Ork bases.

Reldn

Greeting all, I finally sat down to start working on my Ork army, when I realized that I have no idea regarding the base sizes. Do the Boyz need to be based on 32mm now? Or the 25mm that they come with? ...Or does it even really matter much?

I'm personally leaning towards keeping the Boyz on 25mm, but, putting Nobs and Lootas on 32mm bases. Just making sure that's acceptable. Thanks in advance!

An ork warboss or painboy on a 32 or higher is an advantage, but a boy on a 32 would make them spread out further and potentially hurt any chance of sitting in cover or hiding behind a building.

I've been using the bases that they came with, so most of my army is on 25 mm. That said, I can't imagine you'd have too many arguments if you wanted to go bigger for the Nobz and Lootas. In fact, I imagine it'd make the Lootas more stable!

Yep! That's exactly what I'm doing mate. It helps the nobz stand out from the weedy runts they're leading and it looks great to boot! :cool.:

Awesome! Many thanks. 25mm for the Boyz, 32mm for Nobs and Lootas it is! Looks like I can get crackin' on the mobs of Boyz...Now to just decide on Shootas or Sluggas & Choppas! *laughs*