Twink 1k Emp Children

Geoffy

Hey guys,

Trying to make a nasty 1k emp children list that I plan on keeping at this level. Tell me what you think.

EC

Legiones Astartes

Lord Commander Eidolon: Rite of War (3rd Company Elite); jump pack 205

10 Kakophoni Chora: Orchestrator; 9 Kakophoni Chora 245

7 Palatine Warriors: Palatine Prefector (Phoenix power spear; melta bombs); 6 Palatine Warriors; 3 × Phoenix power spear; sonic shriekers; jump packs 304

999 points

not sure how 'nasty this is but looks fun.

Scorpious and medusa will ruin your day though

lack of ap2 will struggle against termies along with no anti tank

If I see scorpii and medusae I'll just have to try and close the gap I suppose.

There is plenty of ap 2 from eidolons hammer and the Phoenix spears as well. Anti tank is meltabombs and thunder hammer and is admittedly light. I'm not expecting to see a crap ton of high av stuff at 1000 either but could certainly struggle if I do.

i do not have my math-hammer with me and cannot say it it is more optimal than wha you have, but you could look at a 10-man assault squad.

With all(!) Melta Bombs and Combat Shields, sergeant with Artificer and Phoenix Spear. Depending on how you and your group play MBs it could make sense as a bit more AA. Also it should provide a higher survival rate, if some barrage weapon hits. It is 3 extra bodies after all.... and also the squad scores.

(edit:typos/readability)

Edited by okonomiyakimarine

i do jot have my math hammer with me and cannot say it it is more optimal, but you could look at a 10-man assault squad with all(!) Melta Bombs and Combat Shields, sergeant with Artificer and Phoenix Spear. It is 3 extra bodies after all. Depending on how you and your group play MBs it could make sense as a bit more AA. Also it should provide higher survival rate if some barrage weapon hits and also the squad scores...

This is potentially true...but the rule of cool wins here because palatine blades

Okay. Here's my 2500 progression.

What you guys think?

EC copy

Legiones Astartes

Lord Commander Eidolon: jump pack 205

10 Palatine Warriors: Palatine Prefector (Phoenix power spear; melta bombs); 9 Palatine Warriors; 5 × Phoenix power spear; sonic shriekers; jump packs 420

Rylanor the Unyielding 255

7 Phoenix Terminators: Phoenix Champion; 6 Phoenix Terminators; sonic shriekers 360

Javelin Attack Speeder Squadron

• Javelin Attack Speeder: pintle-mounted multi-melta; hull-mounted twin-linked lascannon 75

• Javelin Attack Speeder: pintle-mounted multi-melta; hull-mounted twin-linked lascannon 75

Kharybdis Assault Claw 235

Fulgrim the Illuminator: Rite of War (3rd Company Elite); Fireblade 380

2,495 points

Plan is eidolon runs with blades for elite target hunting. Fulgrim takes paladin of glory and runs with termies close to rylanor for +4 to combat res and I win draws. Kakophoni sit on objectives and outshoot everything. Kharybdis flys around and burns stuff. The only thing I'm not super stuck on is the javelins, but I think I need some anti armor.

What you guys think?

Phoenix Terminators are not super fluffy with Eidolon, but since you also bring Fulgrim that is alright. As if they ever fought together when the noise marines were around, but hey I guess that is fine.

Javelins are quite good, you could rather bring more or some real AT. I like them for the model, the fluff and they are fun to use. Depending on your meta take two or three. You could also add two tank hunting las destroyer Vindis or the well-liked Sicaran Venator? Do you like the Rapier models (3x graviton)? It is just really depending on what models or play style you prefer and how your meta is like.

I am not sure if you use the Kharybdis to deploy the termies? You wrote you run them... I would not ever run termies unless i deep strike them somehow (TS Termies). Especially the EC Termies are sub-par unless charged out of an assault vehicle (shooting? haha!) I would suggest to look out for assault vehicles or fliers for the termies or just leave them out (as well as fulgrim) and add some real AA and AT, e.g. a lightning strike fighter with an AT setup and deredeo to clean up the skies for 500pts all beefed up. if you do not like tanks, these two right be interesting for you.

Rylanor is a no go with Traitors of course.

Phoenix Terminators are not super fluffy with Eidolon, but since you also bring Fulgrim that is alright. As if they ever fought together when the noise marines were around, but hey I guess that is fine.

Javelins are quite good, you could rather bring more or some real AT. I like them for the model, the fluff and they are fun to use. Depending on your meta take two or three. You could also add two tank hunting las destroyer Vindis or the well-liked Sicaran Venator? Do you like the Rapier models (3x graviton)? It is just really depending on what models or play style you prefer and how your meta is like.

I am not sure if you use the Kharybdis to deploy the termies? You wrote you run them... I would not ever run termies unless i deep strike them somehow (TS Termies). Especially the EC Termies are sub-par unless charged out of an assault vehicle (shooting? haha!) I would suggest to look out for assault vehicles or fliers for the termies or just leave them out (as well as fulgrim) and add some real AA and AT, e.g. a lightning strike fighter with an AT setup and deredeo to clean up the skies for 500pts all beefed up. if you do not like tanks, these two right be interesting for you.

Rylanor is a no go with Traitors of course.

Thanks for the feedback!

I am putting the termies with fulgrim in the kharybdis of course. Having to drop rylanor will give me some points for sure. Maybe I'll grab some laser vindis or a venator. I'm not a huge fan of rapiers but I guess they could sit back and chill with the noise marines. I also like the javelins for their outflanking and AT threat. Stinks I can't take rylanor but I'll still have +3 to combat res and win draws if I take paladin of glory. Or maybe child of terra for reroll to 1's for that entire squad would be pretty scary.

Serisously, who would play loyalist EC??

EC copy

Legiones Astartes

Lord Commander Eidolon: jump pack 205

10 Palatine Warriors: Palatine Prefector (Phoenix power spear; melta bombs); 9 Palatine Warriors; 5 × Phoenix power spear; sonic shriekers; jump packs 420

7 Phoenix Terminators: Phoenix Champion; 6 Phoenix Terminators; sonic shriekers 360

• Javelin Attack Speeder: hull-mounted twin-linked lascannon 65

Kharybdis Assault Claw 235

Vindicator Siege Tank Squadron

• Vindicator: hull-mounted laser destroyer array; dozer blade 135

• Vindicator: hull-mounted laser destroyer array; dozer blade 135

Fulgrim the Illuminator: Rite of War (3rd Company Elite); Fireblade 380

2,490 points

Thoughts?

Me! :wink:

Thoughts?

Statistically the missile launchers are better than the lascannons.

Quite a few people.

Of all the Traitor Legions I think the Emperor's Children are most often shown as Loyalists. If you have a look at the many EC armies across the various forums online, quite a few of them are Loyalist armies.

My Emperor's Children are Loyalists, and I'm planing to start a new Loyalist EC army in a few months time.

Edit:

Just a few of the Loyalist armies out there :)

Grieux's EC.

RayGun924's EC.

Rawkdoc's EC

Deus Mortis' EC.

My own EC.

LCE's EC are a mix of Loyalist and Traitors.

Edited by Kizzdougs

Quite a few people.

Of all the Traitor Legions I think the Emperor's Children are most often shown as Loyalists. If you have a look at the many EC armies across the various forums online, quite a few of them are Loyalist armies.

My Emperor's Children are Loyalists, and I'm planing to start a new Loyalist EC army in a few months time.

Edit:

Just a few of the Loyalist armies out there :)

Grieux's EC.

RayGun924's EC.

Rawkdoc's EC

Deus Mortis' EC.

My own EC.

LCE's EC are a mix of Loyalist and Traitors.

Wow, I stand corrected. Thank you.

No worries, bro :tu: Loyalist Emperor's Children are pretty handicapped by the rules, and they definitely aren't the most competitive army, but a lot of people love their pre-Heresy fluff and aesthetic regardless of the rules. 

No worries, bro :tu: Loyalist Emperor's Children are pretty handicapped by the rules, and they definitely aren't the most competitive army, but a lot of people love their pre-Heresy fluff and aesthetic regardless of the rules.

I love the aesthetic too but I gotta have the cool rules and models like eidolon and fulgrim.

I'm thinking of dropping the vindis now for a primaris loaded for bear (max kraken missiles) and an apothecary with each kakophoni squad.

Yay or nay?

I would do that - but mostly because I think the Lightning is more EC than Vindicators, even LD ones. Sicaran is a good call as well though.

I'm thinking of dropping the vindis now for a primaris loaded for bear (max kraken missiles) and an apothecary with each kakophoni squad.

Yay or nay?

I would do that - but mostly because I think the Lightning is more EC than Vindicators, even LD ones. Sicaran is a good call as well though.

Thanks for the response! Which do you feel better completes the list?