Keeper of Secrets Model

HeresyBeliever

Creature Caster's Spider Demon and Pincer Demon are both good alternatives. Mierce Miniatures has a nice KoS proxy as well... Angaakk, Ox-gore of the Darkwald.

I use the Spider Demon as a proxy for Zarakynel, it's 6.5" tall, and the ox-gore for my KoS. They are both on 92 X 120mm bases.

These are all resin models. The Creature Caster models are keyed really well so pinning isn't a priority. For the Mierce minions I recommend pining the limbs. It's easiest to glue the limb in place first, drill a hole for the pin and use a thin super glue to set the pin. I can try and pictures later if you'd like, next to some other minis for comparison.

@bozo69pd - Unless you somethign we don't, there isn't a plastic KoS out... yet.

I have seen people use a AoS Verminlord as a base for a conversion, those look pretty good, and the Verminlord is only $90.

It comes down to how much conversion work you want to do... a little or a lot? I made a Bloodthirster out of a Ghorgon... never again. It was A LOT of work to get it to look right. My Zarakunel had some bits added but the model itself is unmodified.

I'm torn between doing a Verminlord conversion, using the Medusa or getting a Creature Caster model :unsure.: .

Probably gonna go for the Medusa since its the most economical by far.

Then you can still build the wagon into a slaanesh chariot conversion for herald!

I'm torn between doing a Verminlord conversion, using the Medusa or getting a Creature Caster model :unsure.: .

Then you can still build the wagon into a slaanesh chariot conversion for herald!

Yeah and when (if ever) the new bigass model comes out Medusa will just be demoted to a Daemon Prince.

Yeah and when (if ever) the new bigass model comes out Medusa will just be demoted to a Daemon Prince.

I have actually seen a great conversion of her with the extra wings you can buy.

Holy models Batman, then I found this one :ohmy.: I wasn't going to bother with a KoS for my Daemons as nothing matched the Diaz sculpts... is the size about right? Looks about right for Zarakynel's stature?

The Spider Demon one is exactly the size of Magnus, for comparison. We're painting one now.

Ah, the Keeper of Secrets! I've been longing to share my stupid ideas regarding them. I do have a FW KoS waiting for me to assemble and paint her...but first I have to finish all my other models. Also we all know what a gorgeous model that is so let's move on.

I'm currently working on scratch-sculpting a Keeper of Secrets, made mostly from putty and the occasional plastic part (with hands and face modified from a bootleg Sailor Mars figure of all things!). Obviously though, scratchbuilding a model is a lot of work so let's focus on models you could easily convert.

The Ghorgon: This was the one that leapt to mind to begin with. It would be perfect for a more "classic" KoS styled after the old RT model in all its bovine glory. I'd be tempted to remove some of the skulls though. Other conversions could include replacing the "blade stumps" on the upper arms with bigger, more crustacean claws, sculpting some, ahem, udders on the torso and perhaps doing away with the loincloth in favour of some hideous undergarment...actually let's stop there before this goes places it shouldn't.

The Vermin Lord: Rats have long represented corruption, so this would be oddly fitting. Plus, with some conversions, it could be made to resemble the Fiends fairly easily. The weapons are quite Slaaneshi too!

The Giant: With hooves, a swollen stomach and a rather pronounced, um, "Implement of Slaanesh" this model would be ripe for converting into a KoS, specifically one representing gluttony. Plus it's very easy to modify. It is a little on the small size though.

I'd be willing to bet a new GW plastic one is coming in the next year or so. Though sucks to wait with no real timeline. I kinda am expecting a new GUO quite soon with all these Nurgle releases (probably with the AoS Nurgle book) then once GW is done with Nurgle, Slaanesh will be next, likely in conjunction with Eldar, and Elf releases in their respective games. 

It'd certainly be nice. Given how amazing the Bloodthirster and Lord of Change were I reckon the KoS and GUO will come out wonderfully. I'm not sure what direction they'll go for with the Keeper, presumably a more "old-school" bovine/minotaur styled look.Which to be fair wouldn't be unwelcome, as the oldschool model was pretty cool (if tiny) and we do have the FW model for the "sexy giant Daemonette" look.

Anyway, back to conversion ideas.

One idea I had was a Keeper of Secrets in the form of a much smaller Daemon riding a big Slaaneshi beastie. One could go about converting the beetle from the AoS Everqueen model. Remove the elf (she can be converted into a Daemon Prince), file off the more elfy bits, bling it up with Slaaneshi iconography/mutations, and give it a Daemonic rider of some kind (possibly some withered, enfeebled Daemonette?). Hey presto, highly unconventional Keeper of Secrets! Just be sure to clarify what it is before games.

If you're not worried about playing in GW stores, there is the Ultraforge Pleasure Daemon.

4pxVuZV.jpg

The pros: It's cheap, looks the part and is mostly decently sculpted.

The cons: It's not very big, and some elements (notably the rocky base, the sword and the bundle of noodles masquerading as a whip) are questionably sculpted.

I've got an Avatar of Shaah (Raging Heroes) arriving at some point which could work, but I'll likely use it as Zarakynel instead due to her height being around eight inches. How tall is a KoS?

The "current" model is roughly the size of a Dreadnought I think, old metal thing.