Akrims R&H 2K Batrep

Akrim

Hey guys,I figured with our big painting drive underway I would do a small batrep for coffee break time. Here goes:

Mission: Maelstrom - Tactical Escalation (For Tactical Priority I select Secure & Control, my opponent takes Purge objectives (you score an addition point when you score these types of objectives)

Deployment: Spearhead

Force 1 - Kor'bath Brigade - Judex Battalion
Battalion Detachment:
Renegade Commander (brutal weapon, plas pistol) **Nurgle Covenant
(2) Malefic Lords

(20) Renegade Militia (4 flamers, 15 lasguns)

(20) Renegade Militia  (4 flamers, 15 lasguns)
(30) Mutants (29 shotguns, Champ - power axe, las pistol)

(10) Disciples (plasma/lascannon)

(10) Disciples (plasma/lascannon)

(3) Chaos Spawn
Hellhound

(3) Heavy Quad Launchers
(2) Medusa Carriage Battery

Vanguard Detachment:
Malefic Lord
Renegade Enforcer (Fist, Lpistol)
Renegade Enforcer (Power Maul, Lpistol)

Renegade Enforcer (Power Sword, Plasma Pistol)
Ogryn Beast Handler (6 Hounds)
3 Ogryn Brutes (Drill)
3 Ogryn Brutes (Drill)

Chimera (Multi-las, HBolter)
Chimera (Multi-las, HFlamer)

Aegis Defence Line (Quad Gun)

Force 2 - Adeptus Astartes - Ultramarines Battalion (Ive likely made a couple mistakes here, but close enough)

Marneus Calgar
Ancient
Apothecary
Primaris Lieutenant

(5-6) Hellblasters
(10) Primaris Marines (plasma weapons?)
(5) Sniper Scouts
(3) Aggressors

Redemptor Dread (Heavy Gatling Cannon)
Redemptor Dread (Plasma)
Repulsor Tank (lascannons and gatling gun)
(3) Intercessors

Deployment: As you can see the battle takes place in a dense industrial complex, my artillery and Disciples dig in within the Aegis gun pits. The rest forming the spearhead, Enforcers embedded within the Militia and Mutants. Ultras take up a dense formation to my left flank. 

http://i.imgur.com/sYocB6s.jpg

Renegade Turn 1: I get first turn, I draw Secure Objective 6 on my left flank, my Ogryn Chimera blitzes toward it for a score. Infantry wave advances quickly in the wake of the Spawn, other Chimera up the middle. Quads attempt to shell the Hellblasters (despite rolling several shots and wounds only get one). Medusas shell the Repulsor, shaving off some wounds with one hit. Disciples manning the gun pit Aegis have few targets and nail a Sniper off the central tower, other fails to hit, small arms out of range. Quad Gun fails to flush the remaining well concealed Scouts.

Ultras turn 1: The Astartes return fire is furious, the Hellhound is annihilated by the Repulsor. The Mutants in the front wave are raked by gatling fire from the Redemptors. One of the Quad Launchers is knocked out of action (by the Repulsors gatling gun iirc). My Maelific Lord with the Militia is targeted by the Sniper Scouts and loses 2 wounds. Ogryn Chimera that blitzed is knocked out of action by the Hellblasters. One of my Enforcers executes 3 Mutants to stop them from breaking. Opponent scores First Blood and a Purge point.

http://i.imgur.com/vN7FYcH.jpg

Renegade Turn 2: The Renegade advance continues into the fire storm. The Ogryn Chimera2, Militia and Spawn continue their advance on the right flank to score another Secure Objective, closing in on the Sniper Scouts position. The Quad guns shell the Primaris, again scoring many hits and wounds but only causing 1.5 casualties.

Medusas and Disciples target the Repulsor, destroying it. Ogryn and Maleific Lord emerge from their wrecked Chimera and charge the Hellblasters (after casting Warp Flux doing a couple wounds). Ogryn Beast Handler and his Hounds charge into the Techmarine which emerged from the Repulsor. 

My Ogryn must have procured some bad combat drugs, the Handler and 1 Ogryn drop dead of cardiac arrest (despite using a command point to reroll, blarg!) But they successfully overrun the Hellbasters. The uncontrolled hounds die after Marneus rushes in to help the beleaguered Techmarine.

The surviving Mutants clamber over the corpses of their comrades and charge into the Primaris Tac Marines, wildly firing their shotguns. The Mutant boss unexpectedly axes a wounded marine!

Ultra Turn 2: The Redemptor Dreads advance and begin firing on the Medusas damaging one and decimating a unit of Militia. The Ogryn and Lord emerging victorious from fighting the Hellbasters are cut down by massed bolter fire. Intercessors deep strike in and finish off a damaged Medusa gun. The remaining Mutants are eradicated by the Primaris marines bolters falling back. I believe he scored one point this turn.

http://i.imgur.com/H89YycI.jpg 
Renegade Turn 3: Most of my assault wave on the left is dead. Quads and Disciples return fire on the Intercessors, killing them. The Spawn rush the tower, savaging the remaining Scout snipers from the tower. The Ogryn and Militia on the right flank advance deeper into the Astartes deployment zones and score another Secure Objective point as do the Disciples in the gun pit. Medusas fire on the gatling Redemptor, stripping some wounds. Ogryns on the right disembark and advance behind the tower. Aggressors lose about half their number from Quad guns.

Ultras Turn 3: Plasma Redemptor and Primaris marines fire on the last Chimera (Big Game Hunter) destroying it. One of the Spawn are shot to death from bolter fire.

Renegades Turn 4: My Renegade Ogryn emerge from behind the tower and assisted by the Malefic Lord with Unnatural Vigor rush a half squad of Primaris Marines killing them (Scoring a point iirc). Apothecary dies from the Quad Gun, line of sight and positioning making him the closest target.

Ultras Turn 4: Gatling Redemptor targets the Quad Gun heavily damaging one gun. Ogryn are surrounded and cut down by the remaining Primaris Marines and the Plasma Redemptor.

This was the final turn as I had to run so we had to call the battle early. Final score was 6-3 I believe.

After thoughts:

-I was actually happy with this list. The Quad Guns are quite similar to Wyverns, lots of shots but they do marginal damage against MEQs. The Malefic Lords did good for their points, causing some Smite wounds and Warp Flux damage, nobody went Hulk mode. I can see this army can do board control well, flooding it with assault troops and armored IFVs. The Disciples did well, couple of Lascannons and Plasmas at BS3 with ablative wounds. The Aegis/Quad didnt do a ton but I imagine it will be nice to have against intruding Flyers. Medusas were pretty good, not sure if I like them more than Basilisks but the models are really sweet.

Till next time!

-Ak

Edited by Akrim

Love your army! Big ghouls for spawn, the mutant mix, really wanna get a box of neophytes for those shotties!

Also nice photos and writeup. Its really appreciated and helps with motivation to get my own stuff painted up.

Glad to hear Disciples were worth taking. Also almost forgot about my unit of spawn!

Thanks very much. Even though they died i thought that the mechanized Ogryn made a great blitz unit.

Spawn are another great assault unit. They arent bargain-basement like before but still very effective.

I really like the Neos kit too, funny enough theyre all quite identical to real life shotguns (Remingtons, Brownings, etc), the taloned hands are very mutant like.