Questions on building a GK force

DoomulusPrime

So, i've given my old Grey Knights to my friend who was interested in getting into 40k.  Now with 8th out and the new GK codex, he's looking to expand the army a bit to fit better into the 8th way of building armies.  But since i'm a devout follower of Lorgar, and i haven't played GKs since early 5th ed., i thought it better to reach out to those who have a bit more experience with corpse-worshiping than i.  

**Death to the False Emperor!!**

Ahem.

So, my friend now has:

1 GK Character with Force Sword and Storm bolter (& terminator armor)

10 GK termies (2 w/ Daemon Hammers (used as Justicars in the past), 2 w/ halberd/psycannon, 4 w/ halberd, and 2 w/ sword) --I ran these as 2 squads.

10 PA GKs (painted with white helms to use as purifiers) (1 w/ Daemon hammer, 5 w/ halberd, and 4 w/ psycannon)

1 Forge World GK Dreadnought with two twin autocannon (aslo has 1 GK force weapon arm available)

1 Nemesis Dreadknight with Sword and Heavy Psycannon

5 GK Interceptors (1 Daemon hammer, 3 halberds, 1 psycannon)

Also, i gave him a Knight Paladin a couple years back for Christmas, so he has a nice Lord of War to use too.

So, what else should he get to build this army effectively?

I had been thinking (after a cursory look through his new GK Codex yesterday), that he should pick up Grandmaster Voldus for another HQ, some Paladins with an apothecary and banner bearer nearby, and another Dreadknight.   I also really thought that that converted GK Chaplain looked pretty bad-ass...but i dont know if it's considered any good. 

What do you guys think of those additions? Anything else you would add in? Anything he shouldn't get?  How would you equip any new additions to the army?

Thanks for your time guys.

Special Characters: OK Voldus (btw, if you still find somebody that intends to split a Triumvirate of Primarch box then our named GM is way cheaper than the solo blister), but IMHO the true must-have of the edition is His Majesty Lord Draigo :D Also, if your gaming group/meta is filled with horde armies, Crowe is a good idea too.

HQs: a 5-man PAGK box is a good idea to carve out a couple of Bro Champs, and with a Paladin box your friend can easily obtain the other HQs (Libby, Chappy, Bro Cap...). Moreover, his current NDK is armed in almost the right way (according to me at least) to run as a NDKGM, just add him the G psilencer.

Troops: MORE PAGKs! At least, I'd reach 30 of them (and the best equip to me is 7 pair of falchions, 1 daemon hammer to the Justicar, 8 bolters and 2 psilencers).

Transports: I'd go for at least a couple of Razorbacks, which are versatile enough to range from cheap deploy abaters to good shooty platforms.

Elites: maybe the only convenient choices here are Paladins/Ancients/Apos if you go for multi-wound hero lists (best equip is falchions + hammer + psilencer as well) and/or shooting Dreddies to just fill the battlefield for deepstriking units.

Fast Attack: given our *vast* choice here, at least other 10 Interceptors I'd say (see PAGKs/Pallies for equip).

Heavy Support: unlike one may believe, DKs are *not* mandatory anymore, so I'd save money here (in general, the HS section is currently the less mandatory to be filled for GKs).

Flyers: a Stormraven is a must - then, another one is too. I'd also consider the Stormtalon option, that can give you a cheap option to unlock the Air Wing detachment for additional CPs.

My 2 cents :P

To me, a good selection of models GKs, right now, would be:

2 dreadknights (GMNDKs are one of the most powerful units in the codex, I would play at least one in every list)

15 strikes

10 terminators

2 razorbacks

1 stormraven

Voldus and Draigo (you should have them just for how cool they are, anyway)

I'd also strongly suggest to purchase some assorted terminator models (apothecary, ancient, different weapons for your paladins), the third razorback and 5 more strikes.

After that, it all depends on how much you want to spend, which units do you like and how strict your gaming group is about WYSIWYG. If you want a "complete" GK army you should think about picking some interceptors and dreadnoughts, maybe a land raider. They are not very good right now, but you never know, and it's nice to have some variety. They are also very cool models.