Solar Auxilia Ltd edition colour schemes print

Beaky Brigade

I've just bought a SA lasrifle section and would like a little inspiration for their colour scheme. FW have produced a few colour profiles in their books, and there are a reasonable amount of painted armies online, but I'm aware that a limited edition print was on sale some time ago that had a whole host of different colour schemes. Unfortunately there are only two blurry pics I can find like this, which don't show them very well. Are there any board members who have this print who'd be willing to take a better photo or scan for my personal reference use?

Thanks for your help :smile.:

Reading a bit more, it may be the case that it's just something FW showed off in a portfolio and never sold, if that's the case give me a bonk on the head!

Edited by Beaky Brigade

• 2 years later...

Sucks nobody has replied.  I'd love to see that thing too.  Having only seen them officially publish colors for like 4 or 5 cohorts, you'd think something like that would be all over the place.  Must have been a REALLY limited print.  I could recommend looking into a copy of that short militarum tempestus codex that came out separate from the IG codex when they were released like 4 or 5 years ago now.  It has a bunch of schemes that could work, though they mostly follow a somewhat limited "Dark Color + Silver/Gold/Bronze" aesthetic.

I've just bought a SA lasrifle section and would like a little inspiration for their colour scheme. FW have produced a few colour profiles in their books, and there are a reasonable amount of painted armies online, but I'm aware that a limited edition print was on sale some time ago that had a whole host of different colour schemes. Unfortunately there are only two blurry pics I can find like this, which don't show them very well. Are there any board members who have this print who'd be willing to take a better photo or scan for my personal reference use?

Thanks for your help :smile.:

Reading a bit more, it may be the case that it's just something FW showed off in a portfolio and never sold, if that's the case give me a bonk on the head!

I guess you already have the pics in black book four. Otherwise I could help you out.

It took me quite a while to decide on a color scheme for my SA, too. You might try googling solar auxilia and selecting images. While most of the pics are some variation on the standard four, there are some interesting alternatives as well. I just took a quick look and noticed one done in orange and white. It actually looked quite nice.

There are actually three colors for the cohorts, the armor, the quilted padding under the armor, and the unquilted suit underneath that. It gives you more choices when deciding your vehicle colors, too. I've seen several armies with the armor in color instead of metallic, sort of like space marine armor. That looks decent.

Hope that is some help. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

My Solar Auxilia are going to be based on Clone Troopers schemes either the 501st or 327th. White armour, black cloth and quilted sections with some spot colours on the armoured sections with blue or yellow depending on which scheme I eventually pick. 

501st all the way, no ifs ands or buts about it. Imo anyway :lol: