Would you find this acceptable at your gaming group/table?

Bulwyf

skeptical of the provenance of theses frater who don't accept proxying, I'm not sure these people actually game or frequent clubs, I have never met someone who wouldn't accept a newbie proxying things in real life, it saddens me greatly to hear that these elitist types have wormed their way into 40k

this level of sneering is on par with "but dey aint gw, so I ain't playing", it's not going to help GW or our hobby at all now that FFG have released a direct competitor

D3L, nobody said anything about saying no to the newbie. Its about not liking those who are gaming for advantage or WAAC types.

And there is no sneering, just folks putting their opinions forward and we all have different opinions.

The only sneering is coming from folks who are saying my opinion is right and you are wrong.

This thread needs locking as we are so off-topic it is not even funny

D3L, nobody said anything about saying no to the newbie. Its about not liking those who are gaming for advantage or WAAC types.

And there is no sneering, just folks putting their opinions forward and we all have different opinions.

The only sneering is coming from folks who are saying my opinion is right and you are wrong.

This thread needs locking as we are so off-topic it is not even funny

playing units with their basic gear, because GW doesn't update the models for , which are melee in another edition that is about shoting is gaming for adventage 0_o ?

Does the Ministry of Silly Walks fall under the Ecclesiarchy's jurisdiction?

I believe it falls under the Adeptus Terra. In the Ministorum's view it is borderline heretical to Cindy one's self in such a fashion :P

On topic: if nothing else we've all got a better idea of what other viewpoints exist on this topic. I think it comes down to just talking to your opponent. I don't think there's anything wrong with having a conversation about what your expectations are for the game. I'd certainly prefer that to being expected to realize my opponent wants a certain thing out of me that they consider common courtesy that I don't consider at all. I'd never want to make my opponent upset with me.

Ishagu, what about people that want to use the new Primaris Marines as normal marines?

How do you feel about Marines used to represent Guardsmen?

If they establish that all bolters are lasguns, and special weapons are consistent, I'd be okay with it.

You can hardly say using Marines as Guardsmen is proxy for advantage, as even a bare bones Tactical marine is better than a Guardsman on a 1 to 1 basis.

I mean, sure it's easier on me to have actual IG models rather than marines counts as, but that's just me and I'm not going to tell my opponent no just because I have to remember a couple things. Same way I like seeing IG models, but I'm not going to complain about it if they want to proxy marines as IG, or IG as marines. That's just how I'd handle it.

Ishagu, what about people that want to use the new Primaris Marines as normal marines?

How do you feel about Marines used to represent Guardsmen?
Except that Guard are nothing like space marines, where as Primaris are more like "true scale" marines and at least share the aesthetics of space marines (the helmets and shoulder pads are interchangeable and Mk VII helmets make them look like how space marines are described).

Either way, you didn't answer the question. Primaris as "true scale" space marines?

What about a Terminator captain for an Inquisitor in Terminator Armor?

What about sisters of silence as Sisters of Battle?

Would you not except any of those proxies?

=][= Enough is enough.

Edit: if you see a thread falling apart, use the report button instead of posting "kill this", folks. I shouldn't need to tell you this, you've all been here long enough. =][=

gallery_26_548_17394.gif

Archived