Elduderino's World Eaters - Juggers paint in progress

ElDuderino

Those guys look like Berserkers SHOULD look to me. So much better than the present standard Berserker box.  Nice job.

Thank you! As previously stated, the concept is not mine, I've merely ontinued on Betrayer41's super cool idea:)

And to be fair, the standard berseker box isn't that hard to beat:D

Agreed, they are brilliant conversions mate :thumbsup:

Also, I feel when a new kit comes, these guys will fit in great with them. The running guy 2nd left is my fave :cool.:

Agreed, the Berzerkers look great! My personal favorite is the one on the far right. With all those rumors about a new Abaddon, new Oblits and new vanilla marines floating around, here's hoping that getting legpieces like those will become easier soon.

Thank you both, I hope the new kit won't put them to shame, if it's anything more than rumors. TBH, i'd actually prefer standard CSM kits over berserkers, converting is the most fun aspect of the hobby for me (evidenced by the grand total of one painted mini in the thread so far). It's not like there's a shortage of Khornate kits and bits:) 

Awesome Work Mate! I wish i could get into knights but it's just not my thing. Your zerkers however make me want to kick my :censored: into gear! Awesome job!

What's not to like about giant robots?=) And thanks man, get your gear kicked, i want new ideas to steal!

Fantastic work. You make me want to sacrifice my 3 MkIII squads and convert my three ten-man berzerkers - on which I left the boots.... :sad.:

Wait, not those old MKIII berserkers right? With the FW upgrades? Those are brilliant!

inspired approach to berzerkers, I am surprised more people havent done the same. They are very imposing! would be good to add backpacks though

Really good job on the Berserkers, I agree with Blindhamster in that adding backpacks would make them look more complete.

Don't worry folks, backpacks are of course coming, I've left them off for ease of painting (whenever that'll happen:D)

Excellent work on the Knight, 'zerkers and warpsmith -- the latter needs a different, more chaotic/Khornate head, though. I think you should choose a suitably blunt, sinister looking head and then try to graft on some optical implants/aerials/whatever. Just my two cents :wink:

I see your point, I figure this guy is an ally though, a somewhat recent convert that might not even be a follower of Khorne per se. More like a consultant to keep the engines running while the rest are busy chainaxin':) So no khornate crests or such, i might add something to spice him up however, he seems a bit too uncorrupted atm...

Aaaaaand I'm still waiting for that damn order, it got stuck in customs waiting for import fees. gah. 

Excellent work on the Knight, 'zerkers and warpsmith -- the latter needs a different, more chaotic/Khornate head, though. I think you should choose a suitably blunt, sinister looking head and then try to graft on some optical implants/aerials/whatever. Just my two cents :wink:

I see your point, I figure this guy is an ally though, a somewhat recent convert that might not even be a follower of Khorne per se. More like a consultant to keep the engines running while the rest are busy chainaxin':) So no khornate crests or such, i might add something to spice him up however, he seems a bit too uncorrupted atm...

Oh, right, not strictly Khornate, then :wink: Even so, I stand by my point that the helmet should be less vanilla. Incidentally, many of the Khornate helmets (especially those from the Skullcrushers and Blood Warrior) work really well as blunt, sinister Iron Warriors-y helmets with the "bunny ears" clipped off.

Edited by KrautScientist

Those are kinda taken already;)

gallery_73760_13626_76843.jpg

But I hear you, something has to be done. If only those Kataphron heads weren't so damn expensive I'd go with those. Maybe something could be done with the Boba Fett-like head from the berserker box, i have a bunch lying around with the ears gone already:)

• 2 weeks later...

I've just gone through your whole log from start to finish and your work is amazing! Your conversions are very clever and really well executed. I especially like the Terminators from the start of your log that you re-posted a little while ago.

I also think that head you sculpted for your Daemon Prince is absolutely brilliant. If your not planning to use it on your Price anymore, are you planning to use it somewhere else?

I redid my warpsmith's head with a t-visor berserker helm copying Insane Psychopath and I think it owul dlook good for your warpsmith. The kataphron heads thought are also very sweet!

I've actually got some kataphron part incoming as part of a trade with Kraut, updates will follow! And send me a pic of the warpsmith, I'm intrigued!

I've just gone through your whole log from start to finish and your work is amazing! Your conversions are very clever and really well executed. I especially like the Terminators from the start of your log that you re-posted a little while ago.

I also think that head you sculpted for your Daemon Prince is absolutely brilliant. If your not planning to use it on your Price anymore, are you planning to use it somewhere else?

Thank you Syn! Glad you took the time:)

I like the termies too, they were a bit of a pain TBH but they came out pretty cool imho. Only thin bugging me is that the gs work on the back of their legs is sloppy, it was a bit of a bore doing it five times over. Maybe i'll redo it someday (yeah right).

The head irks me. It's very well recieved by the community, it seems like everyone likes it but me:D I'm sure it'll get some use eventually.

In other news my bits order finally arrived! Swedish customs decided to keep it for two weeks after i paid the import tax, and i had no tracking number so i was starting to get worried.

Sorry for not taking proper pictures, i really should get some sleep but was a bit excited hehe.

gallery_73760_13626_81239.jpg

I immediately started cutting stuff apart and now the knight has the beginnings of a new mask and some chaosy collar bones.

gallery_73760_13626_32218.jpg

And i just had to try this. It seems a bit lazy though after all the work that went into the custom head. Time will tell.

I feel like i owe you all a proper update now, it's been a while. I hope i can find some time soon!

Edited by ElDuderino

The Knight head is looking very promising, mate! As for the DP's head, yeah, I think that's a bit too simple, really -- and if you really wanted to use a readymade head, the stock head from the resin DP would be a better choice, I think. But I really feel you should go back to your custom head and spruce it up a bit, with some Venom-style teeth and a couple of additional tweaks.

Keep up the great work! :)

Oh man, that head for the knight is ace already! That’s unique and awesome looking and I like the extra armor I’m seeing on its shoulders above where it’s shield and stubber goes. I’m going to miss that sweet head you put together for the Terminator DP. Interested in seeing where you go with it!

And DANG! Customs held onto your stuff for 2 weeks!?

Oh man, that head for the knight is ace already! That’s unique and awesome looking and I like the extra armor I’m seeing on its shoulders above where it’s shield and stubber goes. I’m going to miss that sweet head you put together for the Terminator DP. Interested in seeing where you go with it!

And DANG! Customs held onto your stuff for 2 weeks!?

Yeah they were a bit angry about import tax or something... I'm probably on som watch list now, lots of suspiscious packages going back and forth:)

Glad that you like those shoulder details! I didn't really know what to do with that part, it would be a shame to leave it smooth. The top of the carpace is detailed as it is and will only get a trophy or two, but the front seemed like a good place to add stuff without cluttering it up.

Damn that Knight looks good! Though the stock Prince head looks good, it seems a shame to can the custom one you made.

Thanks man!

About the head (again:D). Im realising i'll not be able to replace it, the mob as spoken! i'll have to have a beer or two to muster up the courage to cut the damn thing apart hehe

I was messing around with the knight, trying to find a use for random parts

Now please stop me if i'm wrong before i start cutting the carpace apart...

gallery_73760_13626_95113.jpg

... but isn't that kinda cool?

edit: I love the camera on my new phone! Now i can take ok-ish pics in the middle of the night, i'll never have to sleep again!

Edited by ElDuderino

It will take some work, in my excitement I didn't really notice just how different the shapes are... hmmm. I'll sleep on it and see if anyone else wants to chime in, this seems like one if these irreversible things:) but im very tempted, it looks kinda gothic with these arches. Thanks for the input Dusk!

I think it shouldn't really take that much work to blend in that bit with the front of the carapace -- after all, it's not a problem if it looks like some kind of decoration that was added on top of the standard carapace, right? I also think the middle part does a great job of pulling those horns on the left and right back into the overall design: Being separated from the head/facemask and with that space between them, they no longer really read as horns so much, but now they do seem like a part of an overarching design again, which I think is great!

• 3 weeks later...

Maaaan, loving the progress on your prince, its been ages since I've been on bolter so quite the difference. I was a little disappointed to see you'd abandoned your custom head though! I agree with Krautscientist that with some more work you could be really happy with it, maybe it was too clean, maybe ad some damage/texture to it? I feel like if your entertaining using a stock head anyway you have nothing to lose working on your own head as you have a back up plan.  If you can get it to work for you, a unique, custom head built by yourself will add a lot more flavour/character and a personal touch to your model, which looks great.

Excited to see you working on the Knight as well, I really like what your trying out with the face. I'm currently back on the same process with mine, trying to figure out how to build the head.  Its motivating to see you working on a similar project at the same time. Thanks man, looking forward to the updates!

it's good to have BnC back, it's been really hard to get anything done without all the input you guys give me. Thank you all for that, and thanks to the mods and admins for all their work!

I've been able to get some work done nevertheless, although me and the gf is in the middle of buying our first appartment. Needless to say, it takes up most of my time.

gallery_73760_13626_125327.jpg

gallery_73760_13626_69175.jpg

The knight has got some new details, and some relatively smooth gs work to boot, thanks to Brother Chaplain Kage's excellent video tutorials! Switching to silicone clay shapers and oil as a lubricant makes such a difference, I didn't believe it until i saw his video. So, join the cult! Jokes aside, these early attempts are not perfect but way better than anything i've been able to produce before, and waaaay faster too. Thanks BCK!

I've actually filled in most of the gaps by now but i'm too lazy to snap pics atm, it's not super interesting anyways:)

gallery_73760_13626_46398.jpg

gallery_73760_13626_55454.jpg

I've always loved the artwork of Abbadon's Chosen, Urkathos in particular. So here's an early mock-up of a character not at all inspired by that particular picece of art. The pose looks a bit wonky with all the blu-tac, i'm confident i'll get it sorted out though:) It's also a bit of an experiment in changing the concept up a bit, I'm a bit tired of building similar minis, so some daemonic elements were in place. Now i kinda feel like tearing up all of my finnished berserkers to mix and match a bit, otherwise i'll end up with five clean guys and five OTT chaosy guys.

And the halberd will be replaced with something more suitable, i just need the hand really. On that note, I have a custodes squad 98% intact if anyone is interested in trading some stuff some day.

gallery_73760_13626_157878.jpg

And just in time for our impending move, i've got a new hobby area sorted out in our old place. Oh well.... Visible in the pic is another major time-sink, i don't recommend multiple hobbies, working full time and dealing with banks and real estate agents at the same time haha.

Maaaan, loving the progress on your prince, its been ages since I've been on bolter so quite the difference. I was a little disappointed to see you'd abandoned your custom head though! I agree with Krautscientist that with some more work you could be really happy with it, maybe it was too clean, maybe ad some damage/texture to it? I feel like if your entertaining using a stock head anyway you have nothing to lose working on your own head as you have a back up plan. If you can get it to work for you, a unique, custom head built by yourself will add a lot more flavour/character and a personal touch to your model, which looks great.

Excited to see you working on the Knight as well, I really like what your trying out with the face. I'm currently back on the same process with mine, trying to figure out how to build the head. Its motivating to see you working on a similar project at the same time. Thanks man, looking forward to the updates!

Thanks man! I'm actually sourcing bits for a third take on the custom head, you guys won't let me get away with taking the easy way out hehe.

Concerning faceplates for knights, i like where yours is headed (pun definitively not intended, nor condoned as a concept)! I'm having some trouble getting that particular bit to fit well, i don't want any flaws in that area as it's such a focal point. And I kinda like those medieval-looking face-plates in the middle of all the khornate bling, as opposed to the more daemonic vibe of that one bit... Maybe i'll take it to a vote.

Edit: Gah, i just noticed i've got a whole lot of replies to write, sorry but really need to get some sleep, i'll get back with replies tomorrow!

Edited by ElDuderino