Lucius: The Faultless Blade

veterannoob

I was quite hoping for an audiobook of this release, similar to Fabius Bile; Primogenitor... The Embrace of Pain was great fun, the accent and annunciation used for Lucius was quite unique. Will have to pick up at some point...but in the mean time looking forward to your interview!

I was quite hoping for an audiobook of this release, similar to Fabius Bile; Primogenitor... The Embrace of Pain was great fun, the accent and annunciation used for Lucius was quite unique. Will have to pick up at some point...but in the mean time looking forward to your interview!

You definitely should. In my experience BL do amazing Emperor's Children audios ;)

You definitely should. In my experience BL do amazing Emperor's Children audios :wink:

Haha, you know i really should learn to proof read my own posts and check they make sense... what i meant was that i will have to pick up The Faultless Blade at some point.

The Embrace of Pain sits proudly in my iTunes collection :happy.:

You definitely should. In my experience BL do amazing Emperor's Children audios :wink:

Haha, you know i really should learn to proof read my own posts and check they make sense... what i meant was that i will have to pick up The Faultless Blade at some point.

The Embrace of Pain sits proudly in my iTunes collection :happy.:

Ahh wise choice. It was amazing as an audio indeed. Lucius should be too, at least

If anyone fancies a read I've done a quick interview with Ian St. Martin about Lucius:

http://www.trackofwords.com/2017/08/26/ten-minute-interviews-ian-st-martin-on-lucius-the-faultless-blade/

I picked up a hardback copy today, looking forward to getting stuck in!

Has anyone read today's Lucius short story? Pride and Fall - it's entirely not what I expected, and rather more horrifying!

NB.

If anyone fancies a read I've done a quick interview with Ian St. Martin about Lucius:

http://www.trackofwords.com/2017/08/26/ten-minute-interviews-ian-st-martin-on-lucius-the-faultless-blade/

I picked up a hardback copy today, looking forward to getting stuck in!

Has anyone read today's Lucius short story? Pride and Fall - it's entirely not what I expected, and rather more horrifying!

NB.

Splendid preview.

Finished my Abercrombie must read and now getting directly to Lucius in all it's glory.

Pride and Fall was amazing. That MOMENT with

landmine
is hilarious. Through it now begets a questiont how his warp-soul divided ability to be reborn does not have any borders in the real galaxy and in the warp. He could be reborn EVERYWHERE? And also we saw that his 'VICTIM' feel the impending doom - how does that work?

The interview is up!

Robert is headed off to NOVA Open so we hit all the news pre-NOVA, including some interesting discussion on game companies closing and the gaming market before BL author Ian St. Martin joins us to discuss his new novel Lucius: The Faultless Blade.

Next week we'll gush over the news coming from NOVA Open!

Enjoy!

Time stamp:

00:00 - 00:36 - intro
00:36 - 01:32 - Ian St. Martin interview - Lucius: The Faultless Blad & more

www.blacklibrary.com
@ianrunshispen

Does Lucius have any other character defining traits other than his ego and pride in his swordsmanship? I never really "got" his character. The other EC guy that was with him back in the early HH books, can't remember his name, but I found him a far better character. Lucius comes across like some angry kid on Xbox live screaming at you over call of duty.

The interview is up!

Robert is headed off to NOVA Open so we hit all the news pre-NOVA, including some interesting discussion on game companies closing and the gaming market before BL author Ian St. Martin joins us to discuss his new novel Lucius: The Faultless Blade.

Enjoy!

Time stamp:

www.blacklibrary.com
@ianrunshispen

Awesome. And well done - congrats!

The interview is up!

Enjoy!

Time stamp:

www.blacklibrary.com
@ianrunshispen

Awesome. And well done - congrats!

Thanks! I think this week will be Chris Wraight on Carrion Throne, Restorer, and just a touch on Custodes novel up soon, his Primarchs book.

veterannoob

At the end of the week as usual?

What I want to see from Custodes book is actually logistic and 'how they fight' CSM. Not Daemons. Since MoM and all the GS shenangians daemons is boring.

Should be up Wed or  Thurs night depending on my work schedule. I work early morning and 3 11-12 hr. shifts this week. 

Edited by veterannoob

veterannoob

What I want to see from Custodes book is actually logistic and 'how they fight' CSM. Not Daemons. Since MoM and all the GS shenangians daemons is boring.

Should be up Wed or  Thurs night depending on my work schedule. I work early morning and 3 11-12 hr. shifts this week. 

Awesome. I feel your pain - same schedule this month ;)

And Bowden one?

veterannoob

Awesome. I feel your pain - same schedule this month :wink:

And Bowden one?

Aaron & I are still working on a date to schedule. He's a busy genius!:teehee:

veterannoob

Awesome. I feel your pain - same schedule this month :wink:

And Bowden one?

Aaron & I are still working on a date to schedule. He's a busy genius!:teehee:

I thought you already did that one. Do not forget the questions about the void war :wink:

Does Lucius have any other character defining traits other than his ego and pride in his swordsmanship? I never really "got" his character. The other EC guy that was with him back in the early HH books, can't remember his name, but I found him a far better character. Lucius comes across like some angry kid on Xbox live screaming at you over call of duty.

I mean there's his arrogance and ego, but there's also his disillusionment in the Third and to a degree Slaanesh in his quest for sensation, his sort of 'tired old rockstar' status where he's killed about everything at this point and is just seeking out ways to feel again, his internal balance between going to Slaanesh but staying away from corruption just enough to avoid being a blood crazed zerker and how that internal balancing act has driven him insane. Plus, he's genuinely not stupid, I loved his intentional use of his death defying power in In Wolf's Clothing to stage a massive ambush from the inside of the ship. Personally of the Four, he's the second most well written to me after Ahirman, above Khârn who was interesting and then became boring, and way above Typhus who is the worst by virtue of the fact that there is not enough written about him to be interesting.

I mean there's his arrogance and ego, but there's also his disillusionment in the Third and to a degree Slaanesh in his quest for sensation, his sort of 'tired old rockstar' status where he's killed about everything at this point and is just seeking out ways to feel again, his internal balance between going to Slaanesh but staying away from corruption just enough to avoid being a blood crazed zerker and how that internal balancing act has driven him insane. Plus, he's genuinely not stupid, I loved his intentional use of his death defying power in In Wolf's Clothing to stage a massive ambush from the inside of the ship. Personally of the Four, he's the second most well written to me after Ahirman, above Khârn who was interesting and then became boring, and way above Typhus who is the worst by virtue of the fact that there is not enough written about him to be interesting.

Indeed. The main issue with Lucius by that point is that the next real challenge to get him some joy - is to duel/kill at least a Primarch and in the best case one of the Universe Gods.

Lucius is a sensational hedonist who will always be seeking more - and will never get it, cause he can't kill Primarch or a God.

He can't be compared with Khârn or Typhus. The last 2 are servants of their Gods. They get 'joy' from doing their deities job.

Indeed. The main issue with Lucius by that point is that the next real challenge to get him some joy - is to duel/kill at least a Primarch and in the best case one of the Universe Gods.

Lucius is a sensational hedonist who will always be seeking more - and will never get it, cause he can't kill Primarch or a God.

He can't be compared with Khârn or Typhus. The last 2 are servants of their Gods. They get 'joy' from doing their deities job.

That's the trick really, it's the same reason Sigismund is not going to fight any big names at the Siege of Terra. They are both such stupidly good duelists that by rights they should kill the character(And even worse, Lucius has a clause that always ensures a mutual kill even if you're a bloody Necron), but won't, so they would have to put together some convoluted reason for why the character would live.

Lucius is a great swordsman but a mediocre fighter, beaten by Loken and Sharrowkyn. Talk of him facing off against a Primarch is ludicrous.

Recall he then beat Loken in a rematch, he's also strangled a wulfen to death and beaten an Emperor's Champion in single combat, he's even had an extended combat where he was only defeated after seven days and seven nights while taking on an Iron Hands champion and all of his honor guard.

Lucius's mediocrity as a combatant is exaggerated, largely by people viewing his formative years.