most of the kits with bunny ears by now, except for the FW conversion kit:)

You’ve been busy! And congrats on the upcoming first child!

I’m a little on the fence about the recent bunny ears. I think with some detailing it will fit perfectly. And the knight looks awesome. Nice deal on the basing material too haha.

Knight is looking awesome! Same for the rest of your force - keep it up!

Thanks Sgt, will do!

I just discovered this thread, wow. Just excellent builds in here, you have a really good eye. That mk2 land raider, ye gods!

Thank you! I'm glad you like the LR, it was my first go at plasticard and I'm really happy with it. More to come hopefully (though I don't really enjoy vehicles:) )

You’ve been busy! And congrats on the upcoming first child!

I’m a little on the fence about the recent bunny ears. I think with some detailing it will fit perfectly. And the knight looks awesome. Nice deal on the basing material too haha.

Yeah, something is off with the helm atm, needs some more work. Unfortunately the tempo hasn't really mellowed down, I'm beginning to think this whole parent thing might be detrimental to my hobby time;)

the bunny ears/head crest on the new csm model looks good, shame its so fiddly though. Really liking the Knight model, great additions to the model and it has a nice strong stance

Congrats on the upcoming 1st child Eld!

Thanks man! Glad you like the knight, it's been a long time coming but it's about to get finished at last. Better hurry up before the gurgling arrives:D