++Knightfall 2017++

Firepower

++EMPEROR GRANT US WINGS OF FURY AND TREAD OF HATE, AND WE SHALL UNLEASH YOUR WRATH UNTO THE GALAXY++

gallery_38474_6916_133411.jpg

Brothers and sisters, it is time once again for the Knightfall event!

Things are going to be done a touch differently this year. Yes, yes, change is not to be trusted, but this is a change that should delight a good many of you still with queues of plastic glory on your hobby desks!

For one, this year any model with a transport capacity is eligible for entry; Rhinos, Drop Pods, Storm Ravens, Land Raiders, anything.

Secondly, you may now enter non-transport units...with a catch.

For each Transport pledged, you may pledge 1 unit for it to transport. For instance, if you pledge 1 Storm Raven, you can pledge 1 unit of Centurions, or a Crusader Squad, or a Dreadnought, or an Apothecary, anything so long as it can be transported by the transport you built. However, only 1 unit can be submitted per transport, and all vows must include at least 1 transport.

As with last year, submissions do not need to be straight off the sprue. Any models in any stage of completion may be submitted (unless it's 5 minutes of work or comparable from completion, I'll make judgement calls as needed). Photos of vowed models must be submitted with the vow, and submitted after completion to confirm your victory.

Transports and their cargo must be vowed simultaneously. Any number of vows can be made, so long as previous vows have been completed first. No matter the number of vows completed, if you have an incomplete vow at the end of the event, you fail. A Crusade cannot be waged on good intentions and empty promises!

Vows can be made any time between now, and the end of the event, October 31 at midnight Central time zone.

Now, on to the Vow:

I, (name), hereby vow the aid of (model/models) to the Eternal Crusade before the Night of the Witch! I enter with the mark of the Neophyte, and will emerge glorious as an Initiate by Crusade's end as a true brother of the Black Templars. Should I fail in my duties, I will wear the mark of failure until year's end, that all may know my sin!

To clarify- the submission deadline is midnight, October 31st (whatever your time zone is).

Pledge Banner:

gallery_38474_6916_16751.jpg

Completion Banner:

gallery_38474_6916_3702.jpg

Failure Banner:

gallery_38474_6916_27314.jpg

Now then, on to the other change. As per last year, there will be special recognitions for the Templar whom completes the most units (counting 1 point per unit completed), and the Templar whom most impresses me with their craftsmanship (I am obviously excluded from the latter):

gallery_38474_6916_6036.jpg

However, this year, there will be a special banner for the Templar whom most impresses the Chapter as a whole. After the event, all competitors whom completed their vows and emerge as Initiates will post here with their choice for best craftsmanship (and of course, no voting for yourselves). The winner will be awarded the title of Marshal Elect!

gallery_38474_6916_25817.jpg

A special thanks to TheOneTrueZon for these lovely lovely banners.

Right, you all know the rules, you all have models to finish, so show your zeal and state your vows! Emperor guide you all!

+++Vows+++

Aegir_Einarsson: Vow 1: 1 Land Raider Crusader, Crusader Squad: Complete Vow 2: Razorback, Inquisitor: WIP pics submitted

Blender: Vow 1: Stormraven, Crusader Squad: Complete

Brother Adelard: Vow 1: Razorback, Crusader Squad: Complete Vow 2: Land Raider Crusader, Chaplain: Complete

Brother_Gneecapper: Vow 1: Rhino, Sword Brethren: Complete

Brother Talarian: Vow 1: Drop Pod, Emperor's Champion: WIP pics submitted

CaptnRussia: Vow 1: Land Raider Crusader, Marshal: WIP pics submitted

Ciler: Vow 1: Stormraven, Terminator Squad: Complete

Cognative: Vow 1: Land Raider Redeemer, Company Champion: Complete

Dads Milk: Vow 1: Land Raider Crusader, Crusader Squad: WIP pics not submitted

Dumbcow1: Vow 1: Land Raider Crusader: Complete

Ebon Hand: Vow 1: Land Raider Crusader, Chaplain: Complete

Firepower: Vow 1: Stormraven, Veteran Squad: WIP pics submitted

Kisada: Vow 1: Land raider Crusader, High Marshal: Complete

Kontakt: Vow 1: Land Raider Crusader, Terminator Squad: WIP pics submitted

Lord Blackwood: Vow 1: Repulsor, Hellblaster Squad: Complete Vow 2: Repulsor, Intercessor Squad: Complete

Marshal_von_Spear: Vow 1: Stormraven: Complete

Marshal Wolfhart: Vow 1: Razorback, Crusader Squad: Complete

Mordian Glory: Vow 1: Land Raider Crusader, Crusader Squad: Complete

Othniel's Blade: Vow 1: Razorback, Crusader Squad: Complete

Psykic_Scribe: Vow 1: Drop Pod, Crusader Squad: Complete

SWORD BROTHER RYAN: Vow 1: Land Raider Crusader, Devastator Centurions: Complete

TheOneTrueZon: Vow 1: Land Raider Crusader: Complete

Edited by Firepower

I, Blender, hereby vow the aid of 1 storm raven and 1 crusader squad (5 man) to the Eternal Crusade before the Night of the Witch!  I enter with the mark of the Neophyte, and will emerge glorious as an Initiate by Crusade's end as a true brother of the Black Templars.  Should I fail in my duties, I will wear the mark of failure until year's end, that all may know my sin!

At work, pics of models to follow.

So I am mixing some Chaos bits with my Black Templars, they were in the Eye of Terror scavenging things. But they are still loyalists--just want to make them look cooler. 

http://i.imgur.com/fiUO5M5.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/l6QcEnC.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/IX5x2IB.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/nsfViNI.jpg

Edited by Blender

I, Dads Milk, hereby vow the aid of 1 Landraider Crusader and 1 Crusader Squad to the Eternal Crusade before the Night of the Witch!  I enter with the mark of the Neophyte, and will emerge glorious as an Initiate by Crusade's end as a true brother of the Black Templars.  Should I fail in my duties, I will wear the mark of failure until year's end, that all may know my sin!

I, chaplain matthias, hereby vow the aid of 1 venerable dreadnought to the Eternal Crusade before the Night of the Witch! I enter with the mark of the Neophyte, and will emerge glorious as an Initiate by Crusade's end as a true brother of the Black Templars. Should I fail in my duties, I will wear the mark of failure until year's end, that all may know my sin!

I, chaplain matthias, hereby vow the aid of 1 venerable dreadnought to the Eternal Crusade before the Night of the Witch! I enter with the mark of the Neophyte, and will emerge glorious as an Initiate by Crusade's end as a true brother of the Black Templars. Should I fail in my duties, I will wear the mark of failure until year's end, that all may know my sin!

You have to pledge a Transport for that Dread Matthias, so either a Pod (works with FW rules, don't care if it's a regular pod) or a Storm Raven.

You can pledge transports without infantry, but you can't pledge infantry without transports.

Edited by Firepower

I, Firepower, holy bane of the kitten menace, cantankerous holder of the paddleum, hereby vow the aid of 1 Storm Raven and 1 squad of Sword Brethren to the Eternal Crusade before the Night of the Witch! I enter with the mark of the Neophyte, and will emerge glorious as an Initiate by Crusade's end as a true brother of the Black Templars. Should I fail in my duties, I will wear the mark of failure until year's end, that all may know my sin!

Pics:

gallery_38474_6916_6698.jpg

gallery_38474_6916_67720.jpg

The Vanguard are yet to be born from that pile of plastic and pewter :P

And no, the photos aren't blurry! They're just flying really really fast!

Nnnyyyyeeeeeaarooooo! Wooooosh!

You have to pledge a Transport for that Dread Matthias, so either a Pod (works with FW rules, don't care if it's a regular pod) or a Storm Raven.

You can pledge transports without infantry, but you can't pledge infantry without transports.

Oh really? I assumed we were going off of the keywords and dreadnoughts have "vehicle" rather than "infantry". Cool I'll pick something else and get back to you

Infantry, vehicle, power armored duck, whatever so long as it can take a transport (and you pledge the transport).

Although that did alert me to the fact that I never actually spelled out that Knightfall is a challenge for painting transports.  Just sorta assumed people remembered the last one.  Notation added to the rules :)

Edited by Firepower

I, Mordian Glory, hereby vow the aid of 1 Land Raider Crusader and 1 Crusader Squad (5x Initiates, 5x Neophytes) to the Eternal Crusade before the Night of the Witch!  I enter with the mark of the Neophyte, and will emerge glorious as an Initiate by Crusade's end as a true brother of the Black Templars.  Should I fail in my duties, I will wear the mark of failure until year's end, that all may know my sin!

Picture of the Land Raider below, Picture of squad to follow. 

http://i.imgur.com/CuThX51.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/DrKuOQl.jpg
Edited by Mordian Glory

Is this land raider too far along?

http://i.imgur.com/zAImBgw.jpg

It certainly looks on it's way to being corrupted by iron warriors...

Acktually ... according to OSHA code 1910.144(a)(3)

Yellow shall be the basic color for designating caution and for marking physical hazards such as: Striking against, stumbling, falling, tripping, and "caught in between."

There is no corruption or heresy here brother ... just concerns for safety around that heavy and dangerous assault ramp.  :happy.:

It's nice to see a brother adhering to Imperial regulation despite our status as Astartes precluding the need to comply. We have enough traitors trying to kill us without falling prey to safety mishaps! Setting a great example there.

I'm currently deciding what to pledge... My vow will come in tonight or tomorrow when I have a chance to take some pictures.

I, Aegir Einarsson, hereby vow the aid of LRC and 5 man crusader squad (5 initiates SB included, i must decide what loadout I'll use) to the Eternal Crusade before the Night of the Witch!  I enter with the mark of the Neophyte, and will emerge glorious as an Initiate by Crusade's end as a true brother of the Black Templars.  Should I fail in my duties, I will wear the mark of failure until year's end, that all may know my sin!

Pics of my WIP LRC later on, and crusader squad after I'll back home (I'm on holiday now)

Edited by Aegir_Einarsson

Going have to see if I have any transports available for this. I have a few Rhinos and a LR but its for my other army I'm trying to get sorted..... tempted. 

Codex legal?  as its not but it transports.

Edited by Eberious

Going have to see if I have any transports available for this. I have a few Rhinos and a LR but its for my other army I'm trying to get sorted..... tempted. 

Codex legal?  as its not but it transports.

Codex or Index legal.  Sorry to stifle that twisted genius of yours, but yeah, them's the rules. ;)

I'm up for this, so

I, Brother Adelard, hereby vow the aid of a Razorback and Crusader Squad to the Eternal Crusade before the Night of the Witch!  I enter with the mark of the Neophyte, and will emerge glorious as an Initiate by Crusade's end as a true brother of the Black Templars.  Should I fail in my duties, I will wear the mark of failure until year's end, that all may know my sin!