It's about... some of those things. Most of them. In bits and bobs. Hard to explain. If I had to give a tagline summary, it's about the finding of Drach'nyen during the First Black Crusade. That's the plot. 

Someone at a signing asked me about Khayon's role going forward, how he relates to the other Black Legion commanders and the Ezekarion itself, as Lord Vigilator. I said it was best summed up by a Varok Saurfang quote: "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution."

You're quoting one of the most bad ass Ork characters ever made? May I assume that Khayon might get a "Broxigar vs. demons / Sargeras" scene? ;)

Hey guys,

For those of you who don't follow ADB's facebook and stuff, he has started writing the second book of the Black Legion series : The Black Legion. The evil dude is teasing us with stuff like the fight between Abaddon and Sigismund or the taking of the Black. The book is supposed to cover the actual foundation of the Black Legion, the end of the Legion War, the first Black Crusade with awesome stuff like the Triumph at Uralan, the recovery of Drach'nyen...

How super exciting is that ?

It's about... some of those things. Most of them. In bits and bobs. Hard to explain. If I had to give a tagline summary, it's about the finding of Drach'nyen during the First Black Crusade. That's the plot. 

Someone at a signing asked me about Khayon's role going forward, how he relates to the other Black Legion commanders and the Ezekarion itself, as Lord Vigilator. I said it was best summed up by a Varok Saurfang quote: "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution."

Hi Aaron,

I am quoting this piece but it is not actually what I am responding to, but the other thread was just shut down.

You referred to:

(Maybe Abaddon might send one of his sorcerers to Terra to go talk to the Inquisition, and thereby narrate a first-person novel series. Who knows. That certainly seems like the kind of tone said narrator is trying to convey, though.)

Was that a reference to a real upcoming series, like the just announced "Vaults of Terra: Carrion Throne" by Chris Wraight?

Such a series idea would be awesome.

Black Legion Arnogaur confirmed !

Loved Arnogaur, by the way. The setting was suitably grim and apocalyptic, and the story itself was really cool.

Aslo...I would love an encounter between Ahriman and Khayon one day...unlikely but it would be cool. Even just a conversation

That would be great, indeed. And could very well happen since Abaddon's inner circle is the real deal in the Eye, I could very well see them bumping into the likes of Ahriman, Khârn, Typhus and such.

Based on Khayon's failed attempt to disrupt the Rubric, pretty sure his and Ahriman's attitude towards each other is somewhere between 'misguided fool' and 'I thought you were dead'.

@ Taliesin: That's what's happened so far to Khayon in Talon of Horus. The book consists of his reminiscences being told to the Inquisition while he's captured and crucified.

Hi Aaron,

I am quoting this piece but it is not actually what I am responding to, but the other thread was just shut down.

You referred to:

(Maybe Abaddon might send one of his sorcerers to Terra to go talk to the Inquisition, and thereby narrate a first-person novel series. Who knows. That certainly seems like the kind of tone said narrator is trying to convey, though.)

Was that a reference to a real upcoming series, like the just announced "Vaults of Terra: Carrion Throne" by Chris Wraight?

As Sandlemad and Vesper said, that's what the Black Legion series is indeed about. So not "upcoming", exactly, as the first book's already out, but I'm writing Book II now.

Hi Aaron,

You referred to:

As Sandlemad and Vesper said, that's what the Black Legion series is indeed about. So not "upcoming", exactly, as the first book's already out, but I'm writing Book II now.

Look'n forward to reading it when it is released.

Hi Aaron,

You referred to:

Could we have some scenes where Khayon goes "drat, maybe I shouldn't have told them that" or an Inquisitor points something out that he had never considered before? The part at the end where he tells the Lady Inquisitor that he's telling them this because they're @£"ed anyway was cool, but it would be nice if his captors get in some rhetorical hits of their own every now and then.

So is Dorn 'lost' during this second book or is he still around?

Dorn is supposed to die during a Black Crusade that takes place after the first one. And one not led by Abaddon.

So we could infere that it's one called by one of Abaddon's rivals (because if you're not with me, you're against me) who tries to emulate his success.

And even if his Black Crusade kinda fails, I guess coming back in the Eye with the skull of Dorn around your neck would be great enough to build a huge reputation and threaten Abaddon's might. Which could lead to a great rivalry.

EDIT :

Could we have some scenes where Khayon goes "drat, maybe I shouldn't have told them that" or an Inquisitor points something out that he had never considered before? The part at the end where he tells the Lady Inquisitor that he's telling them this because they're @£"ed anyway was cool, but it would be nice if his captors get in some rhetorical hits of their own every now and then.

I wonder how the framming will go. I know ADB had no idea if Abaddon would try to "rescue" Khayon, but I think it's unlikely since Khayon told his captors Abaddon wanted him here (even though it might be a lie). Or maybe he'll escape and go deliver his message to what's left of the Emperor. Telling his last living cells "We are returned".

Great news for book 2 ! As for Khayon's inquisition problem, i have a theory :

Remember when Abby confronts Khayon about whatserhname Dark eldar's Undeath ? My memory's a bit fuzzy and i do not have the book in front of me but he then asks Khayon if he could do it again or make someone believe he's someone else before dismissing the conversation. IMO it's not Khayon in the inqui forteress, it's something/someone on which Khayon imprinted himself. Now before dismissing this, consider the thousand sons history with Hidden Ones and veeeeeeeery deep cover operatives, such as in Prospero Burns or the old lore.

If that's the case, very tricksy A-D-B, veeery Tricksy :)

I can't wait!  Most importantly - will there be another limited edition as nice as the first one in the series?  I had to pay a king's ransom to ebay one after it was out and want to make sure I'm ready this time!

http://i.imgur.com/dnrhcOF.jpg

I love that Night Lords painting on the cover of the limited edition - I remember it from 3rd edition, was it in Index Astartes or the 3.5 Codex? Good for reminding people the reaper iconography is old hat for the Night Lords.

That's from Index Astartes as far as I remember. The Night Lords entry in the codex had a different, but equally evocative, piece in it.

So is Dorn 'lost' during this second book or is he still around?

Dorn is supposed to die during a Black Crusade that takes place after the first one. And one not led by Abaddon.

So we could infere that it's one called by one of Abaddon's rivals (because if you're not with me, you're against me) who tries to emulate his success.

And even if his Black Crusade kinda fails, I guess coming back in the Eye with the skull of Dorn around your neck would be great enough to build a huge reputation and threaten Abaddon's might. Which could lead to a great rivalry.

EDIT :

I wonder how the framming will go. I know ADB had no idea if Abaddon would try to "rescue" Khayon, but I think it's unlikely since Khayon told his captors Abaddon wanted him here (even though it might be a lie). Or maybe he'll escape and go deliver his message to what's left of the Emperor. Telling his last living cells "We are returned".

I personally hope Khayon doesn't escape and leave Terra. He's the narrator and framing device. I need him there, talking to people.

If he escaped, that'd be pretty damn selfish of him. 

I found Khayon to be a fascinating character who somehow actually had me routing for him during parts of his journey, but i can't help feeling that IF he had the opportunity to escape (and let's face it he has as much chance as Epimetheus does!) he wouldn't take it. He is exactly where Abaddon want's him, for better or worse. Like him or not he still calls the galaxy's biggest douchbag "warmaster" and as such is expendable for the betterment of his long war. I think Khayon freely accepts his fate while serving a higher purpose.

Archived