Elduderino's World Eaters - Juggers paint in progress

ElDuderino

The Chaos gods has decided that my order shall be lost in the warp, i suspect Tzeentch feels threatened....

gallery_73760_13626_44619.jpg

To keep myself busy, I started working on a demon prince. Since my lord wears terminator armor i naturally got a bit carried away and had to cut an expensive miniature apart. Oh well:)

And any suggestions about suitable heads are most welcome

Edited by ElDuderino

Looks promising, as the lower part has already been asked for I'll have to query, where is the upper part from? :p

Thanks! Those are the trianglular things on the side of the sarcophagus from the DV hellbrute

Oh, that is an awesome look! Worth the sacrifice of pricey plastic crack!

It almost always is! Just a bit scary hehe

gallery_73760_13626_71093.jpg

Late night potato pic, I'm liking the look of this so far. Plus, I finally found a use for the weird fins from the warp talons!

And I should add that this whole thing was inspired by Rumplemaster's obliterator:

http://rumplemaster-painting.blogspot.com/2016/09/golden-demon-2016-obliterator.html?m=1

(check out his Angron too, it's insane)

Edited by ElDuderino

This is looking incredible so far. Can’t wait to see more.

I still have that DP but one of the original metal ones.

As for Rumplemaster his Angron led me to attempt one of my own based on his design a while back, but then the new Bloodthirster was released and made him look puny ha

Oh man, that dude is a brute! I am curious what you will do for the arms and shoulder pads? Also, what did you find a use for the warp talon fins? Making a big ol' black mace?

and rumplemaster's obliterator has me wishing GW would already make a newer, better looking one.

Holy cow this is looking impressive! I've always loved that daemon Prince model, and somehow it never occurred to me that a terminator version is exactly what I need in my life! I look forward to seeing this progress.

Thanks man, I felt that a terminator demon prince was something that was missing as well, now i'll be a more complete person for sure:)

Fantastic! That Daemon Prince sculpt is -by far- my favourite of all models in GW's range. It's been a long time since I've seen it anywhere, so I look forward to more updates.

Yeah i love it as well, I've always wanted one since i was a kid. Only thing is the pose is pretty weird when viewed from any angle other than the official photos, kinda bummed me out a bit. Nothing a bit of chopping cant fix though:)

This is looking incredible so far. Can’t wait to see more.

I still have that DP but one of the original metal ones.

As for Rumplemaster his Angron led me to attempt one of my own based on his design a while back, but then the new Bloodthirster was released and made him look puny ha

Thanks! That sure looks interesting, did you ever post any pics? And i don't know about puny, an impressive model is still impressive regardless of stature. TBH i feel like the bloodthirster is a bit too big, I'd make it 30% smaller if i could. It'd solve my problem of finding a head for my own prince at least:)

Oh man, that dude is a brute! I am curious what you will do for the arms and shoulder pads? Also, what did you find a use for the warp talon fins? Making a big ol' black mace?

and rumplemaster's obliterator has me wishing GW would already make a newer, better looking one.

Yeah me too... Although i'm not that fond of obliterators. I'd probably make terminators out of them, i'm addicted to making termies haha. And the fins were cut apart to make trim for the top of the armor, instant detail without any sculpting needed (i'm a bit proud of this actually, this'll make everything so much easier).

In other news, my order arrived! And instead of starting to cut things apart i painted this test model:

gallery_73760_13626_21317.jpg

gallery_73760_13626_23781.jpg

Painting is hard! Duncan makes it look too easy....

Anyways, it seems like i need to practice a bit before painting anything important, good thing i've got all these old models gathering dust. First on the agenda is getting consistent results when thinning paint, as evident by the red on the shoulder pad:)

Nothing wrong with terminators! The more the merrier of them. And they can be turned into great obliterators.

I used to really love oblits in the older editions with their toughness, save, and gun load out. They were a pretty good anchor that could sit somewhere and dish out hurt and take some too. I've just realized that I have yet to use them in 8th though. Maybe if GW makes new plastic that looks like the old artwork I'd get back on them.

Paint job is also looking good! The color and highlights are righteous & vicious! Looking forward to more test minis.

And lastly, I think Duncan is a witch...

Well i haven't played in 15 years or so but I vaguely remember iron warriors armies with like 9 oblits:)

Glad that you like the paint, I was a bit miffed. I expected golden demon type result from a 20 min video after not touching a brush in 10 years haha. It looks better in the pic than irl though. I've already started with the next one, a slightly larger brush yields smoother reds apparently. I'm a bit rusty to say the least:)

Paint job looks great, nice gritty feel to him. As for my version of Rumplemasters Angron this is as far as I got, I didn’t have the zombie dragon wing at the time so had to improvise.

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/Stovie_2006/Biohazards%20Worldeaters/B6B8E1E8-CB4E-4C5F-A418-5DC2705CDE90.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/Stovie_2006/Biohazards%20Worldeaters/ED9E3670-7A7B-411A-B662-FEE012945511.jpg

My old Iron Warriors army only had a third of that power! They were good fun. Kind of tempted to dig up those bastards and try to finish converting them up.

For the paint job you aimed for the stars so nothing wrong with that haha. Just keep on painting! I have to say your marine looks awesome if you haven't touched a brush after such a long hiatus.

That Prince is shaping up to be a monster, looking forward to seeing him progress.

The tester mini looks good to me, the chainglaive is a cool conversion too.

I’m really looking forward to your daemon Prince in terminator armour. That’s a fantastic idea, it’s surprising more people haven’t done it. But maybe that’s just a sign of a really good idea that it seems to make so much sense in hindsight.

Have you heard of ‘Nemeroth’? He originated on a video game. I rediscovered him looking for inspiration for a Contemptor I’m planning in the future. He’s a chaos Lord in terminator armour who becomes a Daemon Prince. There is a lot of variation in the pics but I think you might find some useful images to help with your Daemon Prince in TDA.

Have you heard of ‘Nemeroth’? He originated on a video game. I rediscovered him looking for inspiration for a Contemptor I’m planning in the future. He’s a chaos Lord in terminator armour who becomes a Daemon Prince. There is a lot of variation in the pics but I think you might find some useful images to help with your Daemon Prince in TDA.

Nemeroth gets killed before he's fully Ascended. He never becomes a full Daemon Prince in Terminator Armour. That being said, he's HUGE before he's ascended.

Like: He looks like he's almost twice Titus' height, and Relic confirmed they made all the Astartes 7'6" in-game.

Thanks everyone! I never would have guessed that I'd get any positive comments on my painting skills to be honest now I feel really inspired to keep it up! So, thank you all:)

Nemeroth gets killed before he's fully Ascended. He never becomes a full Daemon Prince in Terminator Armour. That being said, he's HUGE before he's ascended.

Like: He looks like he's almost twice Titus' height, and Relic confirmed they made all the Astartes 7'6" in-game.

I haven't played that game so i never saw the guy before, but google delivered:

1455055693_nemeroth-chaos-lord-devil_1.j

Looks pretty sweet, maybe i'll steal an idea or two:) The horns in particular would cover up some ugly seams.

Paint job looks great, nice gritty feel to him. As for my version of Rumplemasters Angron this is as far as I got, I didn’t have the zombie dragon wing at the time so had to improvise.
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/Stovie_2006/Biohazards%20Worldeaters/B6B8E1E8-CB4E-4C5F-A418-5DC2705CDE90.jpg
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/Stovie_2006/Biohazards%20Worldeaters/ED9E3670-7A7B-411A-B662-FEE012945511.jpg

Holy crap bio that looks great! A shame you didn't finish that....

I'm doing some Betrayer41-type berserkers now and the only problem i've got is that i feel like i can't improve on his work, so inspiration is a bit low unfortunatly. I'll post some pics after the green stuff has dried and the first guy has arms:)

Oh man, I forgot about that Nemeroth fella. Space Marine was a decently fun game but I got into the multiplayer too late. So I never got to stomp around in a Dreadnought online. He does look cool in his partially ascended form. Well, if I ever feel the itch to get one I know somebody who has a TDA daemon prince to copy...:whistling:

Looking forward to your betrayer41-mark Berzerkers! What did you want to try and improve upon? Mind sharing some ideas you had? The only thing I have done was add guitar string for cabling to add a 'grimdark' technological feel to them. I worried they'd still look too much like bloodwarriors since I did use a lot of their axes. Next I want to try and add some 'vents' and cabling to the armor like mk5 and mk6 armor. But that means removing some of that sweet baroque detail :unsure.: