Elduderino's World Eaters - Juggers paint in progress

ElDuderino

the bunny ears/head crest on the new csm model looks good, shame its so fiddly though. Really liking the Knight model, great additions to the model and it has a nice strong stance

Congrats on the upcoming 1st child Eld!

Thanks man! Glad you like the knight, it's been a long time coming but it's about to get finished at last. Better hurry up before the nurgling arrives:D Edited by ElDuderino

Excellent work, mate! And that facemask is indeed a very clever conversion, especially because it looks so natural -- plus it adds a major Boba Fett vibe to the night, which is always a plus ;)

Don't forget regular updates on the Abaddon conversion, though, you hear? ;)

I was thinking of cylons myself, but I see the resemblance. It would look pretty damn ugly painted up like Boba Fett though:D

As for the abaddon conversion, I haven't had the inspiration really. I'm stuck trying to come up with something for his shoulder pad, as well as the bit with the skull and cables on the torso... Then I think I'll call it done, painting will have to wait until I've had some more practice.

Thanks! The lack of bunny ears was a deliberate choice, I'm running out of them and I wanted to sprinkle some other heads throughout the force. Any future horns will be similar to these, since they're not too far off from the classic bunny ears:)

ws_chaoswarriors_144_2011.jpg

Going by this artwork not every marine had the ears, embrace the non matching heads, IMHO its not a chaos army if it doesnt look a bit odd. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hey folks!

I've been a bit busy as usual, this time i can blame Dark Souls 3 as well as preparing for babies and fiddling with electronics.

Kraut posted a mini earlier this week, which was based on the same AoS mini as one of my own older guys. Needless to say, i immediately felt the need to tear my own apart, as is often the case with his work:) Before pic hidden under the spoiler tag.

gallery_73760_13626_30491.jpg

gallery_73760_13626_35375.jpg

I spent way too much time making his belt buckle fit, only to have it covered up by the axe handle:dry.: I don't know about you guys, but i think the marine legs really helps making him look more 40K.

gallery_73760_13626_78744.jpg

Another berserker, not much to say. Also inspired by Kraut, i did cut the torso armor up a bit to make it look a bit more like a marines' chest piece.

gallery_73760_13626_5586.jpg

And finally, the base for my Abaddon conversion. You might consider this my personal review of the whole concept of Primaris marines:whistling:

Aw, man, you flatter me! :)

I wanted to say your axe-wielding guy was lovely before, but the new legs really do wonders for the model. Just a bit of nitpicking, though: Shouldn't the blade of the axe be facing slightly forwards (or, alternatively, upwards)?

The second guy is also really cool -- and oh, I still have that Skullcrusher breastplate as well, so it looks as though I might just have been inspired by you in turn! :)

Keep up the excellent work!

Dam Eld these look great! I second Krauts comment about the axe, the angle doesnt quite look right, just as youre going to take a swing you have the head of the axe more in line with the fore arm 

the chest plate on the 2nd really works well, between you and Kraut my creative juices always start flowing!

Glad you guys like them! I've still got two more of those chests left, so there will definitely be more of those.

About the axe... I'll fiddle around with it, seems everyone but me thinks it looks funny, so I might have to reconsider my position:)

And I'll just leave this here

gallery_73760_13626_47810.jpg

Your Chaos Knight's skeleton is impressively detailed.

Thanks Bjorn, glad you like it!

Off to a great start with the paint, looking forward to seeing the armor on it

Thanks man, scroll down for armor (although seeing it on the model is still a couple of nights away)

Really looking forward to seeing more of the Knight, mate! And of the World Eaters! Keep this going, you are one of the main factors inspiring me to work on World Eaters again at the moment :wink:

That's great to hear! Glad to inspire, i'll have to get my production up, just to see more red guys in your log:D

One thing i like about imperial knights is the heraldry, and that was something i wanted to incorporate into this knight. Just painting it red and brass didn't really excite me. I was browsing through some pics of knight schemes trying to find something suitable, and stumbled onto House Khymere. Red, brass and black? Now that's an original scheme!:rolleyes:

gallery_73760_13626_14783.jpg

gallery_73760_13626_73063.jpg

This is where it's at atm. No highlights as of yet, so the armor looks a bit flat. I'm very happy with how the front of the top carpace is turning out! I do dread painting all that bone though, that's not one of my specialties.

Edited by ElDuderino