Land Raider version ?

Tonius

Well the Storm raven is a great choice but what puts the LR/LRC first is T8, which makes it a lot more resilient.

Depending on my LR pattern, I'll maybe switch my termies with vets (both vanguard & sternguard).

Well it's T8 vs -1 to-hit, not being able to get charged except by Fly units and superior mobility.

I too think the Stormraven is the better transport AND it has lots of dakka on top of it unfortunately.

LR: T8, 2+ save

SR: T7, 3+ save, -1 to hit, fly

Well the storm raven was my initial choice as my army big vehicule, but I've been told that ones needs at least a T8 big model on the table.

That's why I swapped to the LR. But I get your meaning, moreover, the SR is a bit cheaper.

I'm still in the "thinking what to buy" phase concerning the big vehicules (I already have Razorback/whirlwind/dread) ....

The Land Raider is slightly tougher with both T8 and 2+ armor, compared to -1 to hit, but the Raven is much faster, is generally better at shooting, and can also transport a Dread. There isn't really a contest there, the Raven is just better, unless your taking a Crusader and a big squad of something that wouldn't actually fit in the Raven, like more than 6 terminators.

I haven't had a single T8 unit in any of my lists so far and didn't get the feeling I'm missing out on something. I also don't know why it should be like that. A tough unit is nice but definitely not a must have.