Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Elduderinos World Eaters - Land Raider yet again

Chaos World Eaters Khorne

• Please log in to reply
409 replies to this topic

Brother Chaplain Kage

Brother Chaplain Kage

++ SACERDOS UMBRA ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,453 posts
  • Faction: VIII Legion - Crimson Sons

Great job so far, but don't fill the gaps with greenstuff, I beg of you; it's terrible for the job and looks especially bad on large, flat areas. There's any number of purpose built gap fillers out there that are cheap and work so much better than GS. I prefer the Tamiya brand, and Perfect Plastic Putty would be my #1 choice if I didn't wet sand everything (it's water soluble) but there's a lot to choose from. 

• ElDuderino likes this

dVIGLrG.pngFPVd6je.pngQiZFXmD.png

Hope is the first step to despair.

Spiritual Liege

Spiritual Liege

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 427 posts
  • Faction: Custodes, IV, Vile Xenos

World Eaters show up to a party they play the best music.

What music will a World Eater listen to, besides a fighter's screams of rage, his opponents' screams of pain, and a dying person's moans and last breaths? [Sarcasm]I love you?[/sarcasm]

Raining Blood, obviously.

• Bjorn Firewalker and ElDuderino like this

ElDuderino

ElDuderino

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 883 posts

What music will a World Eater listen to, besides a fighter's screams of rage, his opponents' screams of pain, and a dying person's moans and last breaths? [Sarcasm]I love you?[/sarcasm]

I don't know, that big purple guy singing about hugs... Slannesh?

As for what my world eaters listens to, i think they enjoy sound recordings from the Venice Beach League Playoffs 1987 latest  pit-fighting championship aboard their battleship:)

Great job so far, but don't fill the gaps with greenstuff, I beg of you; it's terrible for the job and looks especially bad on large, flat areas. There's any number of purpose built gap fillers out there that are cheap and work so much better than GS. I prefer the Tamiya brand, and Perfect Plastic Putty would be my #1 choice if I didn't wet sand everything (it's water soluble) but there's a lot to choose from. 

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,716 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves

I don't know, that big purple guy singing about hugs... Slannesh?
Barney's costume covers too much skin to be that of a Slaanesh worshiper. Tzeentch (make enemies underestimate him) or Malice (drive enemies literally insane) are more likely masters of the Purple Dinosaur.

Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)
Sisters of Battle+ Fenrisian Beer- Inhibitions- Sanity= Trouble! (Order of the Blazing Heart Rocket Punch Pimp Magnet She-Wolf)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Reasons to use the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think the Librarian Dreadnought needs Furious Charge AND It Will Not Die to beat down a Chaos-worshiping punk and his Defiler, while a Stormraven needs a Vanquisher cannon to beat down this punk's Heldrake.

ElDuderino

ElDuderino

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 883 posts
Tzeentch (makes people underestimate him), Malice (drives people insane), Khorne (insane with rage), Slannesh (hugs) and Nurgle (jolly attitude): Undivided greater daemon confirmed
  • Bjorn Firewalker likes this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,716 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves

Tzeentch (makes people underestimate him), Malice (drives people insane), Khorne (insane with rage), Slannesh (hugs) and Nurgle (jolly attitude): Undivided greater daemon confirmed

The Chaos Gods sent him to "aid and advise" Abaddon on how to best reach Terra and permanently end the threat of the Anathema.

And by constantly singing the galaxy's most annoying song, motivate the Despoiler to HURRY UP- or kill himself and allow a quicker thinker to replace him as Champion of Chaos Undivided. Seriously, 10,000 or 100 years (depending on how time is measured in the Warp), just to clear a path?

Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)
Sisters of Battle+ Fenrisian Beer- Inhibitions- Sanity= Trouble! (Order of the Blazing Heart Rocket Punch Pimp Magnet She-Wolf)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Reasons to use the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think the Librarian Dreadnought needs Furious Charge AND It Will Not Die to beat down a Chaos-worshiping punk and his Defiler, while a Stormraven needs a Vanquisher cannon to beat down this punk's Heldrake.

ElDuderino

ElDuderino

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 883 posts

Update time!

Building the front of the land raider was was more fiddly than i had imagined, I think it's turning out pretty decent:) The HB turret even has some limited movement!

gallery_73760_13626_174573.jpg

gallery_73760_13626_107124.jpg

Suggestions for chaos decorations are welcome, there will be skulls and spikes (in moderation) and something needs to go into the 'reliefs' behind the lascannons. Ideas?:) 

• Noserenda and hushrong like this

Brother Chaplain Kage

Brother Chaplain Kage

++ SACERDOS UMBRA ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,453 posts
  • Faction: VIII Legion - Crimson Sons

• ElDuderino likes this

dVIGLrG.pngFPVd6je.pngQiZFXmD.png

Hope is the first step to despair.

hushrong

hushrong

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,045 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors
She is a BEAUTY!! And know now that I will be stealing knornate decorations ideas from you for one of my own LRs.

One thing I wanted to try aside from skulls on spikes is to take a single thin layer of guaze and try to make it look like netting for trophies & skulls. Have it hanging by a side door or on the rear by the exhaust. Some weapons and the skulls of the worthy foes who wielded them kept secure-ish for later boasting. I think in one of the first two predator films the predator had this.
  • ElDuderino likes this

Black Legion: The Fire Rises

Dornian Heresy: Iron Hands Raiders

Alpha Legion: The Heads of the Hydra Strike

Emperor's Children: Cult of Golden Tears

ElDuderino

ElDuderino

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 883 posts

Yeah i know, i was a bit impatient again, but i've since then bought a tube of plastic putty. Works great, dries quick and easy to work with. Thanks for the tip!

She is a BEAUTY!! And know now that I will be stealing knornate decorations ideas from you for one of my own LRs.

One thing I wanted to try aside from skulls on spikes is to take a single thin layer of guaze and try to make it look like netting for trophies & skulls. Have it hanging by a side door or on the rear by the exhaust. Some weapons and the skulls of the worthy foes who wielded them kept secure-ish for later boasting. I think in one of the first two predator films the predator had this.

Thanks! Steal away as usual, the gauze idea sounds interesting, well worth some experimentation. Just do a couple of tries before you glue it to something expensive:D

I've been meaning to post some updates but i just haven't gotten around to it, but here's the current progress:

gallery_73760_13626_81278.jpg

gallery_73760_13626_28592.jpg

gallery_73760_13626_20768.jpg

gallery_73760_13626_11133.jpg

All in all I'm really happy with the way this is turning out, way better than expected. Unfortunately the white plasticard don't photograph very well, but you get the idea. Trim and arrows, nothing new. The hull is still not glued BTW, so many gaps will be taken care of.

Todo:

• blend the edges where the roof meets the side parts, now there's just an abrupt 90 degree angle
  • cover the gap between the hull and the armor piece above the heavy bolters
  • Some skulls and such, i want to keep it relatively clean however.
  • Chaos symbols where the aquilas have been shaved off of the tracks. Any ideas are welcome, I'm looking for flat pieces of chaos iconography of suitable sizes

After seeing Krauts excellent new Lorimar conversion i just couldn't resist buying myself a bitrhday present. I'll do my best to finish the LR before starting cutting this guy apart (like that's going to happen)

gallery_73760_13626_158351.jpg

Edited by ElDuderino, 04 July 2019 - 06:47 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Chaos, World Eaters, Khorne

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users