Elduderino's World Eaters - Juggers paint in progress

ElDuderino

The Knight is coming along so very well, mate! Fantastic job so far! :smile.:

May I suggest adding some scratched and scuffed markings in bone on the facemask? Something faintly tribal to make the most of the already cool conversion -- here, I've made a quick mockup to show you what I mean:

eldknight.png

In any case, keep up the fantastic work! :smile.:

Edited by KrautScientist

Add the red-brown of dried blood, i.e., bloodstains, so the Chaos Knight will look befitting a Khorne worshiper.

I'm planning to go crazy with weathering and blood and such don't worry Bjorn:)

Looking good can't wait to see it finished keep us posted!

Will do, thanks for the encouragement!

What can I say? I see a Chaos Knight, I like it. Can't wait to see where you go with this!

Me as well hehe, I have taken a peek or two at your own beautiful knights

The guy with the chainaxe and holding a head is a lovely little story. Those AoS 'bunny ears' are so good for this!

Thanks man, i've been meaning to do that for a while, finally got around to it:)

Wow - nice work and quick progress too. If you feel like you're struggling with the bone, it certainly doesn't show in the results. Keep it up!

Thanks man, the quick progress was a spur of the moment, the gf didn't see much of me last week:D And the bone was surprinsingly easy, the ridged horns usually gives me headaches.

Cool idea with the Reaper Autocannon!

Thanks again!

Looks great I love the head its really cool!

Thanks, but wait til you see what Kraut came up with:)

While I didn't think of it, I'm in agreement with KSci. That looks like it'd be cool on the Knight. :yes:

It does look awesome indeed!

May I suggest adding some scratched and scuffed markings in bone on the facemask? Something faintly tribal to make the most of the already cool conversion -- here, I've made a quick mockup to show you what I mean:

eldknight.png

Maaaaan that looks sweet! I'm very much tempted to go with that (if my brush skills are up to it). I just need to figure out if tribal markings are what i'm going for, i was picturing this guys with occult markings and scribblings... I'll have to give it some thoughts. I'm thinking about buying the chaos knight transfer sheet (or trading for it), and sprinkle some transfers onto this guy, maybe i can come up sith something using those.

No updates today, I've been busy learing PCB design for my other nerdy hobby (recreating an 80s drum machine for anyone keeping track of my exploits). More to come later though!

eldknight.png

Maaaaan that looks sweet! I'm very much tempted to go with that (if my brush skills are up to it). I just need to figure out if tribal markings are what i'm going for, i was picturing this guys with occult markings and scribblings... I'll have to give it some thoughts. I'm thinking about buying the chaos knight transfer sheet (or trading for it), and sprinkle some transfers onto this guy, maybe i can come up sith something using those.

Cheers, mate! I only really improvised a design, so don't feel forced or anything: I just wanted to draw attention to the fact that, in my opinion, that faceplate was really made for some kind of semi-tribal markings in a contrasting colour.

• 3 months later...

Sorry for the absence, this baby business have been stealing my hobby time (big surprise)

However, i did actually cut up some plastic today! I've been missing it.

My Abaddon conversion has collecting dust since last summer, i just couldn't think of anything to do with his right shoulder. Luckily, Kraut provided the solution the other day, he replicated the World Eaters logo using skeleton jaws. That's bloody ingenious and i can't believe noone thought of it before! I promptly stole the idea, and used the jaws from a couple of Ork skulls, since Abbys pauldrons are quite a bit larger than regular marine ones. I even managed to come up with something for the torso, as the stylized skull had to go.

gallery_73760_13626_60586.jpg

gallery_73760_13626_23756.jpg

Some minor touch ups and this guy is finally ready for paint, which probably won't happen before 2030 if i keep this pace:teehee:

Thanks man! Yeah, it's almost impossible to do chaos, let alone WEs, and not steal from Kraut, he's done so much cool stuff:) I'd probably still be building 90's beserkers if it wasn't for all cool stuff people post here:D

And that last paragraph makes me happy, as this is basically just abaddon with a new head, some new arms and bunny ears:wink:

(nothing wrong with stealing Krauts ideas!)

Thanks man! Yeah, it's almost impossible to do chaos, let alone WEs, and not steal from Kraut, he's done so much cool stuff:) I'd probably still be building 90's beserkers if it wasn't for all cool stuff people post here:D

And that last paragraph makes me happy, as this is basically just abaddon with a new head, some new arms and bunny ears:wink:

Aw, you two:

ohstopitu.jpg

Seriously, though, glad to be of help! He's looking great, too! The jaw still needs some kind of planet at the center, though. And are you going to fill in those arrows underneath the jaw?

The vent on the chestpiece is such a small thing, but it really makes for a very different look. It's also a nice shout out to the classic MKV berzerker chest pieces!

Are you planning some kind of cape for this gentleman? He looks regal enough to warrant one! A half cape would be cool -- or a cape of chains?

Anyway, cannot wait to see him painted! :)

Dam Eld ... i went through thewhole of your thread again (accidentally clicked page 1), but I'm glad i did!! everything in your thread has given me more ideas, from the contemptor (whose kit is terrible) but you made look great!! Termi's, knight, DP, the CSM has given me ideas for mine too :D

• 3 months later...

Hey folks!

Sorry for the absence, I recently became a father, which i feel is a decent excuse:) We're doing fine, but this corona stuff makes it a bit weird, i expected alot more visits from grandparents etc.

Needless to say, baby+isolation=no hobby time.

Nevertheless, i found these pics that i took earlier but never got around to posting.

gallery_73760_13626_210512.jpg

First up, two berserkers who accidently ended up with very similar poses. The one on the right is holding a knife btw:)

gallery_73760_13626_196073.jpg

gallery_73760_13626_40793.jpg

I spliced together this HB from the new csm box, combined with the one from mkIII marines. I love the underslung style, but the stock one was a bit too clean for my taste. I might have to extend his torso though, he's a bit short for a storm trooper.

gallery_73760_13626_75231.jpg

This guy is an attempt to use a pair of legs that Kraut sent me a while back. They're from the warshine model and i really liked the cape, unfortunately the model wears boots and i naked above the waist. This is an early moc up, i've tried to keep the pose of the original model as seen here:

Something is a bit off, and i can't quite figure out what it is. To be fair, the original mini is a bit strange too, so maybe it's to be expected. I might try to make a terminator out of this one instead, as he's quite bulky.

Keep safe, I'll be back with more updates in ~15 years or so;)

Edited by ElDuderino

Congrats on the new addition to your family! That’s fantastic news!

And happy to see you working on World Eaters! Love what I am seeing so hoping you can squeeze away some time to get some hobbying in. Maybe give up on whatever little sleep you may be getting :)

As for the latest model it’sthe feet. He has huge feet. I know he obviously needs more work but that’s what is sticking out to me personally. I wonder if you have some mk3 legs you could swap out where you used the terminator feet.

You guys are probably right, that might be it! I'll try something else. MKIII legs would probably work, I think i have over-used them though, I'm a bit sick of MKIII in general:)

As for hobby time, maybe i can set up a painting station upstairs. I really just want to build things as usual, but painting takes up way less space. Maybe I'll even finish something for once:D

That said, i did accidently order half a redemptor dreadnought the other day... (Edit: and one of the greater possessed. And some empty hands and a khorne banner, but that's it, I promise!)

Edited by ElDuderino

I think I'll go with new legs, I just need to figure out which legs to sacrifice, also there's not that many that have the feet posed correctly.

In other news, I've redid my warpsmith in anticipation of the redemptor parts' arrival. They will of course be used to build some big evil robot, and needs someone to watch over it.

gallery_73760_13626_184992.jpg

Old version. Weirdly hunched over and a bit uninspired.

gallery_73760_13626_94996.jpg

New version. Has a head, which is a plus:) Now i just need to build a backpack and figure out what to do with his right hand. I'm currently leaning towards an auspex, as i want something other than a weapon. Suggestions are welcome as always!

New version is looking sleek! Hope you find a use for the old body as it’s pretty cool looking.

As for the right hand maybe have him holding a servo-skull. Then get crazy and maybe have it “project” a hololithic image maybe using one of the old epic space marine figs.

Thanks man, means a lot coming from you:)

Yeah I quite like where that guy is headed, but I have unfortunately copied Kraut yet again, unknowingly this time. I googled for inspiration the other day, and there it was: same legs, head from the same kit, and big hammer held similarly:D

Edited by ElDuderino