Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Triszin's Tau log: Titanfall Themed, Legion WIP latest post

• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

Triszin

Triszin

++ MODERATI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,370 posts

starting my tau, figuring out the paint scheme right now - it's based off of the Militia from Titanfall.

Goal I've started:

Firewarriors and breachers and all units will be mixed species, with armor sculpted on kroot and humans either in scion armor or sculpted on IG.

background idea behind them:

This remnant Tau force was once part of the 4th sphere expansion, when they were swallowed by the great rift they were sent to an unkown sector of space to the tau. the Ghoul star system, where space itself is distorting.

Given the numerous loses the Tau took in the warp and subsequent battles when re-emerging from warp space, the casualties have caused the survivors to rethink parts of the greater good. amending or adding to them. Now any able bodied warrior for the greater good can be trained as firewarrirors, to fill in the absent ranks. A 10 man breacher team is now composed of 5 tau, 3 kroot and 2 humans, all trained together and perform up to par.

this thinking goes to all branches of the military now, and the earth caste has been busy modifying interiors/chasis of the suits to accommodate other species, Kroot are now the go to pilots for the Ghost keel suits and xv25 stealth battlesuits.

k5hu9ug.jpg?1

Edited by Triszin, 29 June 2018 - 06:46 PM.

• Doghouse, Trevak Dal, Brother Handro and 1 other like this
banana

Triszin

Triszin

++ MODERATI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,370 posts

minor update

9fdvSDD.jpg?1

• Doghouse, mithrilforge, elmo and 2 others like this
banana

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,133 posts
  • Faction: Knights of Baal

Awesome stealth effect. Doesn't look particularly stealthy but it's very interesting to look at. ;)

• Triszin likes this

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpg

Triszin

Triszin

++ MODERATI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,370 posts

ya, was testing out an idea I had for perspective stealth, In the future I think I might make the triangles (i know i need to make these better in the future, probably with epoxy) into color gradient prisms. 

I like the green and tan/orange the most right now about it

banana

Doghouse

Doghouse

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,189 posts
  • Faction: Summoners

I like the effect mate especially with the yellow pillar. It has a very predator uncloaking feel to it.

• Triszin likes this

TRUESCALE SPACE MARINE TUTORIAL

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Spoiler

mithrilforge

mithrilforge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,190 posts
  • Faction: 40k - xenos & ad-mech

not bad, what kind of scheme's did you have in mind militia wise?...as in whats your base suit colour and secondary colours etc greens (castellan,deathworld forest etc) are great for that Titanfall feel with yellow,orange and white all making good secondary colours... A Tau force done up like the mech's and pilots would be very awesome to see...wub.gif

Look forwards to seeing what comes of this!!

cheers and good luck, Mithril

also, these heads from Anvil might look cool on some Tau (they have that Stim pilot look cool.png )

gallery_9146_6928_12318.jpg

• Triszin, elmo and walter h like this

gallery_70393_10089_1851.png PtR_Black_Pearl_Badge.jpgETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei02.gifETL_Medal_02.gifgallery_48988_6285_17537.pngETL_2016_Badge_10_Badge_of_the_Artificergallery_6494_6331_8260.png

MajorNese-  In the grim darkness of the near future, there is only complaints. biggrin.png

Triszin

Triszin

++ MODERATI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,370 posts

update on building

Tau Commander TONE: (cyclonic, airburst, drone controller, stim injector)

ZRU0xH6.jpg

9p8wjjH.jpg

breacher team: Multi xeno

IQf9dIl.jpg

• mithrilforge, Honda, elmo and 1 other like this
banana

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,133 posts
I really wish the airburst was worth taking. A Commander with 4 AFP sounds pretty awesome. Just needs more shots at better range.

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpg

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,133 posts
The added bitz on the Commander look pretty sweet. Just missing the shoulder pad. tongue.png

The Breacher with the high leg tho...lmfao.

Disclaimer:

walter h

walter h

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 527 posts

not bad, what kind of scheme's did you have in mind militia wise?...as in whats your base suit colour and secondary colours etc greens (castellan,deathworld forest etc) are great for that Titanfall feel with yellow,orange and white all making good secondary colours... A Tau force done up like the mech's and pilots would be very awesome to see...wub.gif

Look forwards to seeing what comes of this!!

cheers and good luck, Mithril

also, these heads from Anvil might look cool on some Tau (they have that Stim pilot look cool.png )

gallery_9146_6928_12318.jpg

These are great looking I didn't notice them before.

• mithrilforge likes this

gallery_30308_9518_48142.png

Triszin

Triszin

++ MODERATI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,370 posts

The added bitz on the Commander look pretty sweet. Just missing the shoulder pad. tongue.png

I uhh, put his shoulder pad on his chest...

as for the scheme, lots of greens and darks will be grey/black. markings will be vibrant orange

• walter h likes this
banana

walter h

walter h

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 527 posts
@Triszen,enjoying your approach to these.

gallery_30308_9518_48142.png

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,133 posts

I uhh, put his shoulder pad on his chest...

But is it still a shoulder pad then? You know what I meant. :P

Disclaimer:

Firenze

Firenze

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,123 posts
  • Faction: XX Legion, Raptors

Oh wow I like this army. I kinda made a few Titanfall styled bits in my Tau army but there still is a lot of Gundam in it XD Can wait to see where this goes.

Also if you dont make a Legion Riptide with the burst cannon I shall be dissapointed!

"Stop blindly obeying the words of the book and look at the situation. You have completed your training, but you must now learn to apply it. Regurgitation is not the answer, simple analysis and thought must be used to solve the problem!" — Captain Maodes Karib, Raptors 5th Company

http://benjis-hub.tumblr.com/

Triszin

Triszin

++ MODERATI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,370 posts

Oh wow I like this army. I kinda made a few Titanfall styled bits in my Tau army but there still is a lot of Gundam in it XD Can wait to see where this goes.

Also if you dont make a Legion Riptide with the burst cannon I shall be dissapointed!

I started working out who would be who if I ever made them.

Tone: COmmander

ION: COmmander

Ronin: COmmander

monarch: coldstar

Northstar: broadside/coldstar

Scorch: ghostkeel/commander fire

legion: riptide

• Firenze likes this
banana

Triszin

Triszin

++ MODERATI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,370 posts

so I uhh

bit the figurative bullet and bought the parts I need to make scorch(ghostkeel) and northstar (broadside)

-.-

• mithrilforge and General Strike like this
banana

mithrilforge

mithrilforge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,190 posts
What will the northstar colours be like? You should try to copy one of the games schemes that has your cour palette in it?, (gee I miss that mech, sniping scorches through choke points) although jump packs in titanfall2 are not quite the same as tau ones , you get shot at more instead of less!,
Look fwd to seeing your work soon,
Cheers, Mithril

gallery_70393_10089_1851.png PtR_Black_Pearl_Badge.jpgETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei02.gifETL_Medal_02.gifgallery_48988_6285_17537.pngETL_2016_Badge_10_Badge_of_the_Artificergallery_6494_6331_8260.png

MajorNese-  In the grim darkness of the near future, there is only complaints. biggrin.png

Triszin

Triszin

++ MODERATI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,370 posts

@ Mithrilforge

all my Tau will be painted in the Titanfall Milita Faction color scheme, Greens and browns, with orange marking

-------------------------------------------

some of my tau are based, and figuring out the scheme right now.

breacher team

YgkRrVm.jpg

commander: (still have to build his drones)

s1wUwoX.jpg

WIP Drone controller:

h1zifP7.jpg

jzJoIg3.jpg

• mithrilforge, Azekai, elmo and 1 other like this
banana

Captain_Krash

Captain_Krash

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 857 posts
  • Faction: Lamenters

Love your fluff you should expand on it maybe a short story of there time in the Ghoul stars. Great work on the models as well.

Keep it up!

Krash

Edited by Captain_Krash, 11 October 2017 - 11:12 AM.

• Triszin and walter h like this

Ad Victoriam

Triszin

Triszin

++ MODERATI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,370 posts

I plan on it.

started converting a Kroot into an ethereal, (logic behind this is the Ethereals were ambushed and dieing, so the last ethereal ordered kroot to eat there remains, so that they may take there place until they reunite with real ethereals again.

also got the body for Scorch (flame ghsotkeel) and northstar (boradside) put together, will post pics later this week

banana

Triszin

Triszin

++ MODERATI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,370 posts

wip on northstar

yi6kaPa.jpg

CcSaWbM.jpg

• mithrilforge likes this
banana

mithrilforge

mithrilforge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,190 posts

Yes...we see the potential with this! can't wait to see the end product thumbsup.gif  nice use of Ad-mech strider chassis.

Mithril

Triszin

Triszin

++ MODERATI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,370 posts

scorch wip, and magnetized northstars gun

YMdAMwB.jpg

2AjGmHq.jpg

ej6eu54.jpg

Edited by Triszin, 06 November 2017 - 02:22 AM.

• fisheyedbunny likes this
banana

Firenze

Firenze

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,123 posts
  • Faction: XX Legion, Raptors

I am in love with that Scorch daddy <3

• Triszin likes this
"Stop blindly obeying the words of the book and look at the situation. You have completed your training, but you must now learn to apply it. Regurgitation is not the answer, simple analysis and thought must be used to solve the problem!" — Captain Maodes Karib, Raptors 5th Company

http://benjis-hub.tumblr.com/

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,133 posts

I am in love with that Scorch daddy <3

I read Scotch daddy.....I might have a problem. :D

• Firenze and Triszin like this

Disclaimer:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users