General Necromunda Inspiration Thread not just Films People!

Space Truckin

Thought it might be fun taking a trip down memory lane.   Le

List your favorite movies that helped inspire or that were inspired by the game or anything that makes you think of it.

I'll kick this off with some obvious ones.

Escape from New York ( 1981 )

The Warriors ( 1979 )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9ZhrD6hMcc

Edited by Brother Tyler
added tag

My personal favourite, Tank Girl! Comics too!

How could I forget to mention Tank Girl, that film is the whole reason I am doing an Escher gang!!! 

You have good taste in Comics m'dear :tu:

There was me, that is Slave, and my three Droogs, that is Alessia, Rashbold and Doomie, and we sat in the Korova Wildsnake bar trying to make up our rassoodocks what to do with the evening. The Korova Wildsnake bar sold Wildsnake-plus, Wildsnake plus Slaught or Obscura or Spook, which is what we were drinking. This would sharpen you up and make you ready for a bit of the old ultra-violence...

Some visuals that give me the Gang vibe. 

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/f/ff/RoboCop3_1004.jpg/602px-RoboCop3_1004.jpg

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/9/9c/RoboCop3_6030.jpg/601px-RoboCop3_6030.jpg

Robocop 3 Splatterpunks for those of you with enough sense to avoid this film. :laugh.:

http://www.nerdspan.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/nukeemhigh4.jpg

nukehigh3.jpg?w=500

Troma badguys from the Nuke Em High films. 

http://www.horrornewsnetwork.net/images/return-livingdead6.jpg

Random gang from Return of the Living Dead.

tar-zombie-return-of-the-living-dead-rav

Me last weekend. 

There was me, that is Slave, and my three Droogs, that is Alessia, Rashbold and Doomie, and we sat in the Korova Wildsnake bar trying to make up our rassoodocks what to do with the evening. The Korova Wildsnake bar sold Wildsnake-plus, Wildsnake plus Slaught or Obscura or Spook, which is what we were drinking. This would sharpen you up and make you ready for a bit of the old ultra-violence...

Brilliant! 

In the spirit of ye olde B&C mini-me models, there should be a MEcromunda model thread (or some other 'ganger' name).

Perhaps when the new Necromunda drops? 

Brilliant! 

In the spirit of ye olde B&C mini-me models, there should be a MEcromunda model thread (or some other 'ganger' name).

Perhaps when the new Necromunda drops? 

Thats a great idea, though I dont think I would make a good Escher with this beard :lol:. Or 'build a Frater' where you build a mini based on another board user. Though that will probably be better if people interested talk about it via PM incase they dont want the world to see what they look like by sharing pictures in a live thread. 

OR I could just immortalize all of you by making a gang just based on B&C users!! 

Edited by Slave to Darkness

I want to try that out and make a minime if I can find the flamer cultist from DV on ebay.

OT:

Even if is not gang related, I do think the main characters of Natural Born Killers are themselves worth of Necromunda. While Mad Max clearly inspired GorkaMorka, the punks on the old movies have a great Munda feel to me.

Awesome stuff STD! Really nails that Underhive mood! Just need to finish painting our nails, touchup makeup and we're ready to party! 0:)

Lovely visuals and Oh my god I still love Grease so much! I don't know if this was before or after Necromunda, but Johnny Mnemonic has that gritty sci fi feel. Im sure its technically a bad film, but I love it!

I know these are post-Necromunda but films like Blade and Matrix are a good starting point for Delaque gangs. I don't know what originally inspired the gang's appearance but those films make me think Necromunda in places.

There was me, that is Slave, and my three Droogs, that is Alessia, Rashbold and Doomie, and we sat in the Korova Wildsnake bar trying to make up our rassoodocks what to do with the evening. The Korova Wildsnake bar sold Wildsnake-plus, Wildsnake plus Slaught or Obscura or Spook, which is what we were drinking. This would sharpen you up and make you ready for a bit of the old ultra-violence...

Awesome stuff STD! Really nails that Underhive mood! Just need to finish painting our nails, touchup makeup and we're ready to party! 0:)

Lovely visuals and Oh my god I still love Grease so much! I don't know if this was before or after Necromunda, but Johnny Mnemonic has that gritty sci fi feel. Im sure its technically a bad film, but I love it!

My makeups always on point. Us Slaanesh players have to look fabulous all the time incase of some random shenanegans involving skydiving, a donkey and a rubber chicken.