Multipart/multipose plastic Death Guard squad box?

unitron

What do you think - is such a thing even possible?

Is it realistic to expect they will release a DG multipart squad like SM mk3, mk4 and mk7/8 squads?

First thing is why am I forced to hoard stupid starter sets to get the minis needed for a DG army? They need their own boxes. A tiny box of 3 totally uncustomizable, pushfit models is deffinitely not enough, no matter how beautiful they are

I do not want DG to be yet another crimson sloughter marines release - arguably way better looking models than the 3rd edition scrap we have to deal with right now, but what is it good when everyone else`s got exactly same models. Models which are not even sold separetely...

Edited by unitron

You mean Plague Marines? We KNOW they're getting a multi-part plastic kit. It's not been stated officially, but we've seen the models, so it's pretty much slapping us in the face with obviousness.

Where have you seen the models (I have not)?

I`m sorry, but after the whole "new plastic sisters of battle!" mockery on GW`s part I am not going to use lebels of obviousness so easily without hard evidence.

Was there ever any proof of Plastic Sisters? :P 
There are images of unreleased Plague Marines yes, and they (Death Guard) are getting several sets the coming two-three months. 
It's time to use google and that search function friend. ;) 

And the new Plague Marine entry in the CSM Codex has a zillion weapon options that currently don't exist in model form.

But really, neither news nor rumor.

I thought gossiping, which is happening here is essentiallly exchanging rumors, but whatever.

Anyway, I`ve seen the trailer before and didn`t notice the minis there are different from the ones in Dark Imperium sets. i guess I`ll watch again more carefully? :P

Where have you seen the models (I have not)?

I`m sorry, but after the whole "new plastic sisters of battle!" mockery on GW`s part I am not going to use lebels of obviousness so easily without hard evidence.

From the initial teaser back in March.

marine-de-plaga.png

marine-de-plaga-3.png

marine-de-plaga-2.png

And then there's the two guys in the background from Mortarion's reveal.

09978b3b2f.jpg

You gotta look harder mate.

Edit: Oh and this guy hiding in the background of... I think it was Dark Imperium's reveal? Sneaky git.

c9dd22e193.jpg

Edited by DeadFingers

You gotta look harder mate.

I`ve tried, but I`m no pro :tongue.:

Anyway, thanks for the pics, they`re evidence enough for me (I think) unless it`s part of some even bigger conspiracy than with the sisters.

Although, we can`t expect a full 10 man squad - the models are as large as termies and they`re gonna be almost as expensive in game.

My bet it`s gonna be a 5 man squad box priced at 40$... mark my words.

Edited by unitron

I mean, we have ten man boxes of the various Primaris infantry...which are as big as the Plague Marines. We are getting Plague Marines, New Death Guard terminators, a tank, new HQs, and Mortarion himself. It seems like GWs got plans for the Cult Troops to get make overs, so it doesn't make sense to release a NEW solo DG codex with all new models except the front man, Plague Marines. My guess is the sprues will be like the Intercessors, which is ten per box, but it's really two five man sprues.

Was there ever any proof of Plastic Sisters? :tongue.:

The teased 'plastic sisters of battle' were the Gemini Superai so yes, it was real and they were released but I can see why some were disappointed.

Good lord yes this. Some people got themselves so wound up about the "tease" for plastic Sisters being a massive shafting from GW. And yet, plastic Sisters (Celestine and the Geminae) are readily available to buy, it's just they didn't meet the massively high expectations people formed.

Aaaaanyway. OP, there's no reason not to expect a 10-man box of Plague Marines, even with the models being the size they are. The recent normal infantry Primaris releases (Intercessors, Hellblasters, Reivers) all come as tens for £35, and the same has largely been true for things of similar size in AoS (Stormcast, Blood Warriors etc).