Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Gangers welcome?

Necromunda game Necromunda gangs

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

Cyrox

Cyrox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,852 posts
With the recent reveal of Necromunda and the forum now being open to Guard and Xenos, would we be able to post our Necromunda Gangs in the Forge?

Will there be a subforum for it?

It's going to be hugely popular again, hopefully we can talk it about it here, I think it would be a shame if we can't
  • WingCommander and walter h like this

"I remember when Ragnar Blackmane had blond hair and this was aaaallll fields....."

gallery_60566_6038_4617.gif tn_gallery_60566_6038_42067.jpg gallery_60566_6038_1993.gif

Chaplain Dosjetka

Chaplain Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 10,096 posts
All of 40k means all of 40k. :tu:

As for a new subforum, we'll wait and see after the game is released what the level of popularity is. If it's enough to warrant a subforum, we'll let you know. In the meantime, the Other Games subforum is a good place to go to talk abour Necromunda and any other game that isn't 40k 8th Edition or FW's HH.
  • Cyrox, walter h and Fallen Dark Angel like this

gallery_45765_5904_30693.png

Forum Rules | Imperial Fists (& Successors) | Liber Astartes

"There is no enemy. The foe on the battlefield is merely the manifestation of that which we must overcome. He is doubt, and fear, and despair.

Every battle is fought within. Conquer the battlefield that lies inside you, and the enemy disappears like the illusion he is."

- attributed to Rogal Dorn

Olis

Olis

++ REDEMPTIO CALIDUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 15,212 posts

Like Dos has already said, chances are, Necromunda stuff will go in the Other Games sub unless it proves insanely popular. As for painting stuff and plogs... the Forge should be an okay venue for it if not the Other Games sub. :)

• Cyrox likes this
gallery_60566_6038_10057.jpg
gallery_60566_6038_15153.png

Cowriter of the Guilliman Heresy Project. First Thread. Second Thread.

B&C forum rules: Linky. Octavulg's IA guide: Linky. DIY Article Templates: Linky.

He that never changes his opinions, never corrects his mistakes, will never be wiser on the morrow than he is today. - Tryon Edwards

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

++ EXPLORATOR BIOLOGIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 5,142 posts
  • Chapter Name: Stoneburners
Necromunda models have been welcome in the Forge this whole time...
My DA Successor Chapter DIY - Stoneburners: Index Astartes Stoneburners
Posted Here: Stoneburners WiP - DA Forum
Completed Squads: Stoneburners - Hall of Honor Forum
Other Material Here (Angels on both sides of the War and Wolves): PCA WiP Forum
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Canadian_F_H

Canadian_F_H

++ SECTURATOR BIPENNIFER ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,845 posts
  • Chapter Name: Black Templars

Thats what I thought too!

As for a sub... well, traffic determines that. If other games gets clogged up with Munda stuff then yeah obviously we will look at that. What I wonder is other games subable itself? That's more of a board mechanics issue...

Chaplain Dosjetka

Chaplain Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 10,096 posts
I believe it is but there's never been enough popularity with any "other game" to warrant it.

gallery_45765_5904_30693.png

Forum Rules | Imperial Fists (& Successors) | Liber Astartes

"There is no enemy. The foe on the battlefield is merely the manifestation of that which we must overcome. He is doubt, and fear, and despair.

Every battle is fought within. Conquer the battlefield that lies inside you, and the enemy disappears like the illusion he is."

- attributed to Rogal Dorn

Cyrox

Cyrox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,852 posts

Thanks chaps :)

I looked at the list of games mentioned in the rules post in 'Other Games', but couldn't see Necromunda on the list

I guess with never seeing any i figured they might not be allowed - good to hear

"I remember when Ragnar Blackmane had blond hair and this was aaaallll fields....."

gallery_60566_6038_4617.gif tn_gallery_60566_6038_42067.jpg gallery_60566_6038_1993.gif

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 18,597 posts
  • Chapter Name: VIIth Legion
I've updated the Other Games forum rules.

Necromunda is allowed for discussion/display here, both the game and the gangs/models.
  • Cyrox, Olis and Isinfier like this

gallery_26_548_2975.gif
gallery_26_548_5714.png
gallery_26_548_11725.gif

Isinfier

Isinfier

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,642 posts

If you wanted to gauge interest in a future Necromunda sub-forum, arranging for a member to run a conversion challenge in the Forge might be the way forward. It'd certainly build a level of hype for the system, and the conversion challenges are always a blast. Far more than the painting challenges.

• Kierdale likes this

If you're using grimdark unironically you're part of the problem.

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,607 posts
  • Chapter Name: Chaos and Wolves

So do I stick my Munda thread in the Other games section or the Wip area??

Explorer in the further regions of experience; Demon to some, Angel to others.

gallery_30308_9518_15054.pnggallery_60566_6038_826.gifgallery_29004_9303_22505.pnggallery_60566_6038_4617.gifgallery_30308_9518_15054.png

Blog - Gates of Helvete

“Just erotic. Nothing kinky. It's the difference between using a feather and using a chicken.” - Terry Pratchett, Eric

Olis

Olis

++ REDEMPTIO CALIDUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 15,212 posts

So do I stick my Munda thread in the Other games section or the Wip area??

Take your pick. Both, if you like.

gallery_60566_6038_10057.jpg
gallery_60566_6038_15153.png

Cowriter of the Guilliman Heresy Project. First Thread. Second Thread.

B&C forum rules: Linky. Octavulg's IA guide: Linky. DIY Article Templates: Linky.

He that never changes his opinions, never corrects his mistakes, will never be wiser on the morrow than he is today. - Tryon Edwards

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,607 posts

Just a quick question, I thought I would ask here rather than start a whole new thread for something that could just be a yes/no answer. 

We have a Films that inspired Necromunda thread (great idea IMHO, theres some good stuff out there) but I feel once we have gone through all the films with a Munda vibe that thread will soon die off and be forgotten, would it be ok if I start a general Inspiration thread? 

Then we can all share things that give us ideas like disused factory's, music, architecture, books, paintings etc. I think in the long term the thread could be a great place for new players and old to get ideas, share stuff that inspires them or just to bounce ideas off each other. 

Also I have seen similar inspiration threads elsewhere on the noosphere and they have been going for years, naturally the Frater here will only get out of it what we put into it, I dont have that much stuff on my hard drive to keep everybody happy. :lol:

Basically I thought I would ask so the other games section dont get cluttered up with threads with similar themes.

Look at me adulting, asking mature questions instead of moaning about how bad 8th ed and Primaris marines being silly. :P

gallery_30308_9518_15054.pnggallery_60566_6038_826.gifgallery_29004_9303_22505.pnggallery_60566_6038_4617.gifgallery_30308_9518_15054.png

Blog - Gates of Helvete

“Just erotic. Nothing kinky. It's the difference between using a feather and using a chicken.” - Terry Pratchett, Eric

SW1

SW1

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,362 posts
  • Chapter Name: Vlyka Fenryka
Hmmm ... I've decided to have my main WIP in the WIP area but when asking for ideas etc I've posted in the Other Games section.

StD - Your Necromunda threads rock! Getting plenty of ideas bounced around which is good.
  • Slave to Darkness likes this

ETL_2013_03_Custos_Fidei_04.jpgETL_2013_Forum_Champion_05_SW.jpgETL_2013_Forum_Champion_13_Brothers_in_A

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,607 posts

Hmmm ... I've decided to have my main WIP in the WIP area but when asking for ideas etc I've posted in the Other Games section.

StD - Your Necromunda threads rock! Getting plenty of ideas bounced around which is good.

Cheers bro. :tu: 'Munda was a big part of my younger days and I am still very passionate about it, I love the early fluff in Confrontation and the early chapters of Ian Watsons Space Marine :wub:

Blog - Gates of Helvete

SW1

SW1

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,362 posts
  • Chapter Name: Vlyka Fenryka

Cheers bro. :tu: 'Munda was a big part of my younger days and I am still very passionate about it, I love the early fluff in Confrontation and the early chapters of Ian Watsons Space Marine :wub:

Lol ... I think I've played more games of Necromunda than 40k. When I was a youngling it was my main game an I've collected a huge number of models to play 40k but never really got into gaming with them. *hangs head in shame*

ETL_2013_03_Custos_Fidei_04.jpgETL_2013_Forum_Champion_05_SW.jpgETL_2013_Forum_Champion_13_Brothers_in_A

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,607 posts

Oh I'll deffo give them a good home as you have neglected them... You bad bad man!!! ;)

Blog - Gates of Helvete

Kurgan the Lurker

Kurgan the Lurker

++ INQUISITUS EXTERMINATI ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 18,319 posts
  • Chapter Name: Vultures

Suggestion noted and addressed. Please take up the conversation in PM. 

The Cult of Orange -- None Can Withstand Our Color!

The Universe is a very big place and no matter what happens....you will not be missed.

Duck Blind Miniatures - The website has been gone for a long time so I've put up a FaceBook page to show what photos I have left or may add in the future.

"And maybe the Traitor Legions would come to their senses, renounce the Ruinous Powers and return to the light of the Emperor." -- Ciaphis Cain on the likelihood of a Mawloc being scared off by a melta blast.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Necromunda game, Necromunda gangs

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users