HH Book 47: Old Earth

hopkins

Hammer is a bit too stereotypical for my taste...overall, I'm liking this cover. Looks pretty cool, but wait...does the Salamander in the left corner weald a Custodes spear???? oO

Hammer is a bit too stereotypical for my taste...overall, I'm liking this cover. Looks pretty cool, but wait...does the Salamander in the left corner weald a Custodes spear???? oO

golden light, not the typical looking architecture in the background either..

and some theories discussing perhaps his place as 'gatekeeper' - are we going to see some reinforcement for holding what little remains of the webway?

Vulkan on Terra for the siege would be a nice addition to the fluff I won't lie about that.

Seeing as his Legion doesn't field huge numbers... the addition won't really upset the balance of things and still please the Salamanders fans out there (presumably). But then, that's if he goes to Terra and stays there.

And I'll ask again: Is that a Guardian Spear over there?

If the cover indicates something in terms of what might happen, I assume some Custodes + Salamanders shenanigans within the webway. Maybe even a team up of Vulkan and Valdor?

I can say this with absolute certainty: Maybe.

That's ok for me. ^^

Just wanted to be sure, if there might be one or if I was just seeing something, I'd like to see.

That's ok for me. ^^

Just wanted to be sure, if there might be one or if I was just seeing something, I'd like to see.

For the record, I think it does kinda look like he's wielding a Guardian Spear. :)

Let's forget for a second subjective things about what readers people like, or which legion they prefer.

Look, one of the wonderful things about the Horus Heresy series is that we get to fill in the blanks on that significant span of time between the Isstvan V Dropsite Massacre and the Siege of Terra. This means getting some idea of what factions who previously got virtually no mention post-Isstvan, like the Shattered Legions. At this point, though, we are about to embark on the third numbered Heresy novel whose focus is Vulkan and/or the XVIII Legion. That's not counting three novellas and a number of other Shattered Legions tie-ins, one of which included another numbered Heresy novel.

Meanwhile, the Imperial Fists likewise have had a single novel, and split a novella with the Iron Warriors. Since Fear to Tread, Sanguinius and the Blood Angels have been given cameo appearances in the Imperium Secundus story arc. They are finally due to feature properly in a novel... shared with the Dark Angels and Ultramarines. Besides a plethora of Shattered Legions tie-ins they've shared with the Salamanders and Raven Guard, the Iron Hands have been graced with a single novel almost entirely separated from the continuity of the series and two novellas. The World Eaters have properly featured in but a single novel. The Death Guard have had a single novel and have gotten cameos in Deathfire and The Path of Heaven.

I hope Nick Kyme knows Old Earth out the park. I hope it ties in beautifully with the larger storyline. Right now, though, I question the priority that has been assigned to the Salamanders. So much of this galactic-scale war has thus far been spent within a very small number of locations, and legions that we always knew will be at the Siege of Terra are getting noticeably less time in the spotlight than ones we had next to zero situational awareness about up to and including the Scouring and the Second Founding.

I can say this with absolute certainty: Maybe.

That's ok for me. ^^

Didnt the First Captain of the Salamandes have a spear/halberd with a built in volkite weapon?

Archived