Ynnari Colour Schemes.

Ryza Rust

Evening all, my other half has recently finished painting a Dark Eldar Wyches kill team for SW:A. Our next hobby goal is to expand from Kill Teams, to Armies.

I've recently caught up on the lore (yay for six year hiatuses), and discovered the Ynnari, and the she's rather keen on fielding all manner of Eldar.

My question is this, if she wanted a fluffy Ynnari army, would they have to be wearing crimson, or is there other colour schemes (or scope for DIY) Ynnari armies?

Edited by Ryza Rust

Evening all, my other half has recently finished painting a Dark Eldar Wyches kill team for SW:A. Our next hobby goal is to expand from Kill Teams, to Armies.

I've recently caught up on the lore (yay for six year hiatuses), and discovered the Ynnari, and the she's rather keen on fielding all manner of Eldar.

My question is this, if she wanted a fluffy Ynnari army, would they have to be wearing crimson, or is there other colour schemes (or scope for DIY) Ynnari armies?

The crimson is really there more as a motif to show allegiance to Yvraine the prophetess and her heralding of Ynnead.  There are plenty of ways of showing that without necessarily painting armor red (examples: red tattoos, hair bands, etc.).   I believe some just have the Ynarri symbol integrated somewhere on their person as a rune.

Ultimately, it's up to her how she wants her ynarri warband to show off support.

I don't suspect there'll be an official until the Codex releases.

Frankly, it's a hodgepodge Eldar Grab Bag of an army.  A good excuse at the moment to field types from different color schemes - this unit of Guardians in Ulthwé colors, this Falcon in Biel-Tan's, this Harlequin in whatever troop, this Kabalite squad in their Kabal Color.

From there you could consider something like a Red Stripe or sigil or something to add a unifying feature I guess?  Or just go grab bag!

How much of Biel-Tan is left after the birth of the Avatar? Borrowing from the Red Corsairs seems the way to go with something Crimson to tie them together but allowing them to be played separately should you desire. Perhaps Crimson Soul stones on the Craftworld Eldar? 

• 3 weeks later...

as they were added on to my DE army - I've kept my blue and red scheme for my ynnari (i think theres an avatar image in the instagram link in my sig)

afaik ynnari are drawn from multiple groups, and theres no reason that they'd repaint their armour to reflect their new patron

tl:dr whatever colours you think are cool - probably using the key colours from your wych cult