Dark Angels Thunderhawks

ShadowCore67

Quick question about our chapters thunder hawks.

Now I've been under the impression that all of the DA's air forces are Ravenwing, so that means their thunderhawks would be painted black right? However, I have seen thunderhawks painted green, such as the recent warhammer world diorama. Now is there actually green thunderhawks fluff wise or is that just an oversight by GW?

Ravenwing is only second company forces. That includes their planes, bikes, speeders, and transports.

Each company had it's own transports, in the appropriate colors and markings. Greenwing company thunderhawk would be green, deathwing would be bone,Ravenwing thunderhawk would be black.

Since Thunderhawks are in the 'motor pool', they're usually green. 

To be exact, Thunderhawks are fleet assets, just like the destroyers, strike cruisers, and battle barges. However, as jbaeza94 already said, some are permanently seconded to a certain company, and thus would be marked with the corresponding heraldry or even repainted just as (presumably) the capital ships are.

Green seems to be the general go-to color as well in Forgeworld dioramas and books. 

My own will have bone spot coloring, but I'm not really a person to see official artwork as more than a guideline.

All of my permanently attached motor pool is painted appropriately.  

My Storm Eagle that I've finished is done in bone with green recesses.  IT also have the 1st company emblem being painted on it's top by hand in large format.  

They're your toys. Paint them how you want and if anyone complains, slap them.

Paul

All of my permanently attached motor pool is painted appropriately.  

My Storm Eagle that I've finished is done in bone with green recesses.  IT also have the 1st company emblem being painted on it's top by hand in large format.  

They're your toys. Paint them how you want and if anyone complains, slap them.

Paul

Preferably with a big heavy rule book.... or one of those ancient pewter Thunderhawks, but that might actually kill them.