Re-rolls and Command points

BaldrickRSA

Hello all,

Just need to get a better understanding here. So my 10 man Death Company with jump packs deep strike to within 9inches of an enemy unit in my first turn. I roll a 3 and a 2, so I re-roll, and get a 6 and a 2. Can I now use a Command Point to re- roll the 2?

Essentially Command points allow me to re roll a dice. But would the above be a re roll of a re roll. Cannot find this in the rules, or have I really just missed something?

BaldrickRSA

Hello. Correct, the reroll charge is Lemartes. Gotta love this guy. Plus 1 attack to units charging, with rerolls to charge....nice.

Thanks for the clarification, I had a feeling it could not be done.

I find lemartes re roll charge to be mostly underwhelming. Using a CP to re roll one dice seems to be more effective.

This depending on how many DC units he is buffing though

Correct. The CP reroll is a better option if the other dice/die is a 5 or 6.

I field 3 x 15 Man Death company units, each kitted with two thunder hammers and three power swords, all with jump packs, along with other units, in my 2000 point list. The first turn deep strike assault is devastating when it works, but then there are times it does not, and hence my query of the CP reroll reroll, to increase the chances for charging 9 inches. GW should rather have made it 'Roll three dice and discard the lowest', or something like that for BA to increase our chances for assault success.

Anyway, it's great to see the expression on my opponents face when I get the rolls off, and strike with 45 DC, Plus Lemantes, plus Priest and Librarian.......hehehehe.......that look is priceless. I am not a competitive player, just love the hobby/game, so I know the tactic does not always work, but always looking for ways to improve/strengthen my gameplay.

The new FAQ states that "If a rule allows you to re-roll a result that was made by adding several dice together (e.g. 2D6, 3D6, etc.) then, unless otherwise stated, you must roll all of those dice again".

I've seen people to interpret this that when using a CP for say charge range, you re-roll BOTH dice, and cannot just pick to keep your highest.

The Reroll Stratagem does state otherwise though. I specifically states "any single dice". So if you rolled a 6 and a 1 to charge, you could keep the 6 and reroll the 1.

The flip side of course is that if you roll snake-eyes, a Command Point can only reroll one of those dice. You cannot choose to reroll both.

Lemartes is the opposite, you have to reroll both, you cannot keep one result.

The Reroll Stratagem does state otherwise though. I specifically states "any single dice". So if you rolled a 6 and a 1 to charge, you could keep the 6 and reroll the 1.

The flip side of course is that if you roll snake-eyes, a Command Point can only reroll one of those dice. You cannot choose to reroll both.

Lemartes is the opposite, you have to reroll both, you cannot keep one result.

This is my understanding as well.

The new FAQ states that "If a rule allows you to re-roll a result that was made by adding several dice together (e.g. 2D6, 3D6, etc.) then, unless otherwise stated, you must roll all of those dice again".

I've seen people to interpret this that when using a CP for say charge range, you re-roll BOTH dice, and cannot just pick to keep your highest.

Yeah, the "unless stated otherwise" is perfectly in line with " any single die".  So....think theyre reading that poorly.  

I find lemartes re roll charge to be mostly underwhelming. Using a CP to re roll one dice seems to be more effective.

This depending on how many DC units he is buffing though

... GW should rather have made it 'Roll three dice and discard the lowest', or something like that for BA to increase our chances for assault success.

Would be very happy with that as our Chapter Tactic on all charging units.