Tank commander worth it for DKOK?

Conquerors are great tanks, the re-roll makes a huge difference in their performance compared to a regular LRBT and 8 stormbolter shots at 12" are also wonderful.  BS4+ with a re-roll is more accurate than BS3+ so I think taking a Tank Commander is waste of points if his wingman is going to be a Conqueror.  Also if you take a Commander + Conqueror you will be tempted to keep them close together so you don't feel like you are wasting your Commander's orders, but the Conqueror is the one non Commander LR that can function independently and you don't want to squander that.  The more you can spread your tanks out the better, and if you can spread out and still function effectively (like the Conqueror) I think you should. 

Despite unfavorable internet math I think the Vanq has potential; highest of 2D6 damage is great and extremely reliable, unlike the battle cannon, but isn't the variant with the coaxial gun stuck with a stormbolter?  Operating at 24" isn't ideal for the Vanq...however isn't there a variant that gets BS3+ if it doesn't move?  That sounds like another great tank to use without a Commander nearby. 

Edit:  I see that the Stygies Vanquisher gets the BS3+ on main gun when it doesn't move as well as the co-ax stormbolter.  In that case the storm-bolter is just icing on the cake.  I think a Vanquisher with BS3+ is quite good.  On a side note, the DKOK Mars Alpha Vanquisher can take a co-axial heavy stubber but doesn't get BS3+ if it stays still.  

Edited by Otto von Bludd