Would it be possible to raise the upload cap from 2 mb to 3?

So, this may simply be whinging/whining/what have you, but I have recently gotten very frustrated with the upload cap on photos, mainly when it comes to battle report photos.

Since I prefer macro shots of battlefields to get the whole picture at once, those photos get very large (one I took ended up somewhere around 6 megabytes before editing). The rest of the photos, I've noticed, when they cover a 2'x4' area of battlefield, end up between 1.9-2.5 and 2.5 to 3.1 megabytes, which are just annoying to keep cropping and can kill detail on the fringes.

While I am not suggesting such a drastic ceiling raise as 2 to 6 mb, would it be unreasonable/unfeasable with software to raise the cap to 3 or 2.5 megabytes?

Hope I'm not sounding too whiny because of my own technology inadequacy.

That's too big for an upload so the cap is not going to be increased. You don't have to crop an image, scaling it down and reducing the quality will reduce the file size a lot. If you don't have a default image editor there are free ones available that will more than cover your needs :)

Something similar was brought up before and I even wrote a "novel" about it here: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/278521-delete-picture-upload-limit/

Tl;dr - it really isn't necessary. Very few people enjoy massive photos in threads because they're slow to load and eat up a lot of bandwidth, especially in this day and age of mobile browsing. 2Mb is more than enough.