Elduderino's World Eaters - Juggers paint in progress

ElDuderino

• 1 month later...

I'm not quite dead yet!

gallery_73760_13626_50120.jpg

gallery_73760_13626_20213.jpg

These two have been finished, I coud finally find some space in the budget for the new CSM kit, which provided shoulder pads among other things. Great kit.

gallery_73760_13626_84457.jpg

I had a uncharacteristic urge to paint the other night, this is the result so far. Quite happy with it! Noctus Cornix provided a great recipe for painting the eye lenses, which of of course isn't very visible on this mini. But still, feels good to be painting again!

gallery_73760_13626_84069.jpg

These guys are next in line. I'm not a fan of the new terminators, which is great since i won't have to tear these apart. Saves me some money too, win win.

New marine is nice! Love that our CSM can have miniguns so I quote Jesse Ventura’s Predator lines. I honestly want to try and copy your conversion but in the open hand have a bandolier feeding into the weapon drum. Doesn’t make sense but it’s be tacticool.

Dude, i was this cose to doing that yesterday:D It'd take some adjustments to get the pieces to line up, as well as some suspension of disbelief. Maybe the rounds in the magazine are just reserves or something. It'll get done!

Edited by ElDuderino

These look great ElD!! cant wait to see more

Thank you Sagentus, hope the pics below will do for now:)

My man! Good to see updates!

The berzerkers are looking properly fantastic. Very happy to see the chainaxe one finished. I definitely want to copy him in the future.

Painted terminator looks great and glad to see there will be more right after him.

Thanks man, copy away! I'm just happy I could get my hands on these before all awesome ideas were taken for once:D

Awesome conversions!!

Thanks man!

The World Eaters' poses look passive, as if they're NOT in battle. You might as well decorate their bases with dismembered corpses, to show they're INVOLUNTARILY relaxing because they ran out of people to kill. Be sure to add lots of bloodstains on their weapons.

Fair point! Although for terminators, i fee they should be a bit lumbering. I'm not up to date on the rules, but terminators couldn't do sweeping advances back in the days, so they're bound to be a bit slower. I'll sprinkle some raptor legs among the guys to get the bloodthirst across a bit more though:)

gallery_73760_13626_103367.jpg

gallery_73760_13626_80487.jpg

This is for Hushrong i guess, makes no sense at all but whatever:D

gallery_73760_13626_115379.jpg

And one more guy. Might become a dark apostle, not sure how khorny they are but the mace more or less forces him down that career path:/

Edited by ElDuderino

You beautiful berzerker! You did it! You fething did it!!!

*wipe tear from my eye.

That warrior has no time to bleed!

New dude would make for a cool disciple. Maybe for his mortal acolytes have them carrying bags/transport netting of collected skulls.

Haha I take you don't hate him?;)

He needs some sort if chain weapon though. I should add chain teeth to the end of the barrels so he can use the whole gun as a chain drill in case he runs out of ammo.

The idea about mortal followers is not bad actually, I always loved the random robed dudes carrying books, banners or just chanting hymns in the art. A skull collector crew would be awesome. Highly dangerous work, the pay is great though

I love it.

Also digging the idea of adding teeth to the barrels. But man...that strut under the barrels looks suitable to be replaced with the length of a chainsword. If things get up close, personal, and nasty he could bring down buzzing razor teeth with the weight of a chain cannon behind it.

And yeah. I always liked Grimaldus’ mortal crew and the new DA henchmen are pretty sweet. Maybe one dude could be collecting skulls and helms of felled enemies. The other jotting their names in a book.

Damn Duderino, great conversions i must say, making everybody unique is allways great!

Also the first two guys (2-handed axe and glaive) from yesterdays post are stunning, something just catches my eye, probably because they flow so well!

I don't have the time to browse the previous fifteen pages so I'm only commenting on page sixteen.

The berzerker glaive's very existence had slipped my mind entirely until I saw your second model. Truly a model that makes me wish there was some Dynasty Warriors-like game out there based on the Warhammer 40,000 universe.

What I like most about these World Eaters is that they look like genuine berzerkers, actual space marines, rather than Age of Sigmar models obviously pretending they belong in the far future.

I do believe this universe had a so very in-character answer to your potential dark apostle's conundrum about whether maces please Khorne or not, though.

Speaking of him, while he'll certainly stand out from other World Eaters if they all have bladed weapons, I wouldn't rule blunt trauma out of the armory. Delving back to what came before, the plastic chaos warriors from the early 2000s had one mace and one hammer per weapons sprue and they still could be devoted to Khorne.

Departing from any of these three universes, I've inflicted enough thoroughly brutal killing moves with maces and two-handed hammers in Skyrim to tell you that a properly-motivated warrior will still be covered with blood once all is butchered and done...

edit: spell my job with a 'z'.

Edited by Knight of the Raven

I love it.

Also digging the idea of adding teeth to the barrels. But man...that strut under the barrels looks suitable to be replaced with the length of a chainsword. If things get up close, personal, and nasty he could bring down buzzing razor teeth with the weight of a chain cannon behind it.

And yeah. I always liked Grimaldus’ mortal crew and the new DA henchmen are pretty sweet. Maybe one dude could be collecting skulls and helms of felled enemies. The other jotting their names in a book.

I was just joking about the chain-assaultcannon:D I think a chainsword hanging from the belt will do the job.

That last one Eld :ohmy.: he looks epic and could work as a dark apostle ... defo giving me some great ideas!!!

Thanks man! Glad to inspire if that's the case, steal away:)

Damn Duderino, great conversions i must say, making everybody unique is allways great!

Also the first two guys (2-handed axe and glaive) from yesterdays post are stunning, something just catches my eye, probably because they flow so well!

I'm glad you like them, those are two of my favorites as well:)

:wub:

:blush.:

I don't have the time to browse the previous fifteen pages so I'm only commenting on page sixteen.

The berzerker glaive's very existence had slipped my mind entirely until I saw your second model. Truly a model that makes me wish there was some Dynasty Warriors-like game out there based on the Warhammer 40,000 universe.

What I like most about these World Eaters is that they look like genuine berzerkers, actual space marines, rather than Age of Sigmar models obviously pretending they belong in the far future.

I do believe this universe had a so very in-character answer to your potential dark apostle's conundrum about whether maces please Khorne or not, though.

Speaking of him, while he'll certainly stand out from other World Eaters if they all have bladed weapons, I wouldn't rule blunt trauma out of the armory. Delving back to what came before, the plastic chaos warriors from the early 2000s had one mace and one hammer per weapons sprue and they still could be devoted to Khorne.

Departing from any of these three universes, I've inflicted enough thoroughly brutal killing moves with maces and two-handed hammers in Skyrim to tell you that a properly-motivated warrior will still be covered with blood once all is butchered and done...

edit: spell my job with a 'z'.

Thanks for the in-depth comment!

Making these guys look like actual marines has been the main goal all along, a AoS shoulder pad here and there is ok i guess, but no boots allowed:)

As for the mace... I just noticed it has blades all over haha, i guess it can chop off a skull or two in a pinch. I wonder if Khorne cares that much about the condition of skulls:)

Like your blood thirsty maniacs a lot. Did cost me quite some time to read all of this, but kind of had to do it in one go.

The terminators got me hooked, I guess. The lieutenant guy (?) with the halberd is very nice as well.

Thanks for taking the time (and not pointing out just how many damn modes i have yet to finish:D)

Speaking of which....

gallery_73760_13626_86112.jpg

Morskuls excellent vehicles (http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/353501-eat-some-worlds/) inspired me to get this land raider started. I've been watching a lot of Adam Savage on youtube lately, so now i feel like i need to learn how to work with plasticard. I always liked the MKIIb land raiders, so why not start by cutting an expensive model apart?

Looking forward to seeing the LR build up! The mkIIb’s are awesome so I love seeing them, especially scratch builds. I keep seeing a YouTube recommended video and it’s that Adam Savage building a spaceship. I wonder if he did it from scratch, may check it out now.

And I never joke about chainsword bayonets :D I think Grimdark problems require Grimdark solutions :)

Looking forward to seeing the LR build up! The mkIIb’s are awesome so I love seeing them, especially scratch builds. I keep seeing a YouTube recommended video and it’s that Adam Savage building a spaceship. I wonder if he did it from scratch, may check it out now.

And I never joke about chainsword bayonets :biggrin.: I think Grimdark problems require Grimdark solutions :smile.:

There are at least two videos of him scratch building spaceships, both are great. To be fair i could watch him talk about anything.

Love your latest World Eaters kitbashes, buddy, and I hope you're aware that I'll be stealing ideas from you by the boatload! :wink:

Keep up the fantastic work! :smile.:

Thanks man! And steal away of course, it's like 40% your ideas anyways:D

Anyways, here's Wonderwall:

gallery_73760_13626_8641.jpg

gallery_73760_13626_49537.jpg

plasticard is yet another thing that's harder than it looks, but i think this is not too shabby for a first try. I even had to dust of the old trigonometry skills:) Most of what's visible is part of substructure and will get covered by plates later. And yes, the sponsons rotate;)

I’ll have to check out his vids.

And Wonderwall is shaping up nicely. Definitely will be taking notes to maybe try this in the future as I wouldn’t mind having a mkIIb kicking around. And tips on plasticard and cutting it up would be great.

I now regret my stupid wonderwall joke.

But then I ran wonderwall through google translate and came up with portentis murum, which seems a bit more fitting, so that's the name i guess:D

gallery_73760_13626_33099.jpg

gallery_73760_13626_111281.jpg

The basic structure is now done on the sponson. A bit of gaps to fill with greenstuff. and i need to make up my mind about the trim. I'm not super exited about the classic chaos trim (straight lines with some triangles here and there), but i think i'll have to settle for it. I'm not feeling confident enough to do any wierd shapes atm.

gallery_73760_13626_14136.png

I can't offer much in terms of plasticard expertise, seeing as how i started 3 nights ago. I can however share the blueprints i made for the sponson parts, if anyone is interested. CAD was a bit more precise than my trigonometry, surprise surprise. Units is mm, i've rounded up to the nearest 0.5 mm when cutting, and sanded as needed. There's another layer below that adds stability, but that's easy enough to come up with.

And i hope this isn't against any rules, let me know in that case. These are my own design, albeit based on a Forgeworld model.

Edited by ElDuderino

Haha, I like it. World Eaters show up to a party they play the best music. Land raider engines revving, lascannons bursting, and raging berzerkers gunning their chainaxes as they roar into a charge when they are let loose! Checking out the translated portentis murum that is a more awesome name!

I have to say the sponson is looking sweet. Definitely a sleek and clean build.