Elduderino's World Eaters - Juggers paint in progress

ElDuderino

The contemptor is looking awesome, the head looks very good and the teeth fit nicely. If you want to keep the carapace clean maybe you could extend the khorne icon to make a trim?

I always found Hathis' contemptors to be good inspiration. I think The Traitor is onto something there with extending the symbol of Khorne a bit 

http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_12265/gallery_93138_12265_135528.jpg

Thanks for the tip, i'll definitely keep that in mind, although i'm having a hard time to figure out exactly how to extend it. Maybe i'll move the whole symbol up to the edge of the collar so that the top of the khorne rune can be extended along the edge? So, here I sit, in quite a pickle. Weighing my options, so to speak. Hmm.

And yeah, Hathis' dreads are amazing, definitely a big inspiration. I was about to steal that whole torso until i remembered that i need that bloodthirster breastplate for my knight:)

Contemptor is definitely going to make Khorne proud! The skull head and the wiring looks awesome.

What plans do you have for the chest?

Thanks man! As seen above, the chest is far decided upon, I've done some early mock ups but I'll probably end up redoing it a bunch of times before settling on anything. As for khorne, i think he'll be pissed with perfectly good skulls getting crushed in a power fist instead of taken:)

Contemptor is definitely going to make Khorne proud! The skull head and the wiring looks awesome.

Thanks man! As seen above, the chest is far decided upon, I've done some early mock ups but I'll probably end up redoing it a bunch of times before settling on anything. As for khorne, i think he'll be pissed with perfectly good skulls getting crushed in a power fist instead of taken:)

Sacrifices have to be made. Where else are you going to get polish for ceramite armor if not by grinding skulls to dust!:wink:

I do look forward to seeing what you mock up for him.

Great looking stuff. Love, love LOVE the Terminiators!

Thanks man! Glad that you like it, I've been looking at your stuff for years:)

Extending the outer 2 prongs on the bottom on the symbol of khorne into trim would look great. Keep the breast plate you have!I gave hathis' as an example cos of the way he has the skulls on the upper torse

I actually gave this a go earlier today, it didn't work great as the round shapes intersecting means any trim going over the edge is both a bit wierdly shaped and hard to sculpt to boot. But thanks for the suggestion, it was worth a shot! I really appreciate it:)

The contemptor is looking fantastic so far! I think sculpting some trim on the armor plating would look great. The repose on the terminator looks great, looking forward to seeing more!

The contemptor is starting to look nice! I really like the head. And the new pose on ballerina-guy is way better!

Hey thank you guys, glad that the new pose is better revieved. It's still a bit wierd fromcertain angles but it's as good as it'll get i think.

Sacrifices have to be made. Where else are you going to get polish for ceramite armor if not by grinding skulls to dust!:wink:

I do look forward to seeing what you mock up for him.

I'll make sure to paint him up real shiny then haha:D

gallery_73760_13626_60354.jpg

gallery_73760_13626_83377.jpg

As stated above, no real progress on the contemptor today, just a lot of green stuff in the trash can. I did however try out the new arm i did for my lord, as well as a new sword (the last one got lost in a drop pod accident, never to be found again). Sorry for the lousy pictures, it's a bit late but I'm kinda pleased with myself over this, especially the joints in the armor, never menaged to get that to look this good before:) Oh, and please disregard hos butt armor, that mess will get covered up by a cloak:D

Something more substantial next time, i promise!

Thanks folks!

Yeah he's a bit of a frankensteins monster, as far as i can tell there's pieces from 5 sets in there:)

And i kinda agree on the claw, I'm not really sold on it myself. There's something cool about the asymmetry that comes with a fist or claw though, if only there were any better alternatives for the right hand... The claws from the warp talons are a bit too small though, and i don't really like the knuckle iron look of the loyalist version. Oh well.

More to come, although the pace might drop a bit since i'm starting on a new job on monday, I'll try to keep it up though! The missus just started rewatching true blood so that frees up some hobby time at least:)

So, after a couple of attempts I'm finally reasonably happy with the chest plate! More lousy pictures unfortunately, can't find the time to take any proper ones with the new job and all.

gallery_73760_13626_37174.jpg

gallery_73760_13626_39855.jpg

I went with the skull necklace, mostly because I couldn't come up with any good looking trim, lord knows I tried though:)

I also added some rivets, electronics wire in drill holes is by far the easiest method I've tried yet. Maybe not the most tidy results but it's better than gs balls at least!

Stay tuned for more! Also, thanks for all comments and likes so far, good that I got some attention before my crappy painting scares you off:D

Edited by ElDuderino

I'm so glad that you all like it, it felt like a cop-out to be honest, but maybe it's not so bad. Now to decide whether to try sculpting chains onto the string or not. I can't really see it working, but maybe i'll give it a shot when i've got some spare GS. 

In other new, the two last terminators are incoming, i'm a bit low on inspiration for them though. How about a juggernaut instead? 

A juggernaut is always the right answer. :D

Awesome work all around, man. Loving the contemptor especially. I think since you've used the wire/string, it would look better to stick with it as opposed to sculpting chain links. I prefer jewelry chain to sculpting it, seems like a nightmare, but if you're up to a challenge... :P

A juggernaut is always the right answer. :D

Awesome work all around, man. Loving the contemptor especially. I think since you've used the wire/string, it would look better to stick with it as opposed to sculpting chain links. I prefer jewelry chain to sculpting it, seems like a nightmare, but if you're up to a challenge... :P

Haha yeah i can see how you would think that:D thanks!

The jeweler chain might just work, maybe I'll pay the crafts store a visit tomorrow...

The Chaos Lord is looking excellent -- I am really glad that you have decided to go with the earlier legs, as they just seem more original (and more convincing as Terminator legs to boot). The sword works really well. If I have one suggestion, it's that maybe one of the Raptor/Warp Talon lightning claws might work even better for his right hand: I am thinking of the one I used on my Iron Warriors Terminator Lord here:

warsmith-greimolt-sturm-of-the-iron-warr

Back when you first posted that Termie Lord, I remember pointing out that I thought he'd look awesome with some kind of cape or tabard, similar to the one worn by the old metal Chaos Lord/Sorcerer from the Medusa V campaign, and seeing how you don't seem to be shy about GS addition, I'd just like to reiterate that point ;)

The Contemptor is starting to look really awesome as well! Love the spliced together head, and the breastplate looks really cool as well! You cannot go wrong with skulls on a string! :)

Keep up the excellent work!

Thanks for the input Kraut!

I'll definitely try that lightning claw, it's extremely close to the one he has already, but more elegant. A weapon for a more civilized age:) I was certain that those would look puny on a terminator but now I just have to give it a go!

As for the tabbard... believe it or not, I really don't feel confident enough in my gs abilities to try that yet. Maybe I'll try on somebother models. But I have the feeling that that particular style of tabard might be hard to get right.

Anyways! I made a jugger-rider tonight and I'm pretty damn pleased with the results. Unfortunately it's way too dark to take any decent pictures, so I'll have to get back to you all tomorrow! And maybe a peek of the contemptor arms!

Juggaknots re:release!

Some of you might've seen two of these before but i'll just go ahead and post them again:) Still very WIP, chains are not necessarily glued or even long enough to make sense, but i really felt like sharing something now to keep the momentum up:)

gallery_73760_13626_118726.jpg

gallery_73760_13626_109493.jpg

gallery_73760_13626_73795.jpg

gallery_73760_13626_139437.jpg

gallery_73760_13626_124215.jpg

I'm thinking of tearing the horns off of the last guy, they just seem a bit uninspired and un-khorny. And he need a weapon of course! I'm almost inclined to give him a meltagun, as it would make some sort of wierd sense to go tank hunting while riding a daemonic mount. I think it would look kinda cool too if he held it by the grip like on this old guy:

http://store.wargamingtrader.com/system/files/imagecache/product_full/X1196%20-%20Space%20Marine%20Bikers%20with%20Metal%20Torsos%20x%202%20%20%20%20%2011-07-1.jpg

But it almost seems like a sin to not go all berzerker and arm him with some giant chain axe or similar:biggrin.:

Thanks for looking as always!

Edited by ElDuderino