So... 25s or 32s?

CrusherJoe

I'm rounding the corner on needing to do some basing, and I got to thinking: The Geninae are on 32s, and Full Metal Sisters are the same size as marines, so...why not put them on 32mm bases?

I can't find anything in the rules one way or the other, so I thought I was ask for your thoughts...?

Historically the most common rule's been 'Base on what ever base it was sold with'. They were marketed for the 25mm 'slotta' base system, so 25mm is your answer.

Most prior basing rules have included a clause exempting previous official bases, so you should be good with this forever.

I am in the 25 camp. I think sisters look odd on 32's. But that's just my opinion. I even put my geminae on 25's. They are no bigger than my other seraphim (and I didn't want to wait for new resin bases to arrive :) )

Smells like witchcraft to me :biggrin.: (but I guess they do look neat)

Indeed. Being oversized for the figure is heresy. The Emperor clearly prefers them when they're just nicely big enough for the model and not cumbersome and inefficiently larger.

I put my metal Celestine on a 40mm base ages ago because she kept falling over, so it works out fine with the plastic version coming in that size. I am using metal Seraphim Superiors as Geminae, and since they are a new unit that comes on 32s, I am putting the old metal figures old 25s on top of the new 32s. I reckon that's fair.

All my old girls are sticking with the 25 slottas, because that's how they were packaged.

I'm mixing mine. Regular infantry on 25's characters on 32's

Mard I love  those bases! Did you make those are did you buy them from somewhere?

Nope, bought them for ease of use.

Secret weapon bases, they have them in all sizes for all infantry and vehicles

• 4 weeks later...

I think the Genestealer Cults set a cool precedent for mixing up base sizes.

Personally, I'll be putting characters and heavy weapons on 32's. Regular gals go on 25's.

The heavy weapons, Imagifiers and Priests look way better on 32's.

Still debating putting Arco's on 32's, or not.