Your Relic Choice(s)?

Iron Father Ferrum

Personally, I'm a fan of making my Iron Captain as tanky as possible, so my first choice for a relic is the Shield Eternal.  Combined with the Iron Resolve Warlord Trait and our Chapter Tactics, plus some Terminator plate for that 2+ save, it makes for a pretty survivable character.

That being said, I'm curious what my fellow Medusans prefer to use.  What relic do you reach for first when building your army?  Do you expend precious CPs on extra relics?  If so, which ones and why?

I preaty much prefer Axe of Medusa on my captain on the bike (yes, he was a Raukaan CM in the past, I just switched TH for the power axe). He is quite survivable with storm shield accompanied with warlord trait for 1W and 6+FNP and quite damaging with the S6 ap-2 D2 4 attacks on 2+ with re-rolling 1s. He also provides buff to all my razorbacks that he can easily catch up with.

The only issue is that it is dangerous to run him in the field, as he dies quickly to few lucky shots from lascannons etc.

I think I'm leaning towards the Axe too. Though options are of course limited with weapons it's still pretty nifty. The enhanced toughness WT is solid and also suitable for IH as well as being a reliable choice for any build :smile.: I don't think CPs are worth burning on extra relics until you get to larger games where you can cushion this and have the points for another character to take full advantage - certainly not for three relics.

Shield Eternal sounds like a good idea if you want to go monster hunting, probably with a TH or something? I did always want to create a TDA Captain...

I run the Iron Resolve, Shield Eternal, on a bike with a hammer.  Same as last edition, just not as over the top.  

The shield eternal lets him catch lascannon shots better than a Dread. 

It's still silly for me to let that happen cause he's on a bike=).

At smaller points levels, where I have a techmarine on bike with no captain, I take the axe o medusa.   It's a good free weapon.

Edited by Timur

Was curious, is it fine to use Armor Indominatus on LR excelsior? He is a character after all.

hm, and giving him our warlord trait is quite powerful (additional shot on 6+), for all those lascannons.

Errr...well.  I will say that there's nothing in the codex that specifically says that only infantry or biker models can take relics.  That being said, the LR Excelsior -- and the Chaplain Dreadnought for that -- are not in the codex so it's entirely possible that you can't put a relic on a model taken from outside the codex?

In either case, that's something that needs an errata to prevent exactly this sort of conversation.

Was curious, is it fine to use Armor Indominatus on LR excelsior? He is a character after all.

hm, and giving him our warlord trait is quite powerful (additional shot on 6+), for all those lascannons.

Errr...well.  I will say that there's nothing in the codex that specifically says that only infantry or biker models can take relics.  That being said, the LR Excelsior -- and the Chaplain Dreadnought for that -- are not in the codex so it's entirely possible that you can't put a relic on a model taken from outside the codex?

In either case, that's something that needs an errata to prevent exactly this sort of conversation.

Well yeah, I agree as reading through the wording that this was not intended and so I will not be "that guy". But I see totally possible giving warlord trait to our LR Excelsior. I have mobile HQ in this LR, isnt it fluffy? :)

So, thinking what would be better, +1wound and 6+ FNP or additional shots on 6+ (assuming he has lasconnons)

Too bad you don't keep getting shots if you keep rolling 6's.  I feel our WL trait to be underwhelming and take Iron Resolve.  Even on a LR if I were to do it.

Oh, it's very underwhelming.  Iron Resolve is much more our "thing."