Audio Books

Knockagh

I'm not certain either, but I believe there've been rumors since the last events. What I gathered from hearsay there was a disconnect between him and BL/GW a few years back which resulted in the Cain situation we got used to (no 3rd omnibus, no new novels), but that should be mended now? Please, somebody who actually knows, correct me if I'm wrong on that.

But I'd definitely love a present-day Cain adventure. As in, told from after the Thirteenth Black Crusade again, set during the Fall of Cadia timeline perhaps, and giving his snarky opinions on Guilliman's return and Primaris, while telling a cracking story about how he single-handedly saved Ursakar E. Creed or something by cooperating with Eldar.

On topic of Audible, Lukas the Trickster is out. No sign of Eisenhorn: The Magos yet. Fething fethers with their convoluted scheduling. And of course the Eisenhorn miniature is sold out on GW already....

Edited by DarkChaplain

This is quite frustrating. On one hand BL now brilliantly handle multi platform marketing, social media interaction and tie it all together very nicely with staggered releases and alot more audiobooks than they used to.

On the other hand they find it nearly impossible to instruct all new releases when sending Audible an update. It cannot be that difficult to implement an additional & minor part of your distribution process can it? Maybe I'm over simplifying things here, but seriously, someone chose or was instructed only to send Lukas the Trickster to Audible's UK site. I can just imagine the conversation now...

Audio Minion 1 - "um, should we include Magos, you know one of the most hyped surprise releases of the past year?"

Audio Minion 2 - "the list just says Lukas..."

Audio Minion 1 - "hmmm, well what about Ravenor Volumes 1 & 2 cuz the other week we gave em Volume 3..."

Audio Minion 2 - "just click the damn send button"

Grumble, grumble, grumble :happy.:

Edited by JH79

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks. I’m reading it at the minute but will definitely get it on audio for a reread. I haven’t read quite a few of the mini stories, they are awesome!

Thanks. I’m reading it at the minute but will definitely get it on audio for a reread. I haven’t read quite a few of the mini stories, they are awesome!

It's sad that Titanicus is not on Audible.

Keep your hopes up. Titanicus is getting a paperback re-release later this year, and it may be the perfect time for BL to do an audiobook edition. They've been pretty good with Abnett's classics so far.

It's sad that Titanicus is not on Audible.

Keep your hopes up. Titanicus is getting a paperback re-release later this year, and it may be the perfect time for BL to do an audiobook edition. They've been pretty good with Abnett's classics so far.

That is great to hear.

Amazing. They put up two preorders for tomorrow, Titan's Bane and AoS's Plague Garden (which gets an audiobook I guess?). Still no Ravenor.

They didn't even bother with the Nagash audiobook from last week. Interesting that they haven't even confirmed an audiobook for Plague Garden on BL as far as I am aware, but put it onto audible. You'd think they'd want to fill in the blanks of the Realmgate Wars as well, seeing how they decided not to continue audios there while the next WDs still listed them...

Amazing. They put up two preorders for tomorrow, Titan's Bane and AoS's Plague Garden (which gets an audiobook I guess?). Still no Ravenor.

They didn't even bother with the Nagash audiobook from last week. Interesting that they haven't even confirmed an audiobook for Plague Garden on BL as far as I am aware, but put it onto audible. You'd think they'd want to fill in the blanks of the Realmgate Wars as well, seeing how they decided not to continue audios there while the next WDs still listed them...

It's funny DC. i saw these additions this morning while having a quick browse and instantly thought of you, Punishing Pete and this thread! :happy.:

The confusion continues, BL really needs to iron out the kinks re distribution of it's media to Audible. I am desperate to experience the Ravanor trilogy before starting Magos (like many I'm re-reading Eisenhorn and loving every minute of it!) but no way I'm picking up Volume 3 without 1 & 2 to listen to before hand!

I mean, it makes perfect sense for BL to put the most recent stuff onto audible first, while it is still relevant and all. But they've been spotty even there, and the backlog is almost complete from what I've noticed. I couldn't point you to obvious gaps in the lineup outside of ancient audio dramas perhaps. They could literally get it over with and send their stuff to audible over the rest of march at this point, especially seeing how the audio dramas are single-track like their own digital mp3 downloads.

It's funny DC. i saw these additions this morning while having a quick browse and instantly thought of you, Punishing Pete and this thread! :happy.:

The confusion continues, BL really needs to iron out the kinks re distribution of it's media to Audible. I am desperate to experience the Ravanor trilogy before starting Magos (like many I'm re-reading Eisenhorn and loving every minute of it!) but no way I'm picking up Volume 3 without 1 & 2 to listen to before hand!

Haha I love you thought of us

• 2 weeks later...

Ravenor first book devoured. Loved it. Remember now why it’s my favourite of Dans Inquisition books.

Having not read Ravenor in many years I have to say listening to it as opposed to reading it gave me a completely different experience. Really enjoyed it. I have read physical copies of Eisenhorn in the last few months and I really enjoyed that too. But I will definitely give them a listen too. Nice to have someone read to you.

• 1 month later...

So they just released The Devastation of Baal as an audiobook on Saturday, including on Audible. Spent a credit on it, and just now noticed that the amount of chapters doesn't match up with the ebook copy.

Would you look at that, the Audible version is missing the final chapter and the Black Library outro. The length is given at 13:07, whereas BL themselves place it at 13:50. What a derp. Guess I'll be refunding my credit til this gets fixed, then.

We never know until it happens, I'm afraid. BL haven't put up anything in the coming soon section in months now, ever since working mostly through the backlog. Sometimes they're precisely on time, like with Devastation of Baal (though defective), sometimes it takes them months. Considering the last few HH titles, I'd say it is likely coming if not on Saturday, then in the coming week.

Oh my, Devistation of Baal is available from BL & Audible?! Serves me right for being a wee bit out of the loop!

Colour me confused at the complete lack of fanfare from BL re this though. Very happy to have Gareth Armstrong back again following his quite excellent narration on Dante!

Has Audible given an indication if they're going to fix this? I had a quick look and the run time is still different to that on the BL site. Heck, there's even a review complaining about the abrupt ending.

I don't think it's an issue on Audible's end. They just put up what they get as far as I'm aware. It'd appear to be more likely an editing error on BL's end.

The 29th chapter finishes, followed by the usual "audible hopes you've enjoyed this program" bookend, when in the novel you've got chapter 30, and the BL outro. My best guess is that somebody forgot to merge the final tracks into the audible file they handed in and audible just slapped their announcements on it as usual.

Best we can do is email BL about it and let Haley know to get the info to his editor/relevant staff. I'm not sure if he's seen my tweet yet. On the audible end, I refunded as soon as I've noticed it (only a few chapters into the book, was considering finishing it and hoping for an update while I'm still at it). Figured if I'd refund it with the "broken" reason, they might look into it quicker.

Interesting, and very proactive on your part!

It's a shame that BL really do seem to be struggling with their regularity of Audible releases and now Quality Control too. Maybe it's an internal staffing issue, as in their Audio Departments workload has outstripped capacity, and as can and does happen in many businesses, they're not overly willing to hire extra staff until they can justify (to themselves) that added cost.

Dante really did leave me chomping at the bit for more so i hope this is fixed soon.