Audio Books

Knockagh

Ah, yeah, the annual fantastic Audible sale that doesn't happen for anybody outside the US and maybe UK stores... God, I hate being locked into my DE-Amazon/Audible account for my Kindle. Our "sale" event this year is.. 50 curated, german-only audiobooks / radio dramas for 5 bucks or half-credit. Almost all tosh, and the stuff that isn't would be better read in English anyway.

Enjoy the sale, folks, and make sure to pick up lots of audiobooks!

@aa.logan

Blackshield is pretty good so far, with its two dramas. It can be a bit harder to follow though due to a reduced reliance on the narrator, though.

Definitely pick up the Elysia trilogy, though - excellent stuff.

Generally, I'd recommend getting the anthologies in audiobook format for the Horus Heresy, due to getting a lot more bang for your buck, but The Binary Succession is one I'd definitely recommend getting the drama of anyway. Same goes for John French's Warmaster, which is part of Echoes of Ruin.

Does black library do German audiobooks? Currently learning the language and that may be something fun.

The first three HH books got released in German a few weeks ago iirc

Absolutely no idea. There's no listing on BL yet either. Chances are, not even Guy Haley, being the author, would know (heck, David Guymer didn't even know about the two Gotrek & Felix audiobooks happening at all until they popped up on Audible for preorder...).

I wonder what went wrong over at BL that their audio production team is so haywire lately.

• 3 months later...

For those of you with a few spare audible credits to burn, see below!

Dark Imperium: Plague War

Shadowbreaker - this was a surprise release with absolutely no fanfare from, wait for it... yesterday! Clocking in at 16+ hours it looks like Steve Parkers return to 40k is an absolute beast of a book!! Should prove to be a nice distraction for the remainder of my day at the office!

Didn't want to start a new thread for this but what would you all recommend for a listen? I have 2 audible credits to burn. 

I currently have:

Black Legion 1 & 2

Lords of Silence

Emperors Legion

Hunger

Realmslayer

I’ve just finished the first Cain novel. In print, it is far more enjoyable as it has any right to be; and is even more so as an audio.

The Carrion Throne is dead good and fits in with your Wraight-heavy library. The Magos offers a lot of hours for your credit, but if you’re going there, the Eisenhorn/Ravenor audios are excellent too...

Didn't want to start a new thread for this but what would you all recommend for a listen? I have 2 audible credits to burn. 

I currently have:

Black Legion 1 & 2

Lords of Silence

Emperors Legion

Hunger

Realmslayer

Depends on what you are interested in I guess. Master of Mankind was great, the two Fabius Bile ones too and if you are interested in 40k Blood Angels then the Dante, Devastation of Baal and Mephiston ones are mandatory. Also if you are interested in the current 40k timeline at all you really should listen to the Dark Imperium books too.

I currently have:

Black Legion 1 & 2

Lords of Silence

Emperors Legion

Hunger

Realmslayer

If you want to blow your 2 credits in one hit then maybe try some of the following:

Dark Imperium 1 & 2. These run on the same timeline as Lords of Silence which is a damn good read and i assume you enjoyed, but instead follows the "good" guys as opposed to the traitor filth of the death guard... both are fantastic!

The Carrion Throne & it's followup The Interrogation of Salvor Lermentov. Set just before the Gatherin Storm / Dark Imperium Im not sure what i enjoyed more about these, the depiction of Holy Terra or the Inquisitorial detective story. Both are bloody fantastic!

Helsreach & Pandorax - Two great stand alone novels from the now shelved Space Marine Battles series. Helsreach is a particular fan favourite from ADB featuring the Black Templars & Orks... lots and lots of Orks. It's a fantastic look into a Space Marines mindset and provides some of the most incredible action set pieces and last stands... it holds up remarkably well and really set the bar high for the rest of the SMB series. Pandorax on the other hand is like Marmite as it really did split fan opinion. I love it, its fast paced, relentlessly brutal, has a grim dark as *bleep* ending and features a whole host of high profile characters from 40k, including everyones favourite traitor scumbag, Abaddon.

Two fantastic and stand aloe Audio Dramas to consider would be Parting of the Ways & Blade of Purity. Parting of the ways is an essential Space Wolves story and features the titular Bjorn at the end of his Transhuman life and experiencing flashbacks to the final moments with his Primarch. Blade of Purity features two interconnected Grey Knights stories. Powerful daemons, psychic attacks and filth Xenos are the order of the day here, though be warned that BL messed the running order up, Incorruptible precedes True Name when in reality you should listen to True Name first and Incorruptible second. Audio Production, scripting & character Performances are all 5* here!

Whatever you end up buying i hope you enjoy!! :happy.:

Edited by JH79

• 3 months later...

Knights of Macragge should be interesting, seeing how that part of the 8th edition fluff has only been brushed over so far. Brothers of the Snake isn't quite surprising, considering Abnett is consistently in the BL topsellers on Audible as is, and I guess this means I'll finally be reading it too.